Posts by Mustang60348

I know, but my point was that if you announce something, you will create a hype and if you aren’t able to finish it, people will get very upset.

Correct, and in this case (so far) IPACS hasn't finished their product, they have announced "Big Things" are coming and have been saying it for years with no indication of what the 'big things' are or when they are coming, so it's worse than the Apple example because at least you know that product isn't coming, with IPACS, all we have is their word (for years) that it is coming.

I keep repeating "For years" because that is significant , very significant. In those years IPACS has released other versions of the software for other platforms which means they are not putting full effort into the product they sold "ME" and "YOU".

If they would give us an estimated release date and suddenly a problem occurs, which

they can’t fix, the whole community would be disappointed.

Take a look at Apple’s air power for example. They announced it in 2017, then a problem occurred, which they couldn’t fix, so they canceled it. The community was very disappointed.

Did the community already pay for Apples Air Power. If not, then it isn't the same thing, because in that community, the people were only fans, NOT customers.

All of us are still hard at work every day so development is far from dead. We are working quickly and made great progress so far. There are exciting new things on the horizon and I hope we have some more information on that soon. Please be patient, we don't want to rush the release of the next update.

Before the 'big new features' are ready we will probably have several semi-big updates along the way.

You must realize that you have been saying "exciting things on the horizon" for several years, not days, weeks or months but YEARS.

Thats what i forgot to Mention, that an Engine Shutdown, Cold and Dark, Pushback and Ground Services are Basic Features wich you can find in ANY Simulator.

This really isn't a simulator yet, there are just too many features missing to call it one. What is it then. It an awesome, high frame rate scenery display program with a possible simulator sitting on top of it.

Mustang60348 Microsoft said, that you have to use the azure cloud for streaming the scenery, otherwise you have to own a PC with 2 petabytes of memory.

That's doesn't mean they are going to charge you a month fee to play the game. e.g. When you download patches for AFS2, IPACS doesn't charge you a month fee.

Your response seems to say that you will need an azure account, that simply is not true, THEY are using azure to stream the data.

MSFS will never never never never running in VR with a Performance like FS2!

And ALL what you have seen from MSF 2020 is a little little Video part!!!! Nothing else!

Maybe, this little area has MS finalized - but the complete world? NEVER in 10 years!

You have no idea how wrong you are about this. Some people have seen MORE THAN A LITTLE VIDEO. Also some of us are early adopters of another sim that is updating their VR to near AFS2 level of beauty and detail because they switched to Vulcan, and this is with early betas. AND this will with a full populated world with traffic, etc etc.

Do you think IPACS will maintain the smooth VR performance when they add ATC, when they add more maps, when they add air traffic, add ship traffic, add cars, airport traffic. NO they won't. How much it goes down remains to be seen but it will go down.

Merry Christmas to you too. Next year will be very creative indeed :)

Haven't you been saying that for the last couple of years "Next year will see big stuff" and here we are on the 20th of Dec 2019 and still no real news about any of the promised big features but oh, we did get to pay someone (3rd party) for ATC that should be in the game from the devs by now. I was here in the beginning, I did tutorials , released a high res airport etc, but got very disillusioned because once again another dev has made big promises but has failed to live up to them, instead has chosen to develop version for other systems with the money paid by US, the PC users. Here is my prediction for these big features that are "COMING", they will be DLC, iow, pay us more money for features we said would be in the original game.

We have all been waiting for a long time for these and many other features, the devs have gone very silent on even when some of the basic stuff is coming. We are only assured that it is coming. Things like ATC, traffic etc would make the sim come alive, right now to be very honest it is just a great scenery display program.

For sure what Jeff said! Thank you Rodeo.

I think I am missing something here, probably something dumb. I have tried 3 times now. I get the TOC file fine, I have edited the TSC, made sure all the textures are in the right place, and I am still not getting any buildings or lights at night. Can someone take a look at these and see what I messed up?

Andrew

Filename is incorrect.

It should be MAP.TOC not MAP.TOC.TXT

We can't share photoimagery due to copyright (except USGS imagery). However in another thread an IPACS developer mentioned the idea of us sharing the files needed to automatically download/generate the aerial images. I'm hoping we can eventually do this along with sharing cultivation, though cultivation itself still has some way to go as the developers have kept saying. Early stages, but great progress.

Have a look at what I did with my CYZX 14 Wing Greenwood airport. I saved the FSET.ini file and the PartialFSEarthTiles.ini files and uploaded them with my airport. This has allowed people to 'easily' create the underlying ground textures themselves. Based on feedback, this seems to work quite well.

Mustang,

Thanks for the great airport! You packaged it just perfectly - we can do the FSET effort so easily with the files that you provided - it should be the model (list of files) for any other efforts from the rest of us.

Are the buildings a combination of VREF models and your own - and how did you do the sharp taxi lines. Where did you find the great P-3 aircraft models?

Thanks again

Dave W.

Thanks for the compliments

The buildings were done by me from Hires Photos I have of most if not all the buildings here. It is fairly easy to do manually when you have good photos. THe aurora I believe came from Sketchup and was converted. (I did a video tutorial on how to do that)

I decided to jump in and get to grips with FSET, Geoconvert, etc. So, my first attempt is a photo background for Greenwood. I did not notice your FSET.ini file, so I am doing it myself. I have started with a small 5nm x 5nm block, but it has been processing for at least 15 hours now, and the Geoconvert is only at 87% (around 4000 of 11250 tiles, now on level 14.) When I went to bed last night it was at 80%. I thought it would have been finished through the night for sure.

I followed a video tutorial on You Tube. I am using the Helper, and am generating levels 9, 11, 12, 13, 14.

Is this typical of the length of time to do one small airport background?

- Kenneth

I only generate 13, 14. Perhaps I am doing it wrong myself but I get good results very quickly.