Posts by rudi0310

Hi,

in other words, e.g. what Jetjockey10 described also:

A real world pilot can not only turn his head, he also can move it up/down or left/right. To simplifiy things somewhat, I prefer a quick switch to outside view when something is hard to be seen from whithin cockpit. Also for enjoying landscape. I do not own a VR headset or TrackIR. What I do since many years: have a joystick key for cockpit view, have another key for outside view. In Prepar3D and Xplane11 , this is no problem. In Aerofly one can only switch to the last view used within category so far, when switching category. For example, his can show gear view instead of captain's seat view...

A fast and sufficient solution for me would be: To be able to assign a key to captain's view. Another key for outside view. That's all.

BTW, key commands for one default view per category offer to reach all other views when a joystick is used which can handle programmed key sequences, like the advanced models from Saitek(Logitech) and Thrustmaster can.

Cheers

Rudi

Hi icare38,

I use the Warthog and assigned many, but not all available keys. In preparation to future expansion, I have the free T.A.R.G.E.T software from Thrustmaster installed and use a so far empty TARGET profile. In this case, the Thrustmaster Warthog combo (stick and throttle) appears in Aerofly as "Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller". Again, for this config I assigned many buttons, they work.

I did a short test without a TARGET profile running. In this case, the combo appears as two units - "Joystick - Hotas Warthog" and "Throttle - Hotas Warthog". I assigned button 21 "L/G WRN" at the throttle to the gear in Aerofly. I was able to extend and retract the gear.

In the case that you have problems to assign buttons, you still have the opportunity to use a TARGET profile and assign virtual keyboard buttons there, e.g. the "G" key for the gear to button 21. When you press button 21, TARGET "presses" the "G" key for you then. Assign the "G" key then in Aerofly also (should be assigned by default).

I also used the X52 (not the pro) without profile so far, but do not own the X56.

Cheers

Rudi

No problem :)

I do not trust Saitek very much. This was the reason that I crosschecked with the Windows dialogue. There all seems OK, same is true in Prepar3D. Although there I have to use full brakes often. As a bush flyer with runway lengths down to 300 ft:

https://youtu.be/NncsawXh1XI

Centering the pedals is for sure the correct procedure, as indicated in the help. But you are right; is complicated in this case to hold at 50 % and does solve only partly.

No problem for me to wait now for one of the future updates.

Hello,

I fully agree that you bundle your manpower for the PC version. But let me clearly point out: I came via the Android version to the PC version. Looking for some good stuff for my smartphone for a short vacation first (btw, nr Wolfach), I was really impressed and decided to give the PC version a try when being back. Improving the Android Version might generate turnover for the PC version... At the Galaxy Tab S3 I also have the problem with disappearing landscape, like others mentioned.

Cheers

Rudi

Hello,

I use the Saitek rudder pedals, it is only possible to break hard, not to brake soft, even when only touching pedals very light. In the rudder pedal settings window of Aerofly I see that the horizontal bars showing to start at center, that means 50% of full brake?. The similar Windows 10 dialog shows that the pedals act as expected, starting at zero when only touched lightly. I have no problems with the pedals in Prepar3D v4. Changing sensitivity in Aerofly does not have a big effect, if at all. I prepared a video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_5NAm…iew?usp=sharing

The brakes in general seem to act a little hard. E.g. at LOWI I measured a brake distance of 750 ft from 110 KIAS to 0 for the Dash8, and 1100 ft from 100 KIAS to 0 for the A320. Both tests with full brake applied. But this is not a big issue for me. I installed the update from yesterday and used this for my tests and the video.

Cheers

Rudi