Posts by rairic

Would it be possible to show the actual visibility in Statute Miles and the cloud base in Feet instead of just the sliders in the next update?

Would be nice to be able to fine tune the weather to fly IFR approaches to minima

This is what I did in the gc-map config file in the documents folder, added a .5 to the Sign and it def feels better

<[tmchannelmap][element][28]

<[string8][FunctionID][ElevatorTrim]>

<[string8][InputID][Pov 0 Up]>

<[uint64][DeviceUniqueID][1468347801101187030]>

<[string8][DeviceIDString][HOTAS Cougar Joystick]>

<[bool][IsDigital][true]>

<[bool][IsValue][false]>

<[float64][Sign][1.5]>

<[float64][Direction][1]>

>

<[tmchannelmap][element][29]

<[string8][FunctionID][ElevatorTrim]>

<[string8][InputID][Pov 0 Down]>

<[bool][IsValue][false]>

<[float64][Sign][-1.5]>

>

After the latest major update the way scenery is loaded in game has changed and now the excellent custom streetlight scenery/ autogen (Salt Lake City, Las Vegas etc.) only pops in in its entirety when flying right over its center/reference point even on Ultra settings.

Before the update the dynamic was different with sections of the scenery loading in as soon as the edge of the LOD circle (30NM or so from the aircraft) reached its outer limit. IPACS streetlights (Denver, Aspen) pop in correctly in the distance.

The devs told us to edit the custom scenery folders, renaming them with coordinates, but that doesn't seem to help.

Am I missing something?

All done!!!

Thanks a lot Steve, you're a LEGEND! Having the ND range switches at my fingertips is a dream, no more immersion breaking mouse pointer and wheel BS.

Let me join you in asking for the devs to make the process a bit easier for the user, there is no excuse for something like this in a Simulator that heavily relies on VR.

Hey there, I desperately need help for a home cockpit I'm building.

I'm trying to map custom advanced controls to keyboard/ Joystick buttons instead of the mouse/ vr hands: stuff that's not in the basic gc-map.mcf config file, like the NAV display functions on the a320.

I found a controls.tmd config file in the a320 folder (Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\aircraft\a320) and it has the fuction I'm looking for:

<[control_cylinder][NavigationDisplayPilotRange][43]

<[string8][Type][knob]>

<[vector3_float64][R0][12.643865507 0.148 -0.1026279485]>

<[matrix3_float64][B0][0.965926 0 -0.258819 0 1 0 0.258819 0 0.965926]>

<[vector3_float64][Direction][ 0.965926 0.0 -0.258819 ]>

<[float64][StepAngle][0.45]>

<[control_message][OnRotate][]

<[string8][Message][NavigationDisplayPilot.Range]>

<[string8][Qualifiers][step]>

<[float64][Value][1.0]>

>

<[float64][Radius][0.01]>

<[float64][Length][0.015]>

>

I need to assign this function to a key press on my Hotas or keyboard insted of the mouse hover and wheel roll.

I tried to make a custom assignment in the gc-map.mcf config file (Documents\Aerofly FS 2):

<[tmchannelmap][element][77]

<[string8][FunctionID][NavigationDisplayPilotRange]>

<[string8][InputID][Button 28]>

<[bool][IsValue][false]>

<[float64][Sign][1]>

>

But when I load into the sim and I press the button nothing happens ;(. There has to be a way for sure, I just need someone smarter than me to figure it out. It would be a game-changer for home cockpit and VR enthusiasts.

Thank you for your time ;)

Hey guys

So first of all let me tell you that AFS2 in VR is just the bomb, so much better than MFS2020.

I just built a new sim rig for IFR and I mapped the MCP controls for selected heading, VS , course 1 and 2, NAV 1 and 2 to keyboard keys and it works great (if I hold the button down the value increases constantly) but for Selected Airspeed and Selected Altitude I have to keep mashing the button (the autorepeat isn't registered). Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Sorry about the title changes, I thought it would help as we're looking at a layered issue trying to get to the root of it.

I looked at the thread Thruster posted (Thanks buddy :thumbup:) and I can confirm that rolling back the drivers to the GeForce 442.74 release fixes the Vulkan issue on my system; so it does look to be related to the latest 445.87 drivers.

Can confirm, no error message but Vulkan is still broken in VR. On the other hand OpenGL seems to be working much better than before, I wasn't able to hold good performance @ 1.5 ss / Ultra without Vulkan before but now I can.

I FIXED IT !!!!

I deleted main.mcf in the documents/ Aerofly Fs2 folder and let the game rebuild a new one.

Still gives me the error but if I press "ok" everything works just fine.

What a relief :whistling:

Thanks for the help!

Might be useful to keep the thread up if anybody else has this issue, your call.

Yes I did, got quite the neck pain after :D. HMD is dead as disco, pitch black and no output.

I just tried to downgrade the game to the jan 30 executable (100% worked fine) via the Steam console with the:

download_depot 434030 434032 5110625937057247326 command...

the result is:

Depot download failed : Manifest not available

I can only download the latest manifest (may 6) with this procedure.

Can someone in the dev team share the Jan 30 exe?

thanks

So I logged into Steam today and i can't start AFS2 on my Oculus Rift DK2 anymore. I know it's old but It works fine with every other VR application (War Thunder, IL2...) and up until 3 months ago (last time I checked) it worked great with AFS2 (over 300 hrs on it).

if I Try to start it in Oculus VR I get the "AFS2 does not support your currently active headset" message, if I click "OK" the game starts in VR mode with Oculus Home but the Headset screen is dead. I can start it in Steam VR mode but the performance/ tracking is awful and it makes it unplayable.

Can somebody please help ? I'm heartbroken, first my airline career is destroyed by COVID19 and now I can't even fly my favorite flight sim :(

Maybe it's an update issue, is there a way to downgrade the game to a compatible version?

Thanks for taking the time <3

EDIT (May 7th):

I Fixed the issue by deleting the main.mcf config file in the Documents/ Aerofly FS2 folder.

I still get the error message but if I press "OK" it works perfectly fine! No need to downgrade. ^^

EDIT (May 16th):

Vulkan is causing the blackout issue on Oculus headsets.

The error message was fixed via steam update.

The sim works just fine in OpenGL mode, waiting for a Vulkan fix.

EDIT (May 17th):

The Vulkan issue seems to be related to the 445.87 GeForce drivers.

Rolling back to 442.74 fixes the issue at the moment but it's not a definitive solution.

Hey, I'm trying to find a way to map the MCP bugs to my keyboard and Yoke but there's no way to hold the buttons down to make the process less tedious. As of right now I need to hit the increase/ decrease heading bug button 179 times to turn around and that's just not cool at all. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hey guys, I just got a pro flight yoke and I'm trying to set up an amazing VR home simulator so that I can start my MCC/JOC with confidence!

I'm flying the 737 at the moment and I'm trying to do some IFR LVO flying. I gotta say the experience is amazing, pretty close to the 600k euros FNPT II I used a couple of weeks ago in training so hats off to the devs for the amazing job.

I got most of the stuff mapped to the yoke but the frequency/ course switching is a little bit of a pain so I came up with an idea: using my Impulse 25 MIDI keyboard (it has a bunch of knobs on it) to map all the bugs to. Problem is that I cannot figure out how to do it properly. I managed to get it to work in the sim but I can't configure the knobs to work with the autopilot. Maybe there's some tweaking to do in the config to make it behave like a wheel and not an axis?

Thanks a lot for your time and enjoy the flight!

I've been flying with LiveATC audio in the background via VLC lately and I gotta say it greatly improves immersion. It would be great if it could get implemented in the game, kinda like the online radio in Euro Truck 2, maybe with auto frequency switch en route :love:. What do you guys think?

I noticed a weird change in the throttle steps in the King Air after the last update. I looks like the throttle doesn't do anything in the first 50% travel of the axis. Looking at the throttle quadrant in the cockpit I noticed that what used to be 50% power is now Idle. This is kind of weird as now the rpm range compared to the axis motion is very crammed and it's really hard to get the right amount of thrust for any given flight stage that isn't touch down or takeoff. It would be nice to have "thrust reverse" and "ground fine" in this 50% range but now it's just a dead zone. Is there a way to offset the axis so that a 0% axis value equals a 50% (idle) throttle setting in game ?

Thanks