Posts by arnog

Hi,

In the GUI MCX will use the character that is specified in Windows for the decimal character. But I have now changed how the TSC file is written, there I always use the dot now. Before that was dependent on the Windows setting as well and that is not correct. So I hope that will fix the issue. I'll push a new development release later tonight with the fix.

In your TGI file which texture format is referenced? When I did a test export in MCX I used the TSC writer and that converts everything to BMP on the fly. Maybe that's a difference.

In another object I had a 1024x512 texture. But the content converter turned that in 512x512 automatically without problems.

Hi Michael,

I tested your object but it shows fine here in my AeroFly.

You mentioned a warning about textures not being square. Do you have this line in your content_converter_config.tmc file in the texture settings?

[bool][make_square][true]

That should automatically ensure they are square.

Hi all,

Maybe I didn't look correctly, but I read in the SDK that the different levels of the imagery have fixed locations (first level one image for the entire earth, etc). But is there a specification of this system somewhere? It would be useful to know how I can calculate the borders of each tile.

I'm asking because I have a (not yet released) feature in scenProc that can grab images from a WMS and export them to a photo scenery. I would like to give this a try for AeroFly as well.

Hi Michael,

I noticed the Sketchup file has parts without textures as well. These parts only have a color assigned. I'm not sure Aerofly supports that. If not the colors have to replaced by a texture.

Yesterday I didn't test the model in the sim, I'll try to do that tonight.

Hi Michael,

I just checked the model and here on my PC I don't get the same error. But I noticed that your TGI file contains comma's where I didn't expect them. That's due to the regional settings that are different in different countries. I have just pushed a new version of ModelConverterX that fixes this and makes sure the output always uses dots for decimal characters. I hope/think that will solve your error.

If you grab the latest development release you'll have the fix. Looking forward to hear if it helped ;)

Hi Ray,

With ModelConverterX you should be to convert Sketchup models to Aerofly. But the challenge is to find models that are designed efficiently enough. I don't have enough Aerofly experience yet to know that's good performance wise, but you see many Sketchup objects that are just too complex and wasting resources.

Converting content from X-Plane or MSFS is probably easier, as they are design with real-time simulation in mind. But of course the developer has to agree for his work to be reused.

I know there are developers interested in porting their addons to Aerofly as well. I just hope to make all those conversions a bit easier, because actually all sims have a lot of similarities as well.

Hi Michael,

I'm also still learning the details of FS2, so any feedback is useful to me.

You can ignore the warning about modeldef.xml, that only applies to MSFS. Same for the warnings about the texture sizes, as the Aerofly Content Converter will automatically resize them for you.

I think you found a bug in the MCX output. I think the TGI file is not written correctly. I'm not behind my PC now, but will try the object you posted and see if I can spot where the error comes from.

Yes, just tell me what limits you find :)

With this new feature it should be possible to go from for example SketchUp to AeroFly. ModelConverterX can export as TGI file, that you can run through the Content Converter yourself. Or you can export as a TSC scenery directly. I'm not sure if exporting directly to TSC suits in the typical AeroFly workflow, at the moment ModelConverterX can't add an object to an existing scenery. That might be a good addition for the future.