Posts by chrispriv

Unfortunately, the default trees of FS2 don't really fit into the landscape of the Australian outback.

For this reason I have tried to create special User-XREF-trees which fit better into the landscape based on texture templates resp. free tree-models from 3DWarehouse.

This may looks like this:

Due to the poor OSM data, the trees have to be placed manually. For this reason, I only plan to implement this for individual areas and only around the airports.

The following additional sceneries for Australia are in preparation:

- Mount Isa Mining Town (2 tiles)

- Darwin West-extension of the scenery by IJ0BUZ (12 additional tiles)

- Ayer Rock Extended (covering 9 tiles)

I will first upload these without the trees, but only as a photo scenery.

Do you like it?

If there is enough interest from the community I will try to share these special trees. The installation in the user-folder will not be that easy, this is more for experienced users or if the instructions are followed exactly.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Christophe

Flying around Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru in Tanzania, the roof of Africa. The view is stunning!

We already have a lot of areas. Time to do something in Africa. Here it is the first scenery in Tansania, available on flight-sim.org (cultivation still under construction, will follow soon).

Just with photo-scenery:

Preview with trees:

Preview with buildings & trees:

Enjoy! :)

Christophe

Many thanks Colin, for this another great aiport with animations!

Thank you for this added airport but I miss the surrounding Algarve-scenery in acceptable resolution, is anyone willing to make image-files in at least ZL12 ?

Work is in progess. I'm doing the Algarve-scenery with ZL16 and a resolution of 2.4m (level 13) and a bit higher with 1.2m (level 14) for the area around the airport.

Will share it soon on flight-sim.org.

Christophe

Many thanks Jake for this phantastic and very detailled scenery! :love::thumbup:

Could do first exploring flights yesterday evening on the area and test my new next gen HTC Vive Pro 2 VR glasses.

Runs very smoothly even at high resolution and without RTX 3080. Only with the animations I had to reduce the resolution a little bit from ultra to high.

Hello Heideflieger,

Unfortunately, the different cultivations are not compatible and can not be combined with each other, because they have as you noticed different coverages at the level of the tiles. With the exception of the older cultivation by drassaud, these are also not editable resp. can't be adapted if necessary, which is a big disadvantage. Further only the cultivation of IZ0JUB has integrated the trees on base of OSM data, but this unfortunately not separated. And then there is an overlay with the vegetation from the Swiss DLC, causing performance issues due to double definition.

Also it also has many conflicts with current and future special cultivation (e.g. Swiss huts by drassaud, my "Croix de coers"-alpine scenery near Verbier or future scenery like Sion or Zermatt Heli, apezial cultivation for Bern etc.). This is the reason that I often can not share my work, cause it wouldn't work for most users. Therefore, there is no alternative for me at the moment than the one from drassaud, cause it is not compressed and can be adapted.

On the other hand, the new cultivation of IZ0JUB is very nice, I wish it also covering the whole of Switzerland, but this editable and with the trees separated (and an exclusion if the default vegetation of the Swiss DLC). Also, the new cultivation must be constantly maintained and be adjusted if necessary.

Finally, the cultivation for Switzerland would have to be completely redone from scratch, this with the same look and feel as the new Swiss Alps cultivation.

Currently I do not have the capacity to implement this completely, is very very much work behind it. Just started with the first tiles and got in touch with IZ0JUB /Michael, but would need support from other user for editing to be able to engage this project and to get finished some time in the future.

Best regards,

Christophe

Hello Jean-Paul,

For me, it still works very well. I have tried it both, with a new and an older airport.

I'm still able to change the tower model and choose different objects models resp. to change it.

Have you tried it with different Browsers? Maybe a firewall- resp. security- setting?

Best regards,

Christophe

Hello Marco,

Big compliments from my part! :thumbup:

Really great how you did the smooth transitions with the colour adjustments to DLC Switzerland from IPACS.

I was able to take my first flights in the boarder area. Just no way to figure out if I'm flying the Swiss DLC or your scenery. :/

For this reason, I have taken a closer look at what you have effectively achieved, also to make it visible to other users.

So you masked each image of the othos along the Swiss DLC boundary in very detailed manner by following the mountain ridges, glacier tongues and valleys:

Boarder of Swiss DLC (with bad resp. missing texture - near Cervinia at the Italian side of the Matterhorn)

Your Alps-Scenery (masked on the italian side of the boarder)

The result with both scenery merged - to enjoy!

... and the same process with masking along motorways, roads, rivers etc. to make this great transition (circled is even a cut-out motorway bridge!):

Boarder of Swiss DLC (with bad resp. missing texture)

Your Alps-Scenery (masked)

The result with both scenery merged - to enjoy!

A very huge job with a great scenery for our community as result - many Thanks! :love:  :thumbup:

I'm looking foreward for your Austria-Extension!

Christophe