Posts by lenidcamper

I have the same LOD issue for adjoining scenery. I FSET and geoconverted a strip form the IPACS CH DLC to the ORBX LOWI

This is an example of an unusual loading effect at the eastern edge of the CH coverage. My new scenery does not overlay the default (level 8?) until you are almost directly overhead. Example screen shots below.

before.bmp

after.bmp

I agree totally with the sentiment of the thread. I have flown for years with MSFS.

HeadTrackNoIr was a leap forward.

When I discovered TileProxy I never looked back to the autogen scenery. (Although I sure did miss the trees. It's hard to land when there is very little ground reference.)

I tried Flyinside but it crashed left right and centre so I was less than impressed.

My favorite flight in FSX was the ASG29 at LOWI. So when I saw the YouTube video of soaring at Innsbruk I was instantly sold.

FS2 has not disapointed me. First flight was jaw dropping amazing and I've enjoyed every flight since.

You see comments in the forum "what about plane x or Y". My advice to IPACS is to concentrate on the core functionality and exposing API's. Commercial partners and end users will build out the product around you.

What made MSFS a success despite some fundamental limitations was an army of talented users adding to the richness of the product.

With FSET and geoconvert/geoconverthelper it was relatively easy (just lots of cpu cycles) to add high res scenery for the stretch between the Switzerland DLC boundary and the ORBX LOWI boundary. Have not tried cultivating yet. That looks to be more hands on.

I agree. Ridge soaring the ORBX LOWI scenery in the Oculus (with pilot enabled in cockpit camera) gives an amazing sense of reality (Jaw dropping on my first flight). A winch or air tow with a more usable thermal model would take us a lot further in the sense of immersion. Also it would be nice to have more complete ZANDER functionality for those cross country challenges. Perhaps we can hope someday for on-line soaring competitions as in Condor.

Has anyone found a way to change POV for external cameras?

Left wing camera view is behind my right shoulder in VR but In 2d display left wing camera is along left wing in the centre of view.

I see the camera postion and direction definitions in the XXX.tmd but I have not found any documentation of the coordinate system.