Posts by ctindall

Hi all,

I have been using RC7 for a long time to practice F3A schedules on a PC. I find the 'artificial horizon' included in the RC7 Landing Assist very useful for checking pitch and roll orientation

A couple of days ago, I tried a friend's RC8 and RC9 on a PC. The artificial horizon was not shown in the Landing Assist and I was unable to find it in other options.

is the artificial horizon available in Aerofly RC versions after RC7? If so, where can I find it?

Thank you

Chris

Hi all,

I have been using RC7 for a long time to practice F3A schedules on a PC. I find the 'artificial horizon' included in the RC7 Landing Assist very useful for checking pitch and roll orientationaerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/38153/.

A couple of days ago, I tried a friend's RC8 on a PC. The artificial horizon was not shown in the Landing Assist and I was unable to find it in other options.

is the artificial horizon available in Aerofly versions after RC7? If so, where can I find it?

Thank you

Chris

Hi all,
    Can anyone suggest which parameters to modify to create a realistic inverted stall with the Visa aircraft?
    I want to practice entry into an F3A inverted spin but the Visa just keeps floating along inverted as I feed in down elevator. Its quite unrealistic.
    I have played around with increasing the CDx and CDz. These seem to improve the aircraft's willingness to stall upright but have much less impact when inverted. I have the CG where I like it and would prefer not to significantly change it.
    Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Chris

Hi Jurgen,

That is not a silly question at all. Yes, I have only the Jeti connected.

After sending my original email, I did more investigation and realized that I need to address the interface issue from the transmitter side rather than the RC7 simulator side. I need the transmitter to provide a PPM signal to my PC.

Some googling showed options listed on the Jeti website (http://www.jetimodel.com/en/How-to-conn…ight-simulator/) and also a useful page on the Ikarus website (http://www.ikarus.net/en/frage-wie-k…16-anschliesen/).

I now have several options to investigate further. I am interested in which option other people use but I no longer need RC7 technical support.

Thank you for your time

Chris

Hi guys,

I have been using RC7 Ultimate on Windows with a Spektrum transmitter for several years. I recently purchased a Jeti DS16 and now wish to use that with RC7. I connect the DS16 to my computer with just the USB cable provided by Jeti. RC7 recognises the DS16 as a controller and I have calibrated the controls. The transmitter asks me if I want to Connect USB? I reply 'yes' and RC7 recognises stick and switch inputs from the transmitter. If I escape from the USB connection and select a model on the DS16, RC7 does not recognise the transmitter as a controller.

I want to experiment with setting up models and mixes in the DS16 and see the results in RC7.

If I use just a USB cable connection, is there a way for get RC7 to recognise control inputs from the DS16 after I select a model?

If the answer to the previous question is 'no', would purchasing the Aerofly Single Line Converter and an additional Jeti receiver allow me to use RC7 with a model selected on the DS16?

Are there any other options to connect the DS16 to RC7?

Thanks

Chris

Windows Version: Windows 10

Processor type and speed: Intel i3 550 @ 3.2 GHz

Graphic card manufacturer and type: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Sound card manufacturer and exact model type: Realtek High Definition Audio

Amount of RAM : 8 GB

aerofly RC 7 version: 7.4.11

Manufacturer and model type of your transmitter or controller joystick: Jeti DS16

Any special software installed besides aerofly RC 7 (e.g. Virus scanner and other Utilities) AVG Antivirus

Hi Jurgen and Jet-Pack,

Thanks for your replies. I have updated my graphics card driver and RC7 now starts fine. The problem of the aircraft disappearing when near the camera position is also gone.

Before the update, my graphics driver was dated 1-May-17. I thought that would be current. I was wrong. After the update, the driver is dated 27-Oct-17 and all problems are gone.

I suspected the problems were not related to the RC7 version and I wanted to fix them before installing the new RC7 version. I will now download and install the latest version.

Many thanks for your help

Chris

Hello guys,

I have been using RC7 for several years.

About one week ago, RC7 started to produce an error message when I tried to open the app - 'aerofly RC 7 main executable has stopped working' .

I tried deleting the 'c: .... /user/documents/aerofly RC 7' folder but still got the same error. I uninstalling RC7, restarted the PC and re-installed the app from my original IPACS RC7 CD. I still get the same error.

There have been no changes to my PC hardware or software for several months, other than automatic Microsoft updates.

About 2 weeks before the error appearred, I raised an IPACS support query (#449613) to get a new product key. I had not used RC7 for a few months and was getting a 60024 error when opening RC7. I installed the new key and RC7 opened.

When I used RC7 I found that the image of the aircraft (Spark) would disappear when it was within about 50 metres of the camera position. RC7 worked normally when the aircraft was more than 50 metres away from the camera. I had not seen this before. I tried changing a some of the RC7 display options to resolve the problem but the aircraft still disappeared when close to the camera. The next day, I started to get the 'aerofly RC 7 main executable has stopped working' error when opening RC7.

Please advise the next steps to get RC7 working again. PC and RC7 details are below.

Thanks for your help

Chris Tindall

Australia

Windows Version: Windows 10

Processor type and speed: Intel i3 550 @ 3.2 GHz

Graphic card manufacturer and type: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Sound card manufacturer and exact model type: Realtek High Definition Audio

Amount of RAM : 8 GB

aerofly RC 7 version: 7.1.3

Manufacturer and model type of your transmitter or controller joystick: Spektrum DX8

Any special software installed besides aerofly RC 7 (e.g. Virus scanner and other Utilities) AVG Antivirus

Please also provide us with the contents of the TM.LOG file in case of severe problems.

0.00-tmmodule: (7 modules) (tmatmosphere,1) (tmsystimer,1) (tmrandom,2) (tmfile,4) (tmwinjoystick,10) (tmwinogl,10) (tmopenal,20)

0.00-tmmodule: init modules=(tmsystimer=ok) (tmrandom=(seed=-1977571341) ok) done

0.01-tmsyswin: Program version 7.1.3

0.01-tmsyswin: Copyright (C) 1998-2013, IPACS, http://www.ipacs.de

0.01-tmsyswin: memory=(physical=8183MB, avail=0MB) (virtual=5964MB, avail=0MB) (8695 in use)

0.01-tmsyswin: operating system=Version 6.2 (Build 9200)

0.13-tm: operating system real version=10.0.15063

0.13-tmsyswin: fullscreen modes=(1024x768x32x60) (1024x768x32x75) (1152x864x32x75) (1280x720x32x60) (1280x720x32x75) (1280x768x32x60)

(1280x768x32x75) (1280x800x32x60) (1280x800x32x75) (1280x960x32x60) (1280x960x32x75) (1280x1024x32x60) (1280x1024x32x75) (1360x768x32x60) (1366x768x32x60)

(1600x900x32x60) (1600x1024x32x60) (1680x1050x32x60) (1920x1080x32x60)

0.18-tmsyswin: init window=(mdf=60Hz) (window=0x0x1840x1032) (client=1824x993) (screen=1920x1080) (32bpp) (60Hz) (windowed mode)

0.23-tmwinogl: initializing opengl= (glversion='1.1.0') (compiling opengl 1.1 test shader=