Posts by Clipper747pa

good question

the websites state an availability that does not exist (yet!), but they are working on it i was told.

ORBX does also have no sceneries for the mac version yet.

Also do not buy FS widgets, as this is also not yet compatible with the MAC version (there is still a connection error)

..that is at least my latest knowledge, maybe somebody has more news on this?

No, this should not be the case. The base Aerofly FS 2 on Mac and Windows are the same. They just differ in some quality settings, but not in the quality of the aerial images. We intend to offer our Windows DLCs on the Mac as well, its slightly difficult however using the Mac App Store.

Hi,

do you have any update on the availability of the other sceneries also for the Mac version, e.g. East Coast and NYC, or Innsbruck?

thanks for the info

Cheers, W.

Hi Ed and Ray, thanks for your helpful suggestions, G8tr is now up and running once the local IP address was plugged in.

As for the Mac edition users of AFS2 (psionmark and others), thanks for getting in touch with us over the last few days and there does indeed appear to be an issue that is not present in the Windows edition. We have been in touch directly with the AFS2 dev team, please be assured a fix is coming.

Hi,

...that is good news.

I do appreciate, you folks work on that issue!:|

I do, however not appreciate, that neither Aerofly FS nor FSWidgets put a remark on their website, that the combination of iPad app FSWidgets and MAC AeroflyFS2 will not be able to communicate yet.:(

I bought the FSWidgets bundle today (69€, if I remember correctly), and since hours I checked and checked, why the connection between iGMapHD on my iPad pro and the Areofly FS2 version on my MAC did not connect ( checked IP setting, Port 58585, same WLAN network, nothing with Firewall, in Aerofly slider on ON for the FSWidgets Connection...), as stated both by FSWidgets and Aerofly FS2

I hope you folks come up with something soon, because on your websites you really put some effort into the description, how easy both programs will be able to connect, I quote:

"Network Support Built In

Any FSWidgets mobile or desktop app that relies on the Network Pack can now connect to Aerofly FS 2 (Windows & Mac) directly - no plugin required.

How To Enable Support

1. Aerofly FS 2 - Go to Settings > Miscellaneous and turn it on.

2. FSWidgets App - Go to Settings, enter IP address of sim PC and port 58585."

I admit, I feel a little led up the garden path...

Cheers, W.

Hi,

I recommend the website to be modified as it is misleading with regard to the scenery included. It states:

"Lots of additional features
    (...)
    Included cities - Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Reno, Phoenix, Tucson, New York, Salt Lake City, Denver and San Diego"
    (...)

NYC is definitely not included in the Aerofly FS2 download for the MAC and it cannot be purchased nor downloaded as published in the Wiki, as Stream does not allow you to purchase it (it recognizes WIN versions only, I guess and i Did include Aerofly FS2 in the game section).

and be aware: ORBX sceneries (e.g. LOWI) do also not work in the MAC version, as they again require a WIN based installation program (FTX central).

Happy Landings

BUT:

other than that, I do love AeroFly FS2 for the MAC!!!!