Posts by IZ0JUB

Cultivation for FREE.

Teupitz area in Germany. This is now available to download from http://www.flight-sim.org and there will be more to follow completing an area from Teupitz heading North to the coastline. Have a great flight. Kindest regards to all, Michael.

NEWS UPDATE

18th January. The following areas have been uploaded, Ludwigsfelde, Potsdam and Berlin.

19th January. The following areas have been uploaded, Blankenfelde, Oranienburg and Liebenwalde.

19th January. The following areas have been uploaded, Zehdenick, Templin and Furstenburg.

19th January. The following areas have been uploaded, Prenzlau, Mollenbeck and Neubrandenburg

19th January. The following areas have been uploaded, Anklam and Berthke.

This completes the total area from South of Berlin to the North coastline.

Cockpit views over photo scenery and cultivation of Germany.

Photo scenery made with Nick Hod's AeroScenery and cultivation made with ScenProc by Arno Gerresten. Satellite images courtesy of Bing, Microsoft.

Thank you to both Nick and Arno who have given generously of their time for free.

Make sure that the ScenProc output autogen which is also on my "C" drive is going to the correct folder, it should be called "Cultivation for FS 2".

I just completed Moab, Utah, USA to test, I downloaded a 330 Klm2 area. Unfortunately the OSM Data for this area is very poor. The map.osm was only 3,664 Kbs of data. It took ScenProc 60 seconds to process. This is a picture of Moab with very little cultivation.

CULTIVATION THE SIMPLE WAY

Part Two of Two

UPDATED MARCH 2021

Welcome back to part two of this tutorial. You should now have a file called map.osm I keep mine in “Downloads” on the main “C” drive in Win 7 on my computer. Your area picture “Kladow” on your desk top and your noted coordinates.

You now have to use ScenProc to process the data. My ScenProc is also in “Downloads” on my main “C” drive

Download working ScenProc and scipt from here https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…ersion-working/

Un zip into the same place that you have ScenProc mine are in "Computer" and "Downloads" on my "C" drive in Win 7.

You need to create a folder for the processed OSM Data by ScenProc mine is in “Computer” “C” drive and named “Cultivation for FS 2”.

Open ScenProc and select the script using the “Open” button on the top tool bar then press the “Run” button our example will take about 30 minutes or so.

Not too much more to do now so hang on in there.

Next download this https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…e-preprocessor/

These now need to be moved into your FS 2. You need to make a new folder in FS 2, scenery, places, and call it Kladow Autogen.

You now need to add the building textures download from here https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…ersion-working/

This needs to be un zipped and placed into your new Kladow Autogen folder. This is what the folder looks like.

With special thanks to all of those who have given generously of their time I would like to acknowledge Arno Gerretsen author of ScenProc, Nick Hod author of AeroScenery, Rodeo, Crispy136, Kenventions, TomSimMuc and Trespassers.

I have enjoyed making these tutorials and for those willing to have a go I wish you all the very best.

Kindest regards to everyone, cheers Michael.

Just to prove it works................

CULTIVATION THE SIMPLE WAY

Part One of Two

Firstly I must point out that I am no expert in making cultivation. Having spent many years making auto-gen for FSX and P3D having found little or no help on the internet. I had to do it the hard way learning by making loads of mistakes and burning the mid-night oil.

Then I took the quantum leap of purchasing FS 2 and the learning curve started all over again with little help from the web.

Like Edison I know of over 100 ways on how not to do it.

So lets get you started with your cultivation project.

Firstly you need to download the OSM Data this can be found at this web site

https://extract.bbbike.org

Open this web page and fill out the left panel with your data selection of OSM XML gzip'd, your email address ad project or area name.

Then press the green “here” button to select your area to download. Don't go mad here and try for a big area, I found around 20 Mbs of data was OK.

You can experiment with larger downloads if you like.

Take a screen shot of the download area map and make a note of the village, town or city name near the centre of the area for future reference.

In Win 7 you can use the "Snipping Tool" found in the "Accessories" folder. Save the picture as "Kladow" on your desk top.

In our example “Kladow” is near the centre. Using Google Earth Map which you can download free from this link https://geology.com/google-earth/

make a note of the Longitude and Latitude not forgetting any minus signs.

In our example the coordinates are Lat 52.4595 and Lon 13.1375

When your happy about the area then click on the green button “extract” and you can watch the progress of your download by clicking on the bottom status button marked in red in the picture.

You will also be sent an email link for the download.

The download should be ready in under 10 minutes depending on the loading of the system.

I download on my computer in Win 7 to “Computer”, “Downloads” on the “C” drive.

You have to un zip the downloaded data, I use 7- Zip which is free.

Once you have un zipped the folder you need to change the name to map.osm because ScenProc will be looking for this file name in part two.

As an alternative if you are not comfortable using this map you can try this web site http://download.geofabrik.de/europe.html

Some of the countries Germany and Great Britain have their counties listed so its very easy to download a county at any one time.

However this is OK for England but unfortunately Wales and Scotland are not in county format and are far too big to process in ScenProc. I tried Wales but after 3 days ScenProc gave up.

You need to select the .osm.bz2 folder to download.

This has to be un-zipped and the name changed to map.osm ready for processing by ScenProc in part two.

End of part one.

With respect I do know of these links and the You Tube tutorial which I watched many times. However it all seemed like black magic to me at the time and I felt like I was up the river without a paddle.

My tutorial will be like a Mrs. Beeten cook book describing how to make chicken soup, first catch yourself a chicken.

Kindest regards to all, Michael.

The OSM Data for Merseyside is excellent producing virtually every building in cultivation.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

More cultivation during the holiday period and the UK completed for 2019.

West Yorkshire

Wiltshire

Merseyside

My UK photo scenery made with Nick Hod's "Aero Scenery" and satellite images courtesy of Bing.

Cultivation made with Geofabrik OSM data and ScenProc author Arno Gerretsen and text file 6 courtesy of Rodeo, Crispy136 and Kenventions.

THANK YOU.

My UK photo scenery made with Nick Hod's "Aero Scenery" and satellite images courtesy of Bing.

Cultivation made with Geofabrik OSM data and ScenProc author Arno Gerretsen and text file 6 courtesy of Rodeo, Crispy136 and Kenventions.

THANK YOU.

Just finished Gloucestershire which has very good OSM data as you can see from the many buildings.