Posts by chrispriv

I agree with the above comment, amazing

Is everything really that uniform ??? if so, I guess that's why they call them blocks

The cultivation and also most part of the skyliners of the city are based on OSM data, which are very rich for the city of Vancouver, just converted with ScenProc.

I only replaced some skylines with adapted objects from 3DWarehouse, which makes the scene more attractive and real.

The shape of the single-level houses seems to vary a little more in reality, but are nevertheless geometrically arranged over a very large area in Vancouver (View from Google Earth):

Anyway, it looks great flying in VR on FS2!

Welcome to LSZN Hausen am Albis, another nice destination in Switzerland. Hausen am Albis (ICAO code: LSZN) is a small airport located in the south-east of Zürich. Hausen am Albis is a good departure point for a flight to Central Switzerland or a VFR flight to the airport of LSZH Zürich-Kloten.

Preview (using a photo-texture from Bing):

There is small scenery includes around the “Albis”-mountain chain with the idyllic “lake Türler” and also a adapted trees-replacement of IPAC’s default-vegetation.

Let me surprise you.

If possible, I will do the upload flight-sim.org tomorrow.

Regards,

Christophe

Creating own custom XREFs libraries is quite easy too : just superpose all 3D objects of your library in a single TGI file and compile as XREF.

Perhaps it's better to define all your objects as XREFs, you can even scale them (water towers, helipads are good examples)

This approach seems very interesting to me. But, how can I compile a TGI file as XREF-library (do you have an example of a *.tsc file for the "content converter" of IPACS)?

And do the XREF objects also work if they have multiple textures?

Regards,

Christophe

Christophe,

How about your team doing similar makeover for your LFLJ Courchevel airport? That might be a dazzling area for this type of treatment. You gotta love that super short runway with the 18 deg grade. Not too many buildings, but a gorgeous scenic area.

In principle a good idea and it looks great the preview!

I have this on my to-do list for later. On the part of the freeware vf-air.com, where I have an authorization for implementation and publication, there are simple versions of the four French Altiports Megève, Alpe d'Huez, Meribel & Courchevel. But the creation of the Airport-grounds on AC3D will be very challenging. It would be faster, even if it's not perfect, to combine the existing runways from fscloudport with the objects of the freeware.

For the time being there are more exciting airfields in preparation, next two airfields in the easter part of Switzerland near Zurich:

- LSZN Hausen am Albis

- LSPK Hasenstrick (unfortunatly out of service since 10 years / reopening just on FS2)

LSZN Hausen am Albis

LSPK Hasenstrick

The second one is located in the hilly surroundings of Zurich on a sloping slope also with an inclination. Take-off only in one direction, landing in both directions allowed. Ever tried to land downhill?

I also started today with the realisation of LSGS Sion and work on the scenery of Zermatt. Sion and Zermatt will fit perfect together with the objects of drassaud.

Zermatt

LSGS Sion (with the "stade de tourbillon)

Regards,

Christophe

*** Update V1.10 now available on fligth-sim.org ***

Scenery of Neuchâtel-town added, including additional airport-objects, buildings of town, traffic, ports, ships, powerlines, railways and add. trees etc.

It works with IPACS’s DLC for Switzerland together with the Swiss cultivation West from drassaud (--> Update available V1.04).

Also adapted to work together with Airport Bex with Neuchatel and Collombey Refineries V1.4 from TomSimMuc & chrispriv.

It is now possible to fly directly from LSGN Neuchatel along the lake and past the city to the Refineries of Colombier!

Special thanks also to TomSimMuc for his support and his piers and also to Tomfa for editing the cultivation of Neuchâtel.

Enjoy!

Christophe

Hello everybody,

An update of LSGN V1.1 is in progress. It will also include a high-density scenery of the city of Neuchatel and surroundings.

I added buildings of the town, highways and roads, car-traffic and -parking, harbours with ships and much more …

It also will work well together with the scenery of Swiss Refineries Neuchâtel-Colombier from TomSimMuc (including my airport of LSGB Bex) - refineries in sight!

I have been using for the first time ObjectGen V0.7 form lenidcamper; it's great - thx a lot!

Cultivation "Autogen Switzerland West" from drassaud has already been adapted and will also be included in my upload.

Comming soon … ;)

Regards,

Christophe

Hello Didier,

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][8]

<[string8][type][object]>

<[string8][geometry][LSGBsp2007]>

<[vector3_float64][position][6.984387 46.259110 399.9]> ---> absolute altitude 399.9 meters

<[float64][orientation][-1]>

<[int32][autoheight_override][0]> ---> 0 = autoheight Off

>

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][9]

<[string8][type][object]>

<[string8][geometry][lsgb_t]>

<[vector3_float64][position][6.988578 46.256478 0.2]> ---> relative ground-level + 0.2 meters

<[float64][orientation][25]>

<[int32][autoheight_override][-1]> ---> -1 = autoheight On

It seam also to have the [autoheight_override-value] [1]. --->Does somebody now the meaning/effect of it?

Regards,

Christophe

Merci quand même Michael.

Dans mon cas, je suis hors de la zone d'un aéroport. Je recherche s'il est possible de décompiler le fichier de cultivation générale ensemble de la Corse. Ensuite AFS2 Scenery Editor peut très bien supprimer des objets bâtiments et cultivation ... mais il faudrait le recompiler !.

Bonsoir Michel,

Selon ma connaissance, contrairement à la default-végétation de IPAC, il n’existe effectivement aucun moyen d’exclure une zone ou de décomprimer une cultivation comprimée.

Vous devez effectivement demander à l'auteur de le faire ou d'obtenir la version non comprimée.

Christophe

And I can't understant why I have no problem with two buildings (the tower and the building below) and problems appear with a third, one that uses the same textures

Hello Didier,

My experience:

Using autoheight on, FS2 calculates for every used texture in an object his own a kind of "center of gravity", that is different from the center-point of the model (!). This cause the level-issue with the different textures if the terrain is not flat.

Question:
    Do you have only one object and are you using autoheight on?

Using only one texture (after reducing the textures/drawcalls witch MCX) or with autoheight off (absolute height-method) you won't have the issue.

An other solution for fixed-placed-buildings is to compile several objects with the same center-coordinates (so it fits) individually and to adapt the level manually for each object or even single compiled texture.

Finally - that may be very challenging - it's also possible to make "symmetric" resp. "balanced" objects, where every used texture has the same "center of gravity" by using resp. underlaying not visible parts of the object with this texture to "balance it out".

Regards,

Christophe

One more question: I have Switzerland Neuchatel 2019 by IZ0JUB installed. Do both play well? This all gets a bit complicated as we don't have a scenery layering system.

According to Michael's ( IZ0JUB) description, it is primarily an additional photo-texture, which also contains a cultivation.

It should be compatible with Swiss Refineries as described at all:

"This works well with Swiss Refineries Neochatel and Collombey Addition For Aerofly FS2 by TomSimMuc, 2019"

So status quo for the part of Collombey refineries (area28 of the existing scenerie), just Bex (area45) with his Airfield has been improved now!

OK?

Kind regards,

Christophe

Bonsoir Michel,

Comme Michael l’estime, la référence à l’objet ne semble pas être correcte. 

Le nom de l’objet est "100m_support_tower_obj". Ainsi, il manque probablement que le "_obj" à la fin:
    <[string8][geometry][com_tower_models/100m_support_tower/100m_support_tower_obj]>

Les fichiers "* .skp", la il s’agit des fichiers originaux des modèles de SketschUp. Ils ne sont pas nécessaires ainsi que les images "*. jpg".

Seul le fichier *. tmb" du modèle Aerofly FS2 avec les textures appropriées "*.ttx" sont nécessaires.

J'ai fait la Corse il y a quelque temps, certainement pas si détaillé que le vôtre. De ce point de vue une comparaison serait intéressante.

Regards,
    Christophe

À la première vue, ce sont surtout les deux signes ">" qui déranges:

Un autre point: le code ICAO doit être unique, sinon le fichier est ignoré. Comme il ne s’agit pas d’un aérodrome, il est préférable de laisser le code ICAO vide.

De manière générale, il est préférable de mettre tous les objets dans un seul fichier * .tsc, dans la mesure où la distance le permet.

Essayez le fichier modifié: pigno2_tv (1)_mod.txt

Regards,

Christophe