Posts by Bellah1z

We are going to have a lot of fun with this helicopter, thanks for listening.

Blown my mind already and have totally lost interest in MSFS 2020 launch., you guys have nailed this one to the wall.

I am now think double throttle on the collective in future and wher I am going to buy one , maybe Komodo.

Keeping the dream alive Aerofly:)

The flight info at the top reads ground speed too, you know :)

The R22 is a slow aircraft in reality. It doesn't have that much power and is a small and light helicopter.

The upcoming EC135 will get you places much quicker! 150kt indicated is pretty quick :)

H I hated the r22 until I started flying it ( for real) and now I love the aircraft, its hard work and squirrel like to fly but once you get the feel its like a little go cart , go anywhere but it likes a solo pilot. I thankyou for adding it to this sim as you have given it a beautiful treatment. I cruise at 75 to 85 KIAS and its plenty fast enough !

Slightly off topic but I was practising jammed controls in the r22 and it was not working and I was quite annoyed until I then discovered somehow the profi switch was off, I switched it back and all was good, back in a near perfect r22 that acts like the real aircraft! It reminded me how damn good you guys have the r22 programmed. Simply brilliant.

That's alright. We understand that the team at Aerofly isn't the biggest, however they are the most talented bunch out there. You guys perfect whatever you do and we as a community appreciate that to the fullest 😊

I appreciate Aerofly Devs balance their time now between planks and rotary wings. Thankyou Aerofly for looking after the heli simmers.

I did the test on the runway 03L - 21R of Travis air base, the runway is approximately 2.1 mn, and I covered this distance in 2 minutes with the r22, this gives an average speed of approximately 55 kts, being that in the panel of the r22 was scoring 100 kts, I hope they fix this bug

Did you take into account windspeed? I was flying 100 kIAS yesterday in an R44 and the GPS was reading groundspeed of 60KIAS.

Compared to the quality of IPACS add on scenery, they can 😊

Let’s hope for some more good stuff until FS2020 is released and more people abandon AFS2. Really hope IPACS doesn’t lose interest due to the probably very low ROI then 🙁

Well the Heli, Gliders, fast jets and VR fans wont be going to MSFS 2020 .... they dont have anything for them !

Thanks for trying and I am still not bored with the Lynx so its Lynx business as usual for me.

I find myself having to build a new PC and am planning on components that should be good for games coming down the road (but affordable for an old retiree). I really like FS2, especially for the low, slow VFR experience. So this morning I get this wild thought: Would it be possible to go VR now? Can it be affordable (as in "selling it to wife.") Is it worth it? What brands seem to be well thought of? A lot of VR commenters here seem to really like it, while others seem to have tech issues.

I’d appreciate any VR recommendations/lesson learned/etc. you experienced VR folks would like to pass along. Especially like to know approx cost range to get a VR set up that works well enough.

If it helps, my new system specs include: MSI B450 mobo, AMD RYZEN 5 3600 CPU (3.6 to 4.2 GHz), Radeon RX-580 GPU (8gb VRAM), 16gb G.Skill DDR4 3200, 512gb SSD.

Thanks for any thoughts!

I have three VR HMD , Vive pro, Samsung Odyssey and a HP Reverb V2 . For Flight sims the Reverb is magnificent , easy to use easy to setup and 1/3 price of the Vive Pro. The Pro is good for FPS typ games as you need to move around the room . Go for VR its about 500 Pounds for you guys and well worth it.

I'm afraid the Stallion is proving difficult to tame. Now I have added engines 2 and 3 she is not allowing me to set things up. As soon as the rotor speed builds up it rears backwards and rolls left.

Visualising the axis and the way blades move for 2 and 4 blades are quite easy, 3 and 6 become harder but 5 and 7 are pretty much impossible for my tiny brain at the moment. Not being able to see what happens when I make adjustments is like trying to touch someone when you have a blindfold on and they keep moving.

All good fun but pretty soul destroying at times.

Steve

Steve you are a retired Lynx pilot and current Aerofly Guru that gives you the biggest kahunas and bigest6 brains here mate! I am still loving flying your Lynx you gifted us every day ! The cold and dark start up I have down pat and it just immerses you in the sim, thankyou.

First the Lynx now this is heading our way. Rotary wing heaven , thanks for looking after the Heli guys and girls here as over at MSFS (Microsoft Fantasy Simulator ) 2020 no one gives a hoot!