Posts by luisclement

I'm also a glider pilot and would love to see the winch back in the game and also a towing plane. I'm sort of waiting for vehicles that can interact with the aircraft and those are very likely to come since so many people want push back trucks. When that happens I'm also going to urge adding a towing plane and which back in or even program them myself. I do have a real world license to be towed by an aircraft and a winch so I hope I can get everything right.

Do you guys tow in the "normal" position behind the aircraft, above the propeller wash or do you tow in the low position underneath the propeller wash? What aircraft types do you have for towing in the real world?

Also for planning purposes: how long are your winch cables and how much horse power do you got? Steal or fiber?

And Luis, can you please specify what parameters of the thermals would like to see fixed?
    We had a similar thread in the past where I said we could maybe tweek the values for the diameter, spacing and strength.

Hello Jet-Pack, thanks for reaching out. for me I think the major issue first would probably be the diameter as it seems very small and dificult to center. On a second approach off course if they could be more linked to the Cumulus... anyway any steps towards more of the "Condor" approach would be great. Cheers!

Hello IPACS, you guys have done sucha great job so far! Just help us out a bit more on a few features for the gliding/soaring community out there. Flying with the OrbX scenery is great but if we could just have a quick fix on the Thermals would go a long way to start... I think many of us would be happy to support a kick starter for more on gliding options.

Cheers!:)