Posts by Oubaas

We need PSD templates without registration numbers or national flags on each aircraft.

The reason that I bring this up is that I have repainted the Pitts, but no matter what I do, including going through the PSD template layer-by-layer, I can't completely remove the German flag on the tail. Even when I erase every visible vestige of it, including on the reflection layer, specular layer, and every other layer upon which it visibly appears and re-export the PSD file after making the changes, I get the transparent, but full color, "ghost" of a German flag on the tail. I have removed every visible-to-the-human-eye trace of it on each and every layer upon which it can be seen and it still comes through. It has to be on one of the dark layers or something and not visible when erasing layer-by-layer.

That would be fine if the repaint was a German aircraft. But it's a U. S. aircraft with an "N" number.

Repaint templates should not include national flags or registration numbers. They should be generic.

Please reissue the repaint templates without flags or registration numbers and also include the aircraft for which there are no templates yet, such as the Jungmeister. Repaints are a big deal in a flight sim community. Thanks!

I had stuttering after the last update. I did what I always do, deleted main.mcf and reset exactly the same graphics settings, and just like the past two or three times, no more stutters. I don't know what that does, it might even defy logic, but it works.

I flew the Lear 45 from Yuma to San Diego this morning. It's a great aircraft, but it has an odd quirk. I was flying it manually, had trimmed out straight and level, and every time that I went to external view to look at the aircraft (it was the first time that I had flown it in the sim) my elevator trim would go out of whack and the aircraft would start climbing.

As long as I stayed in the pilot's seat, no problem. She'd cruise along straight and level just as nice as you could ask. But one peek at the aircraft from external view, and you're gaining altitude fast, with the VSI pegged at the top of the scale.

Aside from that, the Lear is a real sweetheart!

Flying out of Stewart International in New York is nice. If you head west, it should take you over the Catskill mountains.

Out west in southern Utah, areas such as Bryce Canyon National Park are nice. Look for "Canyonlands" in the airports shown.

Northern California is pretty also. You can choose about any airport in northern Cal and see some nice scenery.

In Arizona, I like to fly out of Yuma, down on the southern border. It's desert, but it has its beauty and it's a nice airport.

Welcome, and enjoy the sim! I'm sure others have their favorite places in the sim and will post their advice.

When I first purchased the sim, I was getting 60. It went down to 20 after purchasing NY and Switzerland. Where do I go from here?

Try deleting your main.mcf file and re-doing your graphics settings. That straightened things out for me after one of the recent updates.

I just spent an hour or so flying the Peruvian MB-339 around in Arizona, taking off from Yuma. I wish I could offer some help, but I couldn't duplicate the discrepancy. It was perfect for the entire flight for me.

I hope you all find a solution, that's a nice little jet.

You can put any pilot that you want into any plane. The available pilots are found in your main game folder's objects folder. Their names are:

pilot_andy

pilot_daniel

pilot_edward

pilot_eric

pilot_jason

pilot_jet

pilot_jet_2

pilot_jet_ftc

pilot_pamela

pilot_patricia

pilot_peter

pilot_robert

pilot_thomas

Just open the particular aircraft's .tmc file in notepad, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see an entry that looks like this:

<[string8][Pilot][pilot_pamela]>

Change "pilot_pamela" in the C172 for example to "pilot_peter" and you'll now see the pilot from the Jungmeister in the pilot's seat of the C172.

A caveat, however. All of the male pilots have alien mutant hands. Only the female pilots have normal hands. So if you want to sit in the co-pilot's seat and look at the pilot, the males' hands will look a little weird. But if you stay in the pilot's seat, no problem, and it doesn't show on external view.

I'm going to tinker around with the SDK and see if I can create a pilot model in Poser 9 and convert it into Aerofly FS 2. If it works, I can put myself in the various aircraft with my leather flight jacket, silk scarf, and dashing good looks. :D

I'll report back if I have any luck. It might be a few days. I have to get back up to speed with Poser 9.

I deleted my main.mcf file, reset my graphics settings, and I'm now running on Ultra with VR at 1.5 with no stutter, smooth as silk.

I wasn't able to do that before, I had to turn Shadows down to Medium and Building Density down to High previously. Now I'm full on Ultra at 1.5 now and not a stutter in sight.

I recently bought a new PC to replace my old ASUS R9280X-DC2T-3GD5-V2 based system. I'm now running a Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 system, and the difference is amazing. This thing is powerful, and runs things effortlessly with which my old R9 280X system would have struggled. If you want to go VR, it's time to upgrade your graphics card.

This morning I created and installed photo scenery of around 90 square nautical miles centered on McKinley National Park Airport in Denali, Alaska. It looks beautiful. Except that the landscape surrounding the highest peak on the North American continent, the third highest mountain on the planet with a summit elevation of 20,310 feet (6,190 m) above sea level, bears a striking resemblance to Kansas or Iowa, or one of the other Great Plains states.

Will we eventually be getting terrain mesh for Alaska in an update, or am I going to have to do that myself? :D