Posts by Clipper747pa

Happy for the new additions but no Swiss option? This would mean keeping both apps installed which doesn't make a huge amount of sense with regards to storage etc.

yes, absolutely right! - please, please make Suisse also available, as it is in the 2019 version

....as it should not be much of a programming/development problem, anyway?

I would love to fly a ferry in a 777 from ZRH to GVA:-)

The Aerofly FS 2020 is going to include all of the aircraft that you see here: https://www.aerofly.com/features/aircraft/ as well as the new B777-300ER.

If you are already familiar with the Aerofly FS 2 PC version, the mobile version is going to offer pretty much the same aircraft functionality (with additional functionality that has been developed recently) and a very large flying region, bigger than the default PC version but not quite as big as the PC version with all free DLCs installed. I'm estimating that the flying region is at least 5 times larger than the current Aerofly FS 2019 region with beautiful new landscapes. Obviously the PC version has higher resolution ground images and aircraft textures, where file size is not nearly as critical. But still the new Aerofly FS 2020 is going to offer quite an impressive region for a price less than what I spend last evening for a two glasses of water. :)

From our experience most users prefer apps that don't depend on in-app purchases to work. We like to include a lot of content in the base package instead of having tiny but expensive little upgrades and we also do not include any advertisements that interrupts the game play every 30 seconds. I personally enjoy this a lot more than having a free app without any content (unless you spend actual money) and with loads of ads.

And you can take Aerofly FS 2020 with you, fly it whilst commuting or in the commercial break on your favorite TV series without having to start up the PC, etc. I'm still looking forward to seeing the first picture of someone flying in an actual airplane whilst flying the same route in aerofly .

...you did not mention the A380

I use both the MAC and the IOS mobile version. The MAC version does not have the A380, but the FS2019 on IOS does.

Do you really take the A380 out of the mobile?,....and if yes, why?

We would love to bring this to Mac but there are technically issues on the Apple store that makes it impossible for us to update the base aerofly without uploading the entire aerofly and at the moment this just never completes without an error message. We have tried for two weeks without success and obviously contacted their support but didn't yet get the help we needed. Unless this is fixed on their side we can't do much here, not in our hands we have tried everything. But we have not given up yet on the Mac side, we'll just have to find ways around this.

Please do not give up!

I am aware, that the MAC community is outnumbered by the WIN customers, but I guess we are a group of serious customers and long term as well!

I truly appreciate your effort in this quest

Hi,

I am very impressed about these new opportunities!!!

maybe I missed something, but

...is ATC for FS2 also avaialble for macOS Catalina?

and is there already one comprehensive document that completely guides us thru the entire process, with regard to

a) what to download

b) what to install in what sequence

c) differences between macOS and WIN installation

c) how to retrieve the trial license

and so on?

the website just lists a number of documents and programs.

Please do not get me wrong, I am not complaining at all, but my freetime is -unfortunately- very limited, so I always appreciate "easy to handle" installation methods.

...and no, I am not lazy;-)

Cheers

Hi guys,

...I almost forgot! .... with regard to KORD and KMDW missing in the ORBX scenery

Download these airports from FS cloudport. They are even equipped with ILS !!!!

They also have a good level of detail (buildings and other aircraft) and it is fun to "shuttle" between Meigs and the other two airports in different weather conditions!!

FS cloudport currently has 2554 airports in 156 countries, admittedly in various levels of details, but, after all;-) .... a runway is a runway :)

happy landings

It isn't only a problem with Orbx scenery: there are a lot of default IPACS airports that show an ILS on the NAV page while there actually isn't one: no way of knowing this until you reach your destination and notice the ILS won't work. This problem has been known for 'ages' but nothing has been done about it. IPACS usually says this will be solved in the future, like with the upcoming ATC, but we've been waiting for ATC for years and recently it was announced it won't be here anytime soon.

The best thing you can do is to enjoy AFS2 for what it is and try to ignore the bugs and missing features.

EDIT

Small tip to overcome this problem: I am not bothered with this problem because I only fly with the Q400 and always use the VNAV option: it can be used in AFS2 on EVERY runway, even the ones without any guidance in real life. The only other plane I fly is the JustFlight Arrow and I never fly 'published approaches' with that one.

Thanks Flamingpie for the insight

For "heavy" IFR flights I use XP11 anyways.

But especially with the Q400 and its HUG capabilities, an ILS approach in IMC is a lot of fun.

HUG becomes more and more used as a human/machine interface in real aviation.

So this is a very realistic simulation and it bothers me a bit, that I cannot use the simulation to its full extent

cheers

@IPACS:

Would you please comment on the prescribed situation:

- Is our observation, that ILS signals do not work anymore if ORBX software is also installed, correct?

• If yes, what can be done by us users?
    • if yes, do you and ORBX work on a bugfix?

- if no, what is your assumption, why so many users encounter this, despite the set frequencies correspond with the free. mentioned in the NAV page

Thanks for your reply

cheers

Hi,

I am new to this subject, as I just bought Netherlands and Palm Springs from ORBX.

First I started to use the new scenery, but on every approach to ILS equipped runways, there was no LOC or GS beam (rest assured I know how to tune ILS ;-). I tried several aircraft, but to no avail either.

Then I tried several ILS approaches to IPACS "regular" airports, such as Camarillo, San Diego etc. , same thing, it seems like all the ILS 'es are gone

Then I looked it up in this thread, but I did not find a post, that the problem is cured?

Anyone with similar encounters?

Cheers

Sadly the update process via the apple store isn't as quick as via steam, will take a bit longer.

Hi,

coming back to your announcement for the MAC release two weeks ago , pls let us know about the status:

Is the update still in the approval process of Apple

or

has the update not been filed with their approval team yet?

Cheers & Thanks for an update

P.S.:

I am just asking, because the current version does not even work properly on my new MAC

(I already filed a note on that)

Hi again,

maybe nobody felt addressed by my post, as I did not get an answer yet, .... my mistake.

Thus, I would like to place my question directly to any official of IPACS again:

Is the MAC update just still in the approval process of Apple

or

has the update not been filed with their approval team yet?

...just to get some sort of feeling, if we are talking days, weeks or months for the update ;)

Sorry, for appearing a litte impatient, but I just love this simulation

(in the meantime I am using Aerofly FS 2019 on my iPad :))

Cheers

W.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

4,2 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Hi,

a few remarks on FS2019 from my side, as I am one of those guys who really bought every version available for the MAC's as well as IOS tablets since the beginning of IPACS.

• absolutely great SIM for my iPAD pro, stunning graphics without blurry etc., works even better with Apple TV on a large TV screen:-)
    • I am also ok with setting this up as a new product but not an upgrade to FS2, as the software truly takes FS one step further!
    • but why is Switzerland not included??
      • It's already there, nothing has to be programmed
      • It works perfectly on my iPad with FS2
      • so please, make Switzerland available for FS2019 asap*
      • and, just as we are talking already about it, NYC as well, please

Cheers

A last remark from a longtime customer:

If you are planning to make Switzerland available only with an additional purchase, please consider at least a discount for existing owners of that scenery, but better a simple rollout for existing customers (unless you have had relevant cost in programming)

With all due respect, claiming that Mac updates may take a little bit longer seems a little disingenuous. We have been waiting since February to simply be able to use the NY scenery that exists on the Windows side. Please do not say that this is a development issue. It seems to me you are simply choosing not to deal with the Mac App Store. Dare I ask when this new update will find its way to the Mac version?

(I get that you are merely the cook and do not own the restaurant, but you have assumed the role of maitre d and our table is taking way too long!)

....or at least make the Swiss scenery available. It worked very well on the iMac as a stand alone version of AreofFly

...I guess, this would not be too much work;-)

I would also favor a MAC section, because many software related issues do only affect the MAC version, e.g.:

- all the nice sceneries are not yet available,

- and if they were available, how will we buy them? - over the APP Store?

- fs Widgets has an issue with the MAC version

- etc.