Posts by vogel69

I may be wrong, but I'm used to working with shapefile files, because it's pretty simple and convenient to work with. I use QGIS, Gdal script and other home made tools to add elements, columns, attributes, etc in order to enrich my sources files... I also work with Scenproc and a lot with Gdal and I don't think it supports .osm files in writing but just as reading. but it's just my feeling on it of course ;)

Hello prokitektura,

I take advantage that of your are here ;) I don't know if it is already possible in blender OSM but for me your plugin will be very useful for us if:

1/ it support shapefile format as input. ( it is a much more malleable format to me)

2/ and so that it is possible to setup names of the columns to parse:

-> category

-> height

-> base altitude

-> roof type

3/ add possibility to assign a custom tileable building texture according to "category" (house, tall building, farm, etc...) for example

etc...

Hi Patrice,

Good question, it is true that it is not very clear. first of all know that unlike FSX for example, no need to declare anything, AFS2 check addons folders at startup.

then, for the two Addons folders this seems to be related to the steam version. I imagine that addons purchased on steam are installed in the steam folder and other addons are installed in the folder "My documents".

For " La Martinique", in fact no matter where you install it... it should work. but since this is not a steam addon I will tend to choose the addon folder in "My Documents".

>> My documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery\Martinique

Maybe it should be level 10 or level 11 size.

My idea is that by working on fixed sized squares, people could share their cultivation work easily.

In my Martinique Scenery I use Level13 square for vegetation ;)

if the drill is dense, it already makes a lot of trees per .toc file. many of us had .toc file saturation problems resulting in the appearance of empty strip in forests, probably linked to a limit of the allowed number of trees per .toc file (if I remember well something between 100,000 and 150,000) ... this empty strip effect is linked to the tree detection algorithm organized classically by starting at the top left of the image to finish at the bottom right (so the .toc line are sorted like that). The solution I used to avoid these empty strips is random sorting of my trees before applying a tree number limitation at each toc file in order to lower the density.

it no show up in AFS map ;)

here is my cultivation.tsc:

for better readability, I have removed all block for each .toc file. And for information my cultivation folder contain only this .tsc file & declared .toc files

thanks to Trespassers for the tip ;)

so you could try with Arno first script:

just replace:

annemasse.osm by your osm filename and path >> example: C:\Temp\Hawai.osm

airport.shp by your area exclusion file >> example: C:\Temp\airport.kml

Hi Nickhod and many thanks to work with & for us like you do with Aeroscenery :thumbup:

My preferred order:

1/ Smooth coastline transparency using OSM coastline data (AFS2 RGB values of sea color are R:7 G:23 B:46)

2/ Automatic image processing of stitched images (brightness / saturation... and if possible: overall hue region detection, "color matching" between region detected.

3/ Worldwide high-resolution elevation data download (from USGS) or from ALOS jaxa data >> http://www.eorc.jaxa.jp/ALOS/en/aw3d30/

something like this... no tested but it should work ;)

many thanks to all for your kind words:)

Rune-ENHD

official SDK doc:

https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.php/start

with great video tutorial on most part of the work >> https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.php/sdk:scenerydev4

interresting post on this forum:

OpenStreetMaps, ScenProc, building floors and Cultivation >> https://www.aerofly.com/community/foru…nd-cultivation/

Help Creating AeroScenery (aka Ortho4FS2) >> Help Creating AeroScenery (aka Ortho4FS2)

Creating terrain heightmaps >> Creating terrain heightmaps

And you will find a lot of information on fsdeveloper forum, even if it is not the same simulator the most part of the work is identical ... For the particularities related to Aerofly FS2 you will find your happiness in the wiki of the SDK (link upper) and in many post of this forum. :thumbup:

fSdevelopper et Scenproc >>https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/scenproc.131/

Of course ! Those data are a gold mine for scenery developers... :love:

It is very accurate LIDAR data, from which you can:

- generate a very precise elevation data set

- If the LIDAR data are well sorted you can also deduce the height of the buildings +/- their altitude.

we just have to find the tools and tips to be able to exploit those data and integrate it with your OSM data.