Posts by PandaCheese

I got the game mainly for the VR experience and it has not disappointed. The immersion and just sheer mouth-gaping awesomeness are tough to beat. As a complete noob to realistic flight simulators I obviously have a lot to learn, having just gotten somewhat comfortable in the Cessna and using its autopilot. To that end I'm wondering what's the best way to learn about flying the bigger planes and in particular how to use their various systems?

There are many Youtube videos but most of them don't say much about how various simulated systems work. It's the same for most other forms of tutorials, which usually just tell you what buttons to push in which sequence without imparting much understanding on the mechanics of various systems. Obviously it takes years of training to go from a Cessna to an Airbus in the real world, but given that not every FS player has that background, what in your experience has helped in gaining more understanding on flying such complex aircraft, albeit in a simulation?