Posts by Marlinleg

Hello to one and all, I have a new pc arriving in the next 2 weeks.

Nvida RTX 2080 Super . Advice on monitor single wide screen or triple

My budget is £1000 looking at these monitors

Acer XR382CQKbmijqphuzx 37.5 Inch WQHD Curved

BenQ EX3501R 35 Inch Ultra WQHD 100 Hz HDR

AOC AGON AG352UCG6 35

Or triple iiyama GB2760QSU-B1 thin bezel

Or any advice will be appreciated

The PC will only be used for Aerofly and Car Racing sim only

I will probably purchase from Amazon, ultra fast returns.

I am thinking dead pixel

Thank you all

Hello to one and all . I have a Oculus Rift S .when flying or trying to fly everything is fine but when I try to reach something in the lower half of the cockpit with my oculus rift touch controller I can’t because. my pc worktop is in the way I use a CH Yoke (and CH rudder pedals) Yoke clamped to my worktop

As a 72yr old simmer I do try to search for the answer but I am stuck . Any advice please . Thanking you all in anticipation take care stay safe in these. trying times

Kind regards

Phil

My PC spec

Intel i7 Skylake 6700K 4Ghz CPU

Akasa Heat Sink & Fan

Gigabyte Z170-HD3P Motherboard

NVidia GTX 1080 DDR 5 8Gb Graphics

16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR4 2400MHz

Iiyama 27" Prolite 2790HS x 3

Samsung 1TB SSD 850 EVO Series with Windows 10 operating system

Samsung 1TB SSD 860 EVO Series with Steam games

DVD Re-Writer

Lan

USB2.0/3.0/3.1

Aerocool Deluxe Midi Tower Case

Bequiet 700w PSU

Windows 10 Operating System 64 Bit

I have just installed my oculus Rift S . Amazing absolutely brilliant . Now I have just get the hang of the controls

One point if I may . I have Aerofly on my 2nd ssd , when I download the Oculus software I choose my 2nd drive

everything great. On my main drive I have X-plane11 Oculus rift s also work with xplane11 my point a lot of people were asking which drive to install O/R/S well mine is working on both drives . I hope this helps someone

Is this the right place to post a new topic I can’t see anywhere else :huh:

Hello to one and all . I have a brand new second 1TB Samsung ssd with Aerofly 2 on Steam version ,having just purchased the Oculus Rift S. How do I install O/R /s onto my second drive

C being my main drive with Windows 10 64 bit on it

and S being my second drive only used for my steam games.

( named S so I remember s=steam IAM 71yr it’s an age thing) do I have to install the Oculus Rift S app onto my C drive first or can it go direct to my S drive then go to steam

Thanking you all in anticipation

From oculus rift s web page

To install the Oculus app on a different system drive:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run command.
    2. Enter the following path: [drive]:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\OculusSetup.exe /drive=[new system drive]
    3. - Replace [drive] with the letter of the drive where Oculus was downloaded to.
    4. - Replace [new system drive] with the letter of the new drive you'd like to install Oculus to.
    5. E.g. C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\OculusSetup.exe /drive=D orC:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\OculusSetup.exe /drive:D
    6. Click OK.

The 20% off is not good at all because we don’t have much choice they keep the price high

Give us a good discount and aeroflyv2 pilots will buy its simple fir a newish sim they really should discount.Then we will see how good the add on is then buy more . They think they have us over a barrel. I was at RAF Cosford 2017

Justflight we’re giving software away for prepar 3 and other flight sims i purchased Piper Arrow for p3d at a huge discount