Posts by Heermeyer47

    I got what I wanted. My altimeter needle runs noticeably faster than the variometer needle. That's the code I did it with:

    Note that the string with zeroing of the Value parameter is commented on. I needed the static pressure not to slow down in any way, the altimeter had to work fast.

    And that was my last fix on the C172mod.tmd file. I made a few more editions in it, after which my Cessna in Aerofly began to fly almost the same way as the real one, which I had to pilot. She began to feel the full load of 3 passengers and fuel under the maximum permitted gross weight.

    Thank you for your help.

    Thank you, Jan, thank you, Steve.

    I wouldn't have any questions if all the dynamic objects were described in the Wiki in the same way as it was done, for example, in C++ libraries. The function call, the list of its parameters and the range of their values should be shown. I just now understood what the second parameter in the line "first_order_low_pass" means. And what does the "Value" parameter mean in the last line of this object. Now I'll try to write the code again, but I won't poke my nose like a blind little kitten.

    Hi, Steeve.

    I was glad that I removed the error from the log by finding the right place to insert the first_order_low_pass object. This is the right place in the Cessna file:

    But there was nothing to be happy about anymore. I set TimeConstant values from 0.0001 to 1000.0, - and - I didn't get any reaction from the variometer needle. The speed of its movement was the same in all experiments. So I did not understand how this first_order_low_pass works. Now everything is reliable on Jan...

    I have a StaticPressure object. But -

           16.68-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: object 'StaticPressure' not found
           tmfile_properties:       WARNING:  property 'StaticPressure' is not a member of type 'first_order_low_pass'  hash=2961382885451930720.
           16.68-tmmodelmanager:          ERROR:  object 'StaticPressure' not found
           16.68-tmmodelmanager:          ERROR:  property 'StaticPressure.Output' not found
           16.68-tmfile_properties:       property |StaticPressure| not found in this context |first_order_low_pass|

    That's the initial code:

                // vertical speed

    That's the modified code:

    As an object for first_order_low_pass, I tried both PitotTube.StaticPressure and VerticalSpeedIndicator.VerticalSpeed - the result is the same.

    Question: What should be in first_order_low_pass as a Value?

    C172 has the following drawback: the device variometer shows the change in vertical speed almost immediately after the change in static pressure. The actual variometer in the Cessna cab shows this speed with a very noticeable delay in time.

    Aerofly has a static pressure channel and a vertical velocity channel, which receives changes from the first channel. How do you slow this down in a tmd file by analogy with the speed difference between OilTemperatureInput and EngineOilTemperature, where Speed = 0.5? The Speed command can only be used for the "needle" type, but not for the vertical speed.

    Hi, Jeff.

    No, Jeff, it's not so beautiful! Look at my post in the topic "Geoconvert scenery border effects" N 15. Someone from your team should explain to us that in the Sim controls the appearance of the tiles when the aircraft approaches them. Moreover, this effect is manifested only at the boundaries of two zones processed by Geoconvert at different times.

    I should note that as long as there is no technology for the normal scenery making.

    I still could not defeat tiles that showed up when I approached them. This is an effect on the boundaries of neighboring zones, which are sequentially processed by different GeoConvert launches. This effect was not until the patch, it appeared as a result of the patch. I tried to include masks, turn them off. With the masks turned off, the areas on the borders can be completely absent, there simply are no files. But even where there are files, they still appear only on approach.

    Now I think that the problem lies in the general principle of technology for building neighboring zones. Wikipedia in the "Geoconvert Tool: Advanced Features Tutorial" section describes the technology of combining the results of two launches into one folder for "scenery / images". Here's a quote from there: "Combine the final content into a single folder to avoid duplicate tiles and masks in different sub folders." On Jeff's advice, I did not integrate them, but began to place all the files with masks in different sub folders under "scenery / images". It seemed to me that AFS2 can not correctly and in advance, at a reasonable distance approach to connect the boundary tiles in different subfolders with the same names, and it does not matter what level they are.

    It is more correct, probably, to unite them, as suggested in Wikipedia. But there, in two different starts, you get the SAME files with masks and with the same names, which can easily be rejected. But in my case there are files DIFFERENT in content and with the same names. How to cull them when merging into one folder - it's unclear! Here is the main problem of constructing scenarios, in my opinion.

    Hi, dear Ussiowa.

    This effect is reproduced in two my cases:

    1) on the boundary between my area and the surface that is not completely filled;

    2) on the border between two of my areas, made by two different GeoConvert launches.

    In the first case, I defeated this effect by including the mask mode "true" at level 14 in the TMC-file for GeoConvert. The "true" mode was only included for levels 9 and 14. With the second case, I'm still fighting. If something happens, I'll write.