Posts by chrispriv

Hi,
    Difficult to figure out with so less information.

At first view, I notice that you are talking about an AIC file. But the newer geoconvert versions need an AID file or you have to use the *.tfw-file as a base (*.aid will be generated by geoconvert) . Maybe this is the cause.

Syntax of the corresponding AID-File: b_16_stich_1_1.aid

<[file][][]

<[tm_aerial_image_definition][][]

<[string8][image][b_16_stitch_1_1.png]>

<[string8][mask][]>

<[vector2_float64][steps_per_pixel][2.14576721191406e-05 -1.48500384806035e-05]>

<[vector2_float64][top_left][7.03125 46.2672402038251]>

<[string8][coordinate_system][lonlat]>

<[bool][flip_vertical][false]>

>

>

In principle, it is much easier to use Aeroscenery to create your own photo scenery:

nickhod
    February 26, 2019 at 1:26 PM

Latest version/MOD:

Aeroscenery v1.1.3 MOD with Enhancements by @chrispriv

Geoportal (Switzerland) does not work as a source anymore, I will fix it with the upload of my next MOD (works allready for me).

For LOWI (Innsbruck) I found a WorkAround (instructions for action at your own risk):

paste the ORBX folder "Innsbruck" from the ORBX directory "places" into the user directory and rename it:
    /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/scenery/airports/eu/at/lowi__innsbruck__orbx
    rename the ORBX file "innsbruck.tsc" to "lowi.tsc
    duplicate the renamed file "lowi.tsc" to "lowi.wad".

=> That's it.

Only a small hint for the last resp. 3rd step of your tutorial:

It is better to create a copy of IPACS original WAD file from scenery/airport/ directory instead of renaming the copy of TSC file.

This way the runway will be displayed correctly on the map and the runway start positions will also work. It also works properly for ORBX LSGK Saanen.

Otherwise your temporary workaround works very well, many thanks!

Comment: Still waiting for progress from IPACS with their new Airport Designer and at least first information/specifications for developers, this regardless of the completion of their tool and especially regarding the cultivation with buildings. "Don't break our simulator" means that we should get informations. Otherwise, we can not be criticized/blamed for what we are doing here.

Have you already tried it by emailing instead of a private message: Phil Hulme (Spit40) admin@fscloudport.com

FSCloudPort airfields unfortunately only work for FS2 due to the rotation resp. orientation of runways, which is no longer supported for FS4. Nevertheless, XREF objects such as hangars and static aircraft will probably continue to be usable via the TOC file in future.

ArcGIS is back and working again on Aeroscenery. :!:

There are also some more modifications and enhancements (available on flight-sim.org) :
    Aeroscenery v1.1.3 MOD f with Enhancements

Note for using ArcGIS

To avoid missing tiles it is recommended to set the parameters for "Waiting Between Downloads" and "randomize +/-" to at least the following values (this also improves reliability using other sources):

If you still have issues there are several workarounds:

a) Increase the values in Settings up to "30 / 10"

b) Redownload the tiles and then stitch the image tiles again (using the MOD, now only missing tiles would be downloaded)

c) The fastest and most realible way to download missing tiles is to run the provided PowerShell PS1 script and stitch the image tiles again

Should be ready to take a look at it, I already forked nickhoods Github repo, do you have your custom version of github too?

I suggest that we continue with a private conversation, will open one.

No, I don't have my custom version on GitHub. I will share it with you as a zip file, but it will take me about a week to finish it.

Yes I think it would be great fun to collaborate on this, have done quite a lot C# programming the past years 😀 UI improvements and then update and add new data sources etc. Will take a look at the github project and code.

Then I look forward to the exchange with you. You probably have much more experience in programming than I do. Also, it's good to know that regarding the the continuity of the further maintenance of Aeroscenery there is another person resp. backup.

Let me know when you're ready. Then I'll be happy to share with you my updated Visual Studio project folder.

It is strongly desirable to get access to ArcGiS again. :thumbup:

ArcGis does not like the asynchronous parallel download since the switch to a secured HTTPS server, it still sometimes has certain missing tiles.

There will be three workarounds to handle the issue easily.

Think I can do the upload of my MOD by the end of this month on flight-sim.org along with some more enhancements.

But still hope to get in contact with the author of this great App before then.

Hello aenbacka,

That would be great if you also had time to take a look at the AeroScenery app. First have a look at the C# program code on GitHub of the inital version 1.1.3 DEVL from nickhod.

If you decide to make further improvements, then it is important that we talk to each other resp. that you work on my modified version. Otherwise, we will have different versions that are not compatible with each other.

In this context I tried to contact nickhod, but could not reach him until now.

Question to the community: Does anyone have his contact details resp. e-mail address?

chrispriv :

Bekommst Du die Schiffs-Objekte konvertiert?

Wenn es darum geht einzelne Objekte zu konvertieren, welche auf FS4 als POI oder vermutlich auch im Rahmen eines Airports-Projektes verwendet werden können, dann hatte ich meist auch mit sehr komplexen Objekten Erfolg.

Wo hingegen der Work-around auf FS4 bzw. die Info's dazu seitens IPAC's immer noch fehlt ist bei der repetitiven Plazierung von Objekten wie z.B. bei einem Bootshafen mit all den parkierten Booten, diese teils auch ausserhalb des Hafens auf See.

So wie ich es sehe hat es aber bei den beiden Flugplatz-Projekte keine Boote und decken diese bereits Gebiete mit einer Cultivation auf FS4 ab. ;)

Was es hingegen dann für eine Umsetzung auf FS4 zwingend noch braucht sind Spezifikationen/ Information seitens IPACS, wie "Exclusions" gemacht werden, dies a) entweder für einen ganzen Default-Airport oder b) einzig den Default-Objekten unter Beibehaltung des Runways u.a. oder c) wenn es keinen Flugplatz hat der neuen Cultivation mit den Buildings sowie Trees auf dem Flugplatzgelände.

Cheers,

Christophe

Hallo Jens,

Dazu müssten wir zuerst über das neue Airport SDK für FS4 verfügen.

Wenn es darum geht Objekte für die Verwendung auf FS4 zu konvertieren, da habe ich schon relativ viel Übung darin und kann da gerne unterstützen.

Beste Grüsse

Christophe

higgy:

Wenn ich die Konvertierung der Objekte angehe kann ich diese wenn erwünscht auch gleich für die Verwendung in MSFS im richtigen Format aufbereiten.

Good news:

ArcGiS will soon be available again as an image source for Aerofly. Was able to modify the app so that it will work with the new HTTPS server. Some test users still have few missing tiles resp. holes, trying to improve this before sharing my MOD. For other users it already works properly.

is mapbox a viable solution?

Also I achieved to implement Mapbox as an additional image source:

You have to register to get an acess token. 170'000 image tiles seams to be free, which is a lot.

Thank you for your reply. Enclosed as requested some examples, how the orientation is used as very often in the existing freeware and partly also commercial sceneries of FS2:

A) Airport project with all its objects

- Ground, Rwy & Decals of all Airports based resp. (automatic) generated on fscloudport.com (with exception of the XREF-objects)

- Add. non XREF-objects like hangars, towers, houses etc. alligned with the runway (as it is the case e.g. for the commercial Lukla Scenery)

- Add. placement and orientation of (generic) Helipads at Heliports

B) Single objects (corresponding to the new POI's)

- some objects concerned like large ships, some special buildings, bridges (other objects may already have the correct orientation)

- Note: some objects like huts in the mountain also have a ground-integration resp. adapted (seems not to be supported anymore too)

C) Placement of repetitive smaller objects

- most objects (automatic) placed and rotated using “ObjectGen” like:
    Boats and piers, powerlines, lift-stations and -pylons, passenger bridges and other non XREf airport-objects, cell towers, special vehicles, camping ground, trains and much more (f.e. rocks and tents of the base camps of the commercial Lukla Scenery)

Since POIs are unique buildings they should be modeled in the correct orientation and there is no need for an additional parameter to rotate them.

Exactly the missing support of the 'orientation' on FS4 makes the biggest part of the missing compatibility with FS2 sceneries, respectively makes it in practice nearly impossible to transfer sceneries from FS2 to FS4. This applies to both, professional sceneries and most of freeware sceneries!

For example, in the great "Lukla Mount Everst" add-on from Aerosoft, practically all objects (airport, ground and area, but also many objects like rocks, tents of the base camps etc.) are rotated without exception.

Aerosoft would have to realign and recompile several hundred objects, which they certainly won't do. With the possibility of the orientation it would be a relatively small effort to adapt this fantastic scenery for FS4, without this possibility simply not feasible, like for many freeware sceneries.

So I hope that at least for airports and all their objects the rotation resp. orientation will be supported furthermore on FS4.

@Question: Is it the case?

Thx Jan,

Just tried it out to place xref objects within the cultivation and it still seams to work.

This may be an approach even if not optimal at all for the reasons mentioned above. Anyway pleasing. :thumbup:

Would it neverless be possible to get an example of how the new definition/syntax for the buildings looks like with new building types, even if the SDK will then be released later?

Regards,
    Christophe

Thank you for your clarification. I think we are already talking about the same things here and do not mix topics.

Regarding my first part of the request, I see that you added lights locally for an individual and unique point of interest buildings (POIs) and your new compiler seem also to support the implementing of some addition trees and builds (but not any XREF objects) to the POI.

Regarding the orientation parameter, which is as you write is not supported for POI's, we just asked you what than will be the work around resp. solution, how to solve this.

1) Individual and unique point of interest buildings (POIs), like the Statue of Liberty or the Eiffel tower or the Golden Gate bridge - now can be created with SDK
    2) Scenery cultivation = widespread buildings, towers, trees, powerlines, windturbines, etc. - not yet included in SDK

3) Xref objects and buildings which are part of an airport - not yet included in SDK

Since POIs are unique buildings they should be modeled in the correct orientation and there is no need for an additional parameter to rotate them.

When you write in your answer, that XREF objects can only be used in the context of Airports and not also for Cultivation and also individual models may only be used for single-objects as POI's, it obviously an unfortunatly means that you probably have no solution for this need on FS4. :(

If I understand it correctly, the idea is that I create a local object that occurs several times (e.g. a cruise ship)

- only once in XREF (preferably in north direction) and then

- and then want to vary the position and orientation at the respective positions (e.g. Pier1: 030°, Pier5: 270°).

The second option seems impractical and unfeasible to me because of the immense effort. This would mean that I would have to create 360 separted models of each repetitively used object depending on the orientation and compile them individually (e.g. boat01_000, boat01_002, boat01_003 ... and the same for boat02 etc.).

The first approach to create own user XREF libraries for all recurrently used single objects would be a big effort as well. This would also lead to an extensive and uncontrolled "jungle" of XREF user libraries, which are also very difficult to handle by the users of scenrey (which xref library is needed for which scenery?). I am also not sure if this would be in the sense of IPACS (some libraries als may have some bugs ...).

admin: For this reasons it seems to us meaningful and very important for us as freeware-scenery devlopers, if you would able to support the 'orientation' parameter again. Thank you very much!

Just take the two example POI's TSCs from our SDK https://www.aerofly.com/developers/scenery-sdk/

admin: Can you please also give us an example of a *.tmc file that allows to add locally a small cultivation to a POI (trees, new buildings), similar to what you did with the example of the tacoma_narrows_bridge with the lights.

I have noticed that there are only minor changes for the definition of lights and trees, but there are major changes for the houses (new defintions and changes about the texture-folder) and also there are two new types of building ("shaped" and "complex"). The two new house types are very recognizable in your cultivation.

Your completely new cultivation system for larger coverages is then another topic. There is no *.tsc-file anymore and everything has to be recompiled and organized resp. stored on 11-tiles-level using the correct naming convention for the identification (instead of the coordinates of the ancient *.tsc-file). This is my current insight to this. Correct?

Everything looks normal to me with your script. I think it has to do with the data consistency of your osm file.

Questions:

- Do you have the issue also with other osm files from another area?

- Do you have some lights generated in your *.toc file anyway?

If you have some generated lights and no issues for other areas, i think you may ignore the error-messages.

The cause which I assume is that corresponding osm data file contains roads with only a single point instead of a line/vector.

Else I have no idee too.