Posts by IZ0JUB

Even worse is that I have made a clean install from my DVD set and working OK. I then went to a saved web page showing the update which I wrongly assumed was the working one I used 2 years ago and installed that to find its the latest update with all the problems.

Why o why can we not have a web page with download links to each past update with their appropriate dates so we can update our flight sims as preferred by the individual user dependant on the computer system in use.

So I have now uninstalled FS 2 for the second time and reinstalling my DVD set as I type.

I don't have any payware scenery but guess if you download again with your security key it should work OK. I only use my own home made scenery and cultivation around 700 GB of it, thank heavens I have it backed up on my external hard drive. Its all available free at this web link: https://flight-sim.org/index.php?welcome-en/

Just click the map and select a country, it will then forward you to a page/s of scenery and or cultivation.

Cheers Michael.

Hi Robert,

Not that its much help but you are not on your own. I have had all sorts of problems with the latest DVD update the main one being that about 700 GB of my home made scenery and cultivation was deleted by the installation. Other problems too with elevation cliffs across Great Britain, add on airports causing strange towers all around the runways. Then in the default USA scenery strange pillars along the runways, floating bridges in San Francisco, floating buildings and so it goes on.

This morning I un-installed all of FS 2 and I mean everything, cleaned the computer and did a reboot. Then made a clean install of the DVD set, tested working OK. Then downloaded and installed the Colorado USA pack tested OK. At the moment I'm downloading 1 of 8 scenery texture packs for South West USA. I will test this then do the update of awhile ago.

After all of this and only then I will reinstate all my scenery and cultivation.

Its been an interesting learning curve.

Good Luck.

Kindest Regards,

Michael.

I'm going to uninstall FS 2 clean computer reboot and do a clean install from the DVD set, test, then do the update of two years ago or whenever it was, test and leave well alone.

UPDATE TODAY: Clean re installation of DVD set and test working perfectly OK.

Download and install Colorado USA IPACS scenery pack installed tested OK.

The problems continue since the update, all was working perfectly OK before hand. Now the GB elevation isn't working correctly despite downloading a fresh copy and some add on airports are producing towers. Picture attached. The only way to stop this is to remove GB Elevation courtesy of TomSimMuc and the various airports. Then my home made scenery works OK.

I have spent all day in front of my computer having tried to get my cultivation to work and eventually installed it onto my F drive as I have done for several years with no problems whatsoever despite IPACS telling me this is not the way to do it.

Thank you for your continued support and help.

Kindest regards, Michael.

I have created a New Folder "Aerofly FS 2 Addons" so the file path on my F drive as follows: Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator/Aerofly FS 2 Addons/scenery/places/my cultivation

Just made a test flight and cannot see trees and or buildings?

Obviously I'm doing something silly.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards to all.

Michael.

Thanks Jan, I will follow your advice - in those early days, there was a lot of community stuff but hardly anyone was providing a readme and those few developers who did were giving giving different advice. So I had to assess the quality of the developer, and make a best guess as to where things should be. That has worked up until now.

The ORBX stuff I installed created a folder called 'Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns. I will copy the missing DLCs into there

Mike

Thank you to Admin and Mike I have now set up a new folder similar to your ORBX one Mike. Back to the computer. Kindest regards, Michael.

How? The setup only touches the installation folder and since all user scenery is in the user documents it should not be possible for the installer to alter these files. And also the extra user folder on your custom file path location should be totally unaffected by any updates to the installation folders.

Good Morning Jan, Its totally deleted all my airports and cultivation off my F hard drive this has never happened with other updates. File path: Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator/scenery/places The internet connection problem is still there however the very low FPS 5 sitting on the RW in add on airfields has rectified itself and FPS is at the locked 60 as normal. So some good news. So for the next few days having to copy and paste loads of cultivation from my external back up drive. I just love computers.;)

Many thanks Jan for your fast reply and offer of help, It works perfectly OK over the default scenery however if you check for updates the internet connection has an error 1002. Have uninstalled ALL anti virus and malware software.

Have tested my home made scenery working OK in Malta, Italy, Florida but not in Great Britain and Ireland?

Kindest regards, Michael.

PS.Removed my GB scenery, tested on RW on the Isle Of Wight and FPS is killed at 5, move up into the air FPS restores at 60.

PPS. More testing tonight and can confirm its the FSCloudPort add on airports, sitting on the RW FPS about 6 flying at FPS 200 unlocked. If I switch off the overlay RW in each of the airports this is a work around for now. Its only GB and Ireland giving the problems. Checking for updates within FS 2 still getting internet error 1002.