Posts by IZ0JUB

Hi again Michael,

It seems with my limited knowledge that if you make scenery with the largest grid square 9 it works OK because it makes levels 9, 11, 12 and 13 for ZL 16 which is 2.389 M/PIX resolution.

However it would appear that if you use a smaller grid box, like I did for Zealand Island in Denmark, using grid size 10 this removes level 9 only giving 10, 11, 12 and 13.

If you have made scenery with grid box 9 and used the "Choose For Me" button you should be OK.

What grid size box did you use for the scenery that is giving you problems?

Kindest Regards,

Michael. Age 63 years young!

Back from the drawing board and further tests.

Please read my original reply to Michael on 25 th April.

I can now confirm that the fix for my Zealand Island Denmark scenery made with grid size 10, ZL 16, (resolution 2.389 M/PIX), and levels 10, 11. 12 and 13

I made a new grid size 9, ZL 16 and only in level 9.

Add this to the existing scenery and the loading problem disappears.

Try it Martin and see if it works for you too?

I have been doing some tests too, using the high speed (for me any way) F15 Fighter flying it at maximum speed to load the simulator.

All scenery made with "AeroScenery".

Flying over Ireland made with grid size 9 - levels 9, 11. 12 and 13 and resolution 2.389 no loading problems whatsoever.

Flying over Zealand Island Denmark made with grid size 10 - levels 10, 11. 12 and 13 and resolution 2.389 scenery tiles do not load until the aircraft is virtually at the change over point of the on coming new tile.

It would appear that the missing level 9 is causing this problem or is it level 10?

So in future I will only make scenery as I have in the past at grid size 9.

Kindest regards,

Michael.

PS I will do more testing.

Thank you Michael.

Interestingly my idea a few days ago has been to get a number of us making good quality scenery with cultivation. I have someone who has knowledge of editing images so that in its self would be a great asset.

I haven't forgotten the Northern section of Germany unfortunately I got side tracked on doing Zealand Island for another user.;)

Any help would be greatly received.

Kindest regards,

Michael.

I am no expert but this is the way I make my scenery using Nick Hod's free "AeroScenery" software.

The main panel I have marked with RED lines to indicate what you have to set up before downloading the images.

IMAGE SOURCES: ArcGIS, Bing or Google.

IMAGE DETAIL I do all my main scenery in 2.389 M/PIX (Airports or areas of interest you can remake in a different resolution)

CHOOSE FOR ME This is a very useful button and takes away all the guess work

Then select the three boxes, "Download Image Tiles", "Stitch Image Tiles" and "Generate AID/TMC Files"

Main Panel

Settings Panel

Select your tiles to download. In size 9 I usually select 6 tiles as shown in the picture below and marked in red.

Now your OK to press the "START" button.

Once the download has completed you can view your stitched images in "Documents", "AeroScenery" "working" folder.

To make the scenery for FS 2 you now untick the 3 boxes and tick the "Run GeoConvert" and press the "START" button.

This takes about 60 to 90 minutes per tile.

When you are happy with the finished scenery you can delete all the other files leaving only the TTC to save space on your hard drive.

Editing the coastlines has already been covered in one of my earlier tutorials.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This may help?

I hope the project is still going as its such a wonderful tool for us scenery makers. I have asked Nick about adding other image servers but had no reply to my post.

It would be good of him if he could give us the courtesy of telling us what is going on.

Either its on going or dead!

Kindest regards, Michael.