Posts by IZ0JUB

I made my donation a week or so ago Michael but I have to ask .... The screenies I am seeing with the Falke plane ..... Is that in AFS4 or AFS2? If it is AFS4 is there any way I can get mine flying in there too. I really miss that one from my FS2 days.

Thank you for supporting the flight sim community it is greatly appreciated. The pictures are taken from my FS 4 flying the Dark Kitten here is the download link: https://github.com/krzysk1/kitten

A personal observation....

Recently I have updated ALL my scenery and yet with my latest upload there has been over 120 views to the scenery page and only a single donation to help flight-sim.org.

In the past before I made a request for a donation towards the site there have been many hundreds of downloads for each upload I made. There are other developers who give generously of their time and work asking nothing in return, maybe a THANK YOU wouldn't go a miss and even a small donation would go towards the electric bill, as this is certainly not for free. Fortunately there are always the few that have shown their appreciation by donations to flight-sim.org to keep this wonderful and needed scenery portal active over the years and hopefully many years to come.

It is something of an eye opener to observe many thousands will be spent on hardware and yet the necessary software to make the hobby a pleasure is begrudged and advantage taken of those who spend many months, years even, to make scenery and the most comments received are asking for more, better this or that, greater areas, more details etc. My wife likened it to someone who spends a fortune on a car but expects the garage to fuel it, upgrade the tyres and navigation system for free. No she doesn't share the hobby but has spent many a lonely time chasing me for meals and to sleep occasionally :)

So to those many flight simmers who over the years have taken scenery downloads for granted I now ask you to think again and if you are able and willing to make a small donation now is the time to do it. As without your support and encouragement this valuable asset may not be here in the future.

Thank you in advance and in the hope you realise the great asset this portal is for our hobby.

Make a donation - Flight-Sim.org

I don’t see any reason for seeing my recent flight paths when I can’t even copy the same flight plan to be used again or even watch it as a replay. IPacs team please it’s irrelevant unless we can be able to cope the flight path or route and re used it again or able to watch our full replays.. Also in your next update, tire smokes, contrails, increased the flaps and gears up and down volumes, also the seat belts and no smoking sign volumes. More also, let it be abit bumpy when we land or speeding on the runway when about to take of and taxing. Also increase the tire screeching sounds when touched down.

If you finish ALL these updates before lunch please dont forget my flushing toilets.

If its any help I have FS4 on my F drive. However the scenery is on my E drive.

I have typed it out in simple terms NOT to belittle your intelligence only as it make some sense to me.

The E drive folder is: Aerofly FS 4 Scenery 2023 open this folder to find two folders elevation and scenery.

Open the scenery folder to find airports and images. Open the images folder to find various files example UK Glastonbury this folder contains the various map_09 ttc files.

In my main.mcf folder found on my C drive in Documents, Aerofly FS 4 I have this <[string8][extra_user_folder][E:/Aerofly FS 4 Scenery 2023]>

Just did a test flight in a F18 at 1600 ft agl over my HD scenery and Im getting smooth 60 fps using a Nvidia GTX 960 GPU (Nvidia driver 21/06/2020 27.21.14.5148) newer drivers cause crashes, desktop PC running Win 10.

FS 4 set at resolution 1920x1080 60 Hz, Vsync On, Open GL and quality set at Ultra.

I have nothing against new models, but I personally think that there are already enough airliners.

Other smaller ones, for example models like the SuperSTOL, or PC-21 would be good too and have been on the list for a long time.

External Content www.dailymotion.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And I would end the subject, that there are also other more urgent priorities for FS4.

HEAR HEAR

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

With special thanks to my friend Peter in Swansea for sending me this.

As we near the end of 2023 I would like to give thanks to the IPACS team who work tirelessly behind the scenes (interrupted frequently by many questions and or demands on the forum) and all of those who give their time freely to develop scenery, aircraft and airports to give more realism to our flight simulation experiences.

Have a wonderful Christmas with family, friends not forgetting our dear pets and best wishes for the New Year.

Technical question from the untechnical me. I know this is a bit like "I wonder what this button does", but if I change my game settings from limit frame rate OFF to say 60 fps does it have an adverse effect if my machine can handle more than 60 fps? :/

Good question, with my early Egyptian set up using a GTX960 graphics card I have used it at LIMIT FRAME RATE OFF and I can hear the poor card gowning as its working over time. From bitter experience I leave it set to 60 FPS in the FS 2 and or FS 4 settings.