Posts by BelGeode

Interesting. Yeah right now brakes are my biggest bugbear on the aircraft. It is not so much an issue in the Hornet or Eagle, but Cessna, P-38, Corsair all seem to be an experience to get to stop without causing calamity.

I still say some kind of "parking brake" might be a good idea for the WWII models, even if it is fudged and visual wheel chock models appear.

I have yet to get the updated mod, but I want to express thanks in advance.

I think this platform can take the lead, especially with VR as the major selling point for it. Right now that is the thing that has been implemented in a far superior way than anyone else. (These aircraft are pretty sweet too, as is the scenery).

I'll check in after I have sat and had a chat with Pamela in the Cessna.

At least in FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv3.x you cannot fly at all (OOM's). Haven't tried in FSW and P3Dv4.1 yet, but I think they will not be better and fluid as the AFS2's version.

Cheers, Ed

I cannot speak for P3DV4 but FSW is definitely not smoother than Aerofly. Eventually they might be, but not at this stage.

Drzewiecki's NYC in X-Plane 11 is actually my favorite, but with that being said, Aerofly's rendition of Central Park and the surrounding airports is pretty impressive. I cannot fly NYC in FSX... that's a death sentence for the sim. (Sad part is my computer is no slouch.)

And of course, Aerosoft has just announced their own new sim. Seems this is the year of the sim! Kind of wild. This year also seems to mark the return of the limited area sim, which was once (only a year or so ago) nearly unthinkable.

Yeah they had told me previously that it was something they were working on. I am just in awe at what is going on now in the simming universe!

In addition to Aerofly, I also do X-Plane, FSX, DCS, and War Thunder in VR... Aerofly is the most beautiful, but it NEEDS the clouds that War Thunder has, which is the second most beautiful.

I think those clouds are TrueSKY, which is the same thing FSW is using, though FSW has not even entertained the thought of VR. The sim that gets all these pieces together will pull ahead in the VR community. Right now I have to say that Aerofly is doing it right for the most part.

Hi guys, I can confirm this happening to me as well. This seems to be a new thing, because when I recorded a video with the Cessna (two of them) on October 22, both the default Cessna AND the Cold and Dark modded Cessna were fine. Tonight, I went to record new video, and I have this issue.

It occurs whether or not you press the brakes, or activate parking brakes. That one strut jitters then pops right off. It pops off even quicker on the modded Cessna, than on the default. It's rather hilarious, but will not really help me get to my destination.

I tried both versions of the Cessna, several times, and did a reboot of my computer. Issue was replicated, unfortunately. It appears that only the Cessna is affected.

Here is a private video for you to peruse. This one will NOT be made public.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I am creating a thread to host the continuing Aerofly series, since it is clear to me that I am hooked, and so far YouTube seems to like my flights.

I will update this post each week as I add episodes. Thanks again to HighFlyer1 for sharing my previous weeks' videos!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update- July 19, 2018

Aerofly Friday is back! Sorry for the huge delay as life took a chunk out of me, and hasn't seen fit to give me the time back yet. We're over Chicago today in the Corsair to debut the new Vulkan improved Aerofly. (Spoiler alert- I LOVE IT)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Update- January 27, 2018

Switzerland Part 2. With huge thanks to TomB, I took a closer look at the swiss countryside, in some cases at Mach 1.

Update- January 12, 2018

Switzerland!!! I wanted to fly the learjet from Zurich to Geneva. So here we go. I noticed something a little distressing on the scenery though, which I have to call out.

Update- December 22,2017 (Xmas)

In tonight's episode, it is massive props to our own drhotwing1 (IPACS) as we check out the Florida Keys on an aerial walk down memory lane.

Update- December 15, 2017 (Star Wars release day)

Tonight we took the King Air from Aspen to Denver. Time to check out the cultivation and buildings.

Update- November 25, 2017 (special episode)

This episode shows off the Beucker Jungmeister, and explains to the viewers why yesterday's episode is now obsolete.

Update- November 24, 2017 (day after Thanksgiving)

Pam and I go flying in the cold and dark modded Cessna around New York.

***NOTE- This was recorded before the update yesterday. I have an update video coming tomorrow as well, to address the changes***

Update- November 17. 2017 (day before MY birthday)

This is the episode I had intended last week, before the news about Colorado broke. We are flying the Corsair from Monument Valley to Page municipal Airport.

Update- November 10, 2017 (Marine Corps Birthday)

My first look at Colorado, we are flying from Telluride to Aspen.

Beginning with the Episode for November 3, 2017- F/A-18C Hornet: Area 51.

(I cannot believe I missed the huge crashed UFO in this...)

What jetjockey said is spot on lol! Yeah it will be an experience to remember. The very first time I went up in a Cessna, I had not mentioned my simming experience at all, but the instructor let me have some yoke time. He turned to me and said, wow you are a natural.

That was when I told him I have been simming for years. It opened his eyes that maybe simming isn't such a bad thing after all. I hope the same experience for you.

I've not noticed that first glitch you stated, but one of my viewers taught me how to fix the second...

Nose Wheel steering gain is changed with the "Autopilot Deactivate" key on the ground. You'll want to bind it to something handy.

I just started recently too, and really enjoying it!

Cheers!!