Posts by larrylynx

Hi All

Many thanks for the best wishes, that's what happens when your part of a great community :thumbup: Sunburn may be great now and again but it drains you when you have it 3 times a week for 4 months 8)

Hi Paul, more than happy to post the theory my brother and I have been working on for 12 months or so, still working on Part 2. It's a mere 20 MB and a 20 mins read, Ok, that's a lie, it's more than 20 mins but lots of pictures ;) Drop me a mail with your email and I'll send it to you. More people that read it the better, if you think it's rubbish then feel free to say so, can't be any worse than the gang are doing at present. Part 2 is proving our locations which I am working on, managed to find 20 plus thanks to Jerrs Ariel Photography, well worth a watch.

Steve

Not at the moment. Had 4 months of skin cancer treatment which made me feel very tired most of the time. This did however give me time to solve the Curse of Oak Island and locate the treasure =O

CH53E has been abandoned for the moment as it still refuses to play nice in the sim. Mulling over new projects so will get back in the saddle soon.

To my knowledge this is no Blackhawk. There is a Lynx MK7 and a AH64A.

To model and programme a helicopter from scratch takes about 6 months of one's time. I don't see any way of converting an existing helicopter either, to many systems, control locations etc that need re-modelling. Plus you will need access to the helicopter specific code from IPACS which is not very easy to obtain.

Sorry to bring all the bad news but that's the truth of the situation

Steve

Hi

What you need for a mouse action point is contained in the controls.tmd file. I would suggest looking at the jungmeister as it is simple and sort of works with what you have. Each aircraft should have a aircraft tmd and a controls tmd. The latter is not always needed unless you want to interact with it by mouse.

Copy the controls.tmd from the jungmeister and place in your aircraft folder, open it up. The only section you will need for the moment is 187 to 226 as this deals with the stick or bar in your case, the rest can be removed but do observe the file correct structure. Unless you have other mouse input areas this should be all you will need for your controls.tms file.

Again from the jungmeister, the lines that you need from the jungmeister.tmd are 899 to 946 and 1874 to 1899. I normally like to make a temporary file, copy in the controls section, dynamics section and graphics section entries. This way it's normally a small file to look at and follow the flow, saves bouncing back and forwards in the tmd files ( which can get very big on more complex stuff). Once your happy with the flow, copy the entries into the relevant tmd and cross your fingers. If the dreaded red cube appears it's much easier to look at your small file to try and track down the error.

Forgot to add, do remember to change the pivot points to reflect your model and also the geometry list.

Steve

This would appear to be a MAC problem as the PC version works fine even with these errors. I have corrected most of the errors (plus another one) as seen in your TM.log

I am stuck on the NAV1Frequency.Set error. I plan to ask Jetpac for help but he is on a well earned vacation at the moment so it will have to wait.

Once I have corrected this error I will post a new TMQ file.

Steve

Hi Michael

Thanks for the updated log file. The new file did find yet another minor error which I have corrected. Quite why it didn't find this error the first time is past my pay grade.

We do still have the NAV1Frequency errors but I can't see why that should be so I will consult with Master Obi Jan next week. He's on a well earned break so I'll leave him in peace.

Happy New Year to you and all the other forum members

Steve

HI Michael

It would seem the MAC is less tolerant than the PC as it runs with no errors on the PC.

I looked at the errors in your file and I have hopefully corrected them. Perhaps the 4 "NAV1Frequency.Set" may still cause me problems. They relate to the TACAN, which works perfectly on the PC.

I will PM the updated file as I don't want to include a updated TMQ file on the forum until I know its working fine. Once all is Ok I will post it over on the Flight-sim.org site so everyone can update.

Steve

On the PC version we have a TM.log in the C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Aerofly FS 2. Does this file also exist on the mac. if so can you post it.

This file will normally explain why the dreaded red cube has appeared

Also, many thanks for all the messages, really appreciated :thumbup:

Steve

Sorry unable to help as I do not have a Mac, perhaps Jetpack or other Mac users will offer some advice. Please ensure you downloaded the Release version as the WIP versions didn't have the options files and it's normally the lack of these that causes this error.

Steve

I have indeed done a comparison and agree with your findings. My system is what you may call average so its just my observations so far using Rift CV1

MSFS2020 VR. Visually superior but needs most of the details reducing to avoid frame stutter, even then it's still not good. Noticeable barn door

X-Plane 11 VR. Works well for the most part but still stutters occasionally. Kind of looks cartoonish at times. Cockpits tend to look smaller, tiny in some cases.

DCS VR. Works great, flies great, is great but it's a combat sim so not for everyone.

FS2 VR. Fantastic in VR but lacks a lot of features. Perhaps the introduction of better weather, ATC and AI may well reduce this but time will tell. Apache looks great in VR, yes I'm biased ;)

Just my two pence worth

Steve

Make a backup of the a320.TMD just in case. Master Obi Jan may not approve and may correct what I say but this is my understanding.

The nose sounds are controlled in this TMD file, towards the very end of the TMD line 56727

Here you can see the nose volume, it has 2 components, input0 gets multiplied by input1

<[soundmultiply][GroundRollVolumeNose][]

<[string8][Input0][GroundRollFactorNose.Output]>

<[string8][Input1][GroundRollFactorNose1.Output]>

>

you could try to adjust the GroundRollFactorNose, this entry is above the one above, line 56691

<[soundmapping][GroundRollFactorNose][]

<[string8][Input][GroundRollLoadNose.Output]>

<[tmvector2d][Map][ (0.0 0.1) (1000.0 1.0) ]>

>

I would guess this is the load factor on the wheel mapped to the GroundRollFactorNose.Output, so maybe raising it above 1.0 may help. Same for the 2 mains

Adjusting GroundRollFactorNose1 is speed to output, as it's the wheel I suspect radian/sec though it could be aircraft speed in m/sec . The 5 entries for GroundRollFactorNose1 are similar to a U shaped graph.

Any updates to FS2 will overwrite what you have changed, Steam may also do this during it's checks too.

Steve