Posts by chrispriv

The cultivation(s) for Switzerland is(are) great, but where are really too much trees for towns like Bern, Geneva or Bale etc.

Keeping the Default-DLC of Switzerland untouched, I'm working in my addon-defintions with a trees-exclusion-file for the vegetation, replacing it with OSM-build trees (using a middle density for trees-generation). You would get better results, even it is not perfect too.

See for example Departure from Bern (LSZB) and some impressions south-east of Zurich:

[Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/DzbMySBZ/aerofly-fs-2-screenshot-06-20181028-234938.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/Pr33WW7J/aerofly-fs-2-screenshot-08-20181023-231231.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/SshDSDnT/aerofly-fs-2-screenshot-09-20181023-231300.jpg]

How it works: Include an additional entry in the cultivation-section of your *.tsc-file:

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][cultivation_files][]
    <[tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][element][0]
    <[string8][filename][Bern_treesexclA]>
    <[string8][building_textures_folder][]>
    <[bool][auto_height][true]>
    >
    <[string8][filename][Bern_autogenA]>
    >
    >

The file "Bern_autogenA.toc" includes the OSM-generated trees by using Scenproc (done with Vers. 6) while the file "Bern_treesexclA.toc" contains the coordinates of the exlusion for the default-vegetation (Swiss DLC):

Bern_treesexclA.toc

<[file][][Bern_treesexclA]
    <[cultivation][][]
    <[string8][coordinate_system][lonlat]>
    <[vegetation_exclusion_zone_list][vegetation_map_exclusion_zone_list][]
    <[vegetation_map_exclusion_zone][element][0]
    <[vector2_float64][min][7.0313 46.9811]>
    <[vector2_float64][max][7.3829 47.2178]>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Just try it out and see the difference!

Regards,

Chris

With Aerofly FS2 in that case it is necessary to make a kind of "dummy"-airport-definition,
    including the reference to the toc-file containing the autogen-data.

This is the way i ad general buildings and vegetation to my photo sceneries without need of any airport (template I use uploaded in my first answer). It is certainly different to FSX/ P3D, but with a bit of experience not so difficult at all when you get used… 😉

Chris

If you are already using an airport-definition-file in your scenery, so you can as Ken told you include your toc-filename in the cultivation section of your "*.tcs"-file as follows (save your toc-file in the same folder together with the building_textures-folder):

"…

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][cultivation_files][]
    <[string8][filename][map]>
    >
    >

…"

The autogen-area should be more or less centered with the position of the airport (due to the loading-distance).

Else you can make a separate tcs-definition-file just for the autogen-definition similar to an airport-definition (Grenoble_autogenA.zip). It is the better way for full-coverage autogen. Don’t forget to copy the needed building_textures-folder in your autogen-folder and to adapt the center-coordinates.

Chris