Posts by Mustang60348

We have all been waiting for a long time for these and many other features, the devs have gone very silent on even when some of the basic stuff is coming. We are only assured that it is coming. Things like ATC, traffic etc would make the sim come alive, right now to be very honest it is just a great scenery display program.

For sure what Jeff said! Thank you Rodeo.

I think I am missing something here, probably something dumb. I have tried 3 times now. I get the TOC file fine, I have edited the TSC, made sure all the textures are in the right place, and I am still not getting any buildings or lights at night. Can someone take a look at these and see what I messed up?

Andrew

Filename is incorrect.

It should be MAP.TOC not MAP.TOC.TXT

Where do the 3d buildings come from when you generate cultivation data. The reason I am asking is because there are a TON of 'free' buildings in sketchup that perhaps could be used as 3d buildings in our cultivation files.

Hey Mustang,

I notice your Greenwood scenery has "Greenwood" display when you activate landmarks in AF2. Was this landmark listing already in the sim, or did you figure out a crafty new way to add it? And if you did, how?

- Kenneth

It must have been in there OR it did something automatically.

We can't share photoimagery due to copyright (except USGS imagery). However in another thread an IPACS developer mentioned the idea of us sharing the files needed to automatically download/generate the aerial images. I'm hoping we can eventually do this along with sharing cultivation, though cultivation itself still has some way to go as the developers have kept saying. Early stages, but great progress.

Have a look at what I did with my CYZX 14 Wing Greenwood airport. I saved the FSET.ini file and the PartialFSEarthTiles.ini files and uploaded them with my airport. This has allowed people to 'easily' create the underlying ground textures themselves. Based on feedback, this seems to work quite well.

Thanks for the compliments

The buildings were done by me from Hires Photos I have of most if not all the buildings here. It is fairly easy to do manually when you have good photos. THe aurora I believe came from Sketchup and was converted. (I did a video tutorial on how to do that)

I only generate 13, 14. Perhaps I am doing it wrong myself but I get good results very quickly.

Excellent scenery!. Just finished to geoconvert the area of the airport and the views are gorgeus!. Congrats!.

One minor thing to report: the tower height is currently set to an altitude lower than the airport altitude (lower than 29m). I've changed the tower height to 50m in the .tsc file and now the tower view works Ok here. I don't know if changing the tower height to auto-true will also work (not tested).

Thanks for sharing your great scenery.

Cheers, Ed

Thanks, looking at Tower height now. I will fix it for next release.

It was a couple of weeks ago that I started.

I have created a bunch of video tutorials on my channel for doing almost everything you see here. I have a huge advantage with this airport as I live here and I have a bunch of very high res photos of all (or almost all) the buildings.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkDC3gSmks23oHgHanQm1gg

Here is a beta of my CYZX 14 Wing Greenwood Scenery.

Also included is an FSET.ini and work directory file. This should allow you to use FSET to download and process the Greenwood area from Goggle Earth to create the ground textures. After installation there will be an CYZX_Fset.rar file in the root directory of you scenery/places. Just unrar that file to the location of your FSET. Be sure an back up YOUR fset.ini first.

Edit- Download located in downloads section