Posts by BelGeode

Last night's adventure in the Corsair, cruising the coastline north of San Fran

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/6477/

Because I was inverted...

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/6478/

Heading to Shelter Cove

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/6479/

I love little communities like this. Definitely needs some people milling about though. That has to be a spotters paradise I bet.

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/6480/

Arcata? Arcada? I forgot the name of this place. All I know is it was a last minute decision to land.

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/6481/

Dirty configuration, ready to bring her in.

Hi Jet-Pack.

I got the mod last night, and I LOVE IT!

I did have a couple questions that I did not see answered above:

1- NAV/GPS. I tested the button for that, and activated NAV HOLD On the autopilot, however unlike aircraft like the beeches, dash, etc... it did not follow the flight plan that appears on the moving map. Is that the current state of the mod, or did I miss a step somewhere? Also related, the buttons on the moving map appear to be clickable but have no functions assigned to them.

I think we know what this is leading up to... some form of GPS (G1000 on steroids maybe?) That moving map is just begging to be utilitzed more in all aircraft that have it, especially the military jets.

2- Is there currently a way to inject sounds for actions such as door open/close, and engine start/stop? Not sure if the sim even has those recorded.

and finally-

3- Did you model anything to do with the cylinder head temps? I sat there waiting to see the temp coming up after start, and noticed it was still at zero till I gave her some throttle and started moving.

Seconding the motion on the E bracket. Although the AOA indexer can be seen in somewhat peripheral vision, the E on the Hud is a dead giveaway when trapping.

Although truth be told, on the Hornet, I would rather see multiple MFD screen options. Plenty of time for that later though.

Thankfully, I am no stranger to modding things. (I better not say that too loud in this crowd, lest the devs send me a job application...)

Given enough time I could experiment with things and see what I can find out. So far since "discovering" Pamela in the cockpit, I figured out how to make it so that the default Cessna has Patricia piloting, and the cold and dark one (the one I prefer to use) can be shared with Pamela.

She's now my official "Otto Pilot", only much better looking.

I still say, throw it in the suggestion box t o make the next female pilot/copilot model a redhead. Hahaha!

As with all things, no rush, I totally get the concept of priorities. I am just glad I found a new addiction to sink my time into (the sim, not Pamela).

Exactly my point. Luckily over the FS9, FSX years, I have been no stranger to photoshopping things. I have noticed of late that some developers are starting to broaden their character model base, but I expect it is something most don't really consider when making aircraft. I cannot begrudge anyone for making someone who looks like them, as i might be inclined to do the same thing.

I also noticed some animated people at an airport in Utah. That blew my mind. While in VR I practically expected Pamela to talk to me, seeing this couple talking (only thing missing was audio) was pretty impressive. I need more of this somehow. That got my mind thinking crazy... avatars, multiplayer, voice from the models... possible youtube tour series (after I complete the FSX one)....

The boundaries are so limitless with this sim.

For now though, I will settle for having a redheaded co-pilot. Is there a way to put Pamela in the copilot seat, so I am not flying alone in VR?

(I know this is an old post, and from April Fool's Day this year, no less but...)

That's actually an awesome idea...

I'll take my female pilots redheaded please.

It would be nice to be able to make a model in say poser or DAZ3D, then be able to import them in as a pilot.

Heck I am always interested in having myself depicted in the cockpit, especially since darker skinned pilots are a rarity in the virtual world.

For now, I will let Pamela take the left seat in the Cessna, and I will fly from the right.

Hi guys.

For the videos that I have been making (starting from the second one), I have been using OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) 64 bit. It will allow you to take the full screen of Aerofly FS2 (which I discovered can be set to show a regular monitor view, while simultaneously giving you your VR view).

No need to mess with the Oculus mirror, or anything like that. If you have an nVidia card (I have Radeon), Shadowplay should be able to directly record from the sim as well.

OBS is free and updated often. Let me know if you need any tips and tricks for setting it up and getting it running smoothly.

HiFlyer, thanks for the mention!