Posts by Clipper747pa

I like the idea of an additional 737-NG / MAX (whatever) with a glass cockpit,

but please let‘s keep one airliner with an analog cockpit, so we can admire the old days and enjoy navigating that way (... it‘s already compromised with an FMS;-)

Good deal, Cipper747pa! I just select a different view to get out of the dev cam mode.

I'm so glad it's working for you now. Have fun!

thanks again for "exploring" FS2 :)

By the way: when I worked for Pan Am back in the 80's , I once had a chance to visit a C5 from the inside. What an aircraft I still remember the double throttle set because of the wide center console;-)

We saw them a lot around FRA airbase at that time.

by the way...

I did some testing and the dev view works fine during replays and my MAC did not crash again :):thumbup:

Some notes:

If you are in "live" mode and hit F8, the SIM goes in some sort of pause mode with regard to the plane. Sound is off and engines stop.

One can move around beautifully., but there is no movement of the plane.

I just mention it, so you do not wonder if this occurs to you, too.

I was not aware of this in the first place.

Getting out of this mode is easy: just hit escape

well...?(

what seems to work beautifully on WIN computers, doesn't actually work right away on MAC's.

I started using the key combinations (using the FN in addition to get F8), .... something changed in the view and I tried to also use S, W, L and so on, but to my surprise, .... for the first time ever(!), my MAC not only crashed to desktop so to say, but actually shut down completely.....

...I am up and running again and the big question is: how to get this dev view working on a MAC

Am I missing something?

Any ideas?

Hawker77, can you help?

Cheers and thanks in advance

awesome stuff!!!!:):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

...I totally agree with you , watching these big birds is amazing.

I went the same way , XP11..., approaching..., landing... and then I placed myself at the threshold, watching a crosswind landing.

Do you remember the 727??? ...and its flap system? a beauty

I enjoy FS2 very much, but I missed that freedom to place myself where I wanted to.

How did you find these things out?

This creates a totally new FS2 experience, I am excited

Thank you!

I guess, just with regard to the aircrafts itself, it comes down to the old notion

- shall have (e.g. cold and dark feature, so more system depth)

- should have (e.g. FMS with more features, weight and balance)

- nice to have (e.g. Cabin, doors and hatches to be opened)

..I did not dare to raise environmental issues like dockable jetways, pushback, other traffic, more weather options, real weather(!), ATC, ......

:)

... a lot of wishes and a great challenge for IPACS to select the next features they will be working on.

even more so, as the mobile players demand the same features as the WIN, STEAM and MAC users,...and all at the same time.

So how do I get this update, the App store doesn't mention it?

...this is weird.

I got it during the weekend thru the "update" section in the App Store on my MAC.

This however does only work, if you have FS 2020 installed in the first place (forgive me this remark;-). But you should also get it thru a fresh installation

Apple still has to approve it

...so this would actually surprise me, as the update is already available in the App Store because I was able do get it.

The only situation I could possibly think of, that would create a different picture on other MAC's might be thru different IOS versions.

I do use Catalina, but I honestly do not believe, that the update does require Catalina.

But it also has new wings, so it would be a hole new aircraft that has different physics.

It also has a different cockpit and new engines.

I think it would be better if they add a

b737-800 or a helicopter

..to be honest, I was just kidding. You are absolutely right about the complexity of the changes.

With regard to diversity I would also like to see a B737- 800 (or MAX?), but how about a STOL capable transport like the C17 or the A400M?

we will see....

... on the iPad FS2 2020, the 777 was already just outstanding

... but on a 27" MAC with yoke and the other hardware ist is just spectacular to fly!!:thumbup:

P.S.:

@IPACS

I do not want to appear ungrateful;-), but as we saw the successful maiden flight of the 777-X yesterday....., wouldn't it be great to have this new aircraft also in FS2?

... just add a little foldable wingtip here and there;-)

... add a little stretch to the fuselage

and off we go

^^

We're talking about a mobile version with 20+ aircraft for a tenth of the price of one of these add-ons. You can't really compare these two worlds.

you are absolutely right and it was not my intention to directly compare those sims! - FS 2 mobile really has a lot of outstanding features, that other mobile sims have not and do not get close to.

The visual, the A/C quality, the scenery, just to start with:-)

the 777 itself is such a beauty, with incredible sound, the animations are outstanding

just this is worth the money.

You are right, the system depth does not come close to PMDG or the XP11 hits like the ZIBO 737-800, but I did not regret the purchase at all!!

Why not do it like other providers who allow certified downloads from their own websites?

The basic software could remain in the App Store and only add-ons such as those offered by FlightSim, ORBX and SIMMARKET as well as Flight-Sim.org and FSCloudPort.com could be directly downloadable.

Tschüss, Michael (III)

This does definitely sound like a feasible plan! - both from the dev's side as well as the customers side.

It would probably just require a serial Nbr/licence verification feature to prevent misuse.

I really appreciate all of the work that you put into Aerofly. I just wish that the Mac side got the same amount of love that the Windows side gets... X-Plane 11 is Mac,Win,Linux and fully installed exceeds 60GB. I have never had an issue with updates on X-Plane 11. Maybe you can observe how they do it...

well, X-Plane does not use the AppStore for a start:-)

and I also love the AF FS 2020 version! :thumbup:

I only fly the Netherlands DLC because it is very suitable for VFR and I can navigate to VFR objects. It is not entirely real, but comes very close to reality.

I can recommend Netherlands.

i totally agree. VFR wise it is absolutely great. I do find all the spots I visited in real life.

IFR wise it is disappointing. No ILS whatsoever