Posts by kenventions

I think we'd all prefer you spend that 15 hours a day on enhancements and not the forums. I'm sure the regular users will gladly help the newbies with any questions they may have.

One suggestion regarding regular updates - I noticed on the DCS forums that the developers would only post updates on Fridays and their community seemed to adjust to that. I don't think AF2 needs weekly updates but a monthly routine would be a great start (maybe the 2nd of every month = AF2).

The update doesn't always have to be a major announcement/release - just a short blog about how development/testing is going on one of the enhancements and maybe a screenshot or two of work-in-progress.

The Manhattan skyline is nice but when I browse the file folders I only see subfolders for the airports, bridges, and a few of the buildings. Where are all of the other buildings coming from?

I'd like to create some airports and scenery for other areas of the US that don't have hi-res scenery yet but it appears the autogen cultivation of buildings is limited to short structures which makes any downtown areas look empty / undeveloped / unnatural.

Does anyone have a solution? Big jets usually land in cities with big buildings.

Phil, it seems like FSCP is basically a GUI for placing objects with point-n-click ease versus manually defining coordinates for those objects. I see you have cultivation listed as #5 - is your thought that users will use FSCP to place individual palm trees, etc at specific locations around an airport?

With all these FS2 tools popping up, what's the correct pipeline sequence I should follow when I want to create a full city in a region that doesn't currently have any hi-res scenery?

1) use enhanced elevation tools to pull the elevation tile for that town/city (~40nm x ~40nm)

2) use FSCloudPort to create at least 1 airport

3) pull 1m resolution scenery tiles that match the same area as 1)

4) add photorealistic matched trees for the same area as 1)

5) add autgen buildings for the same area as 1)

6) import iconic landmark 3D objects

7) did I miss something???

I learned the hard way when I created 1m scenery and then decided to enhance the elevation data but I should have worked the elevation data first since those tiles have fixed coordinates.

Is this the correct order of scenery development steps? I wish there was a Bob Ross how-to video/checklist to pull all these scenery work together :)

Ray, thanks again for the cultivate 1st tip - wow all those houses and buildings look nice! I didn't see any trees - did I miss a setting somewhere? My current scenery resolution is only 2m. That's Breakaway on the left - now I need to clean-up my manually placed FSCP houses & buildings :)

Good tip (cultivation 1st, then buildings). I started on Breakaway and have been experimenting with buildings and houses but when I flew a test flight I realized I need to learn how to add trees.

Just like you can select a plane with a different paint scheme, it would be nice if you could select different versions of a FSCP airport.

There are a finite number of major airports and the first person to place a runway may not be planning to invest hours to add more detail / buildings / aircraft which means that airport never gets fully developed.

I remember messing around with the Dash-400 engine while on the ground and noticed a sound change - can't remember if it was just the REVERSE sound or actual blade pitch changes. I think the KingAir has some minor inflight sound changes if you feather the props.

I agree that "constant speed prop" should not mean "constant sound" because changing the pitch of the prop changes the amount of air being moved by the prop - more air = more wind noise. Just not sure at 200 knots if the general wind noise is louder than the prop noise.

Visually, I agree the prop animation wouldn't change unless the prop ghosting can represent different prop pitch angles.

My brother has a house & plane at Breakaway. I'll send you a conversation once I start on the DFW area (maybe tonight).

What happens with FSCloudPort airports if someone creates a duplicate? Do you get to pick which version to download or is only the latest version available?

Salt, I fly FS2 in VR with a GTX1080 / Odyssey combo and Aerofly graphics set to U,H,H,M,L,L and it's buttery smooth (no stutters) - the image quality reminds me of the 1024x768 days - don't expect HD / 1080P quality.

Check the SteamVR beta VIDEO settings and temporarily check the MANUAL box to set what SuperSampling value was calculated based on your graphics card - mine showed 1.72 - yours will obviously be higher (maybe 2.00+). If it's showing something >1.00 then make sure your Aerofly VR Render Scale Factor = 1.0 otherwise you'll make your graphics card work twice as hard.

When you say visuals are bad, do you mean you are getting stutters or that the image seems like lower resolution than you expected?

My suggestions above should help with stutters. If both SteamVR beta VIDEO = 1.00 and Aerofly VR RSF = 1.0, then you should increase the Aerofly VR RSF to at least 1.50 to sharpen the cockpit instruments (may want to test with the Cessna 172 since the panel is close).

Here's my initial 10 for Texas = DFW Intl, Love Field, Addison, McKinney, Wichita Falls, Paris (TX), Waco, Cedar Park (private airport near Austin), Corpus Christi, and Port Aransas.

Nothing far west or far north.

Ken

This was posted in another thread ... "I think that the slider on my flight stick was mapped by default to throttle, in addition to the throttle itself. So check that and see if it is the case. Just click on that throttle axis setting, press delete, and then repeat this a few times to make sure you've cleared anything else from being mapped to it."

Then re-map your throttle to the FS2 throttle axis setting.