Posts by chrispriv

I also don't think that my cultivation (including the “The Alps” cultivation) and the ORBX cultivation can be used together at the same time, because the area coverage of ORBX differs from the grid system of FS2. So even deleting some areas you still will have probably overlays and missing areas on the over hand.

What is easy to do an I reccomend is to switch between the two cultivations (you dont have to delete them):
    Just rename the cultivation-folder with two underscores from "orbx_switzerland_cultivation" to "__orbx_switzerland_cultivation" to deactivate it. Proceed in reverse way to deactivate my cultivation.

New cultivation for Central & North part of Switzerland with enhanced special cultivation is available on flight-sim.org.

There is a lot to discover!

Town enhancements:

Additional small glider airports with additional small glider airports with grass runway:

Heli-landing places on hospital roofs and the stunning Mt. Mythen:

Al lot of POI's and special cultivation:

Mountain lifts in mountain areas:

And much more ... ;)

In principle it is possible to manipulate the ground of Arofly FS2 based on a Sketchup model. I'v done it several time, but just for smaller grounds/models.

But I have never tried this with this large dimension as your models. Also, only a level up of the simulator ground will work (never level down in relation of the mesh).

First you would have to become familiar with MCX to make an object/model like f.e. a cube visible in FS2, this before being able to integrate a ground mesh-modell into the ground-mesh of FS2 (so first follow the instructions of ZoSoChile) for convertations of 3D models). Photo-images for an area are done on a different way, using the AeroSenery f.e..

The photo-detection method especially gives an oportunity, where the OSM data are very poor regarding the vegetation.

What I am working on resp. what I am developing is a simple console app for use on MS Windows without a GUI (similar to "ObjectGen").

It works on the base of downloads done with AeroScenery at zoom level 16 with a resolution of 2.389 meters/pixels (actually I only support this level because at this resolution the photo-detection works optimal).

Even though there is no GUI, the handling is hold very simple. You just would have to copy all *.aero and *.png-files of your AeroScenery "16-stiched"-download-folder into the "...\in\"-folder of my app and execute the app. *.tsc- and *.toc-files are generatet and saved in the "..\out\"-folder. There is a possibility of batch processing of all stiched images within a folder and also to change in the config-file e.g. the density and trees-mix.

Also with photodetection you will get trees in many unwanted places - including lakes. Therefore it is recommended to either mask the images using the ereaser (with alpha channel) or simply colorize the unwanted areas in the color blue, red or white before converting, it's your choise.

Even I never tried it out, the placing of trees with your "forest orthophotos" (see your illustration) should work in principle at zoom level 13, this just only without distinction of trees and small trees resp. bushes (... and you shoud use a darker green for this cause light green is considered to be fields/grass).

To try it out you would have to send me your "forest orthophoto".png together with the GEO-coordinates, preferably within the corresponding *.aero-file at zoom level 16 from AeroScenery via direct contact.

Had a look on it - there are two bugs in your *.toc file.

a) Missing opening-sign "<" for "[string8]"-definition of first tree:

b) Closing of [xref_list] ">" with all your airport-objects much to early, before the first object is listed:

Fixed the *.toc-file that should work now: EDSB_fixed.zip

Have tried it out for myself and your airport looks good so far:

You are closing the [plant_list] wrongly already after the first tree-element much to early and then also after each further tree-element serevral time (pay attention to the vertical lines in your editor like notepad++). This is the reason that only the first tree appears and then no more.

In my opinion, the correct solution that should work looks like this:

I trying many things with < and > but nothing works.

I have a question. Can I Upload the toc-file, here in the forum and somebody can tell me the problem?

Does it work for you now?

If not then Yes please upload your toc-file as zip-file in the forum. This would be probably more efficient than exchanging sceenshots. ;)

Do you always close the [list_plant]-section and the individual [plant]-elements as well properly resp. allways have the same numbers of "<" and ">"-signs?

If you make a mistake when copying the trees, FS2 will abort, which will cause the missing buildings and objects listed afterwards in your *.toc-file (ohne missing ">"-sign or one ">"-sign too much may cause this).

Before getting started with special-vegetation, it is important to first familiarize yourself with how it works with special XREF-trees, cause it works different to the user sceneries.

Unlike a user scenery, the installation is not done in the user "addons" folder but in the user "scenery" folder. What makes the installation a bit more difficult is the fact that a "plant" folder in the user "scenery" folder is not complementary but replaces all trees completely. Also, basically all sceneries are affected.

Important

• For this reason the user has to make first a copy of his "plant" folder from the "scenery" folder of his original installation into his user “scenery” folder (not to be mistaken with the “addons\scenery”-folder!), so that the trees are being kept for all sceneries. Only then the special XREF-trees should be copied into the user scenery plant folder.
    • Please note that if the plant directory is empty, not only all are trees missing, but Aerofly FS2 will crash unless there is at least one XREF tree file of each default tree type ([broadleaf], [conifer], [palm] & [shrub]) in the "plant"-folder. If it has only one tree model each, just the diversity in the vegetation is missing, but FS2 works otherwise.
    • If there are problems or you don't want to use additional vegetation - and this is the good news - then all you need to do is to delete the User-Scenery-Plant folder or disable it by renaming it. So everything will be as before.
    • And please never install the extra vegetation in the original installation folder of FS2 due to the integrity of the installation!

One more preview

Hope that these explanations are clear for you so far.

A more detailed description of the installation will be added together with the Upload of the special XREF-trees library very soon.

Kindest regards,

Christophe

and look to see if any vertices are overlapping the outside mesh.

I agree, that in my opinion it may be caused by an overlapping of the mesh with the taxiways and runways, if not cutted correctly.

But it's also possible that your airprort-ground model is not flat resp. the elements are shifted in height after the cut using the method of ryansmei.

Check this too and, if necessary, set all elements to height and position zero.

I removed default trees from the area of Deep Creek because they were all wrong. I'd like to see what you've come up with. There aren't a lot of trees in the Deep Creak area IRL. Mostly just shrubs and tumbleweed.

In other areas, default trees are completely missing, like most of the North area. And especially around McCall. If you have a way to easily add trees, I'd appreciate that very much.

For Deep Creek I only set shrubs and no trees.

I am working with photodetection of the trees and trying for various types of landscapes for devlopement. Certain areas, such as the mountains and valleys, work very well. Where photodetection has its limitations is in distinguishing a forest from lakes and rivers with dark green water (the same goes for the dark green circular fields). Masking the waters on a photo basis is much more efficient than cleaning them up afterwards.

McCall is very difficult in on this point of view and required a lot of effort. But it looks pretty good now:

I have already been flying for a few hours in the eastern mountains, following the valleys with the rivers or roads in low-level flight, which is a lot of fun in VR with the trees.

I will send you a to the extra trees if you want to test them. The coverage of the area is already quite large and includes about 8 level9-tiles. But I won't work on it any further for the time being.

Look forward to your feedback then!

Christophe

It would be interesting if other members have similar experiences.

I also had major problems with the download on the weekend. After several attempts and interruptions I managed to download the scenery at least up to level 13. I had to abort level 14 after several attempts.

Today, on the other hand, it worked without any problems right away. Probably the problem is when too many people access it at the same time.

The best way to experience Deep Creek is in a helicopter. Down low.

Now I'm happy and was able to make my first flights with level 14 in this huge area, among other flights also following the Depp Creek Canyon. The canyon is very long and doesn't want to end. So I got a bit of motion sickness ... ;)

There is so much to discover. At this point, many thanks to you K9NSP for your great work!

I also started to implement trees and enhanced bushes for certain areas, makes flying with the helicopter near ground much more fun that way. Will share them with you if you like.

Kindest regards,

Christophe

Welcome to Mount Isa, another destination in Australia.

It came into existence because of the vast mineral deposits found in the area. It is the administrative, commercial and industrial centre for the state's vast north-western region.

The photo-scenery with cultivation is now available on flight-sim.org.

*** SPECIAL VEGETATION FOR THIS AREA IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION ***

Preview