Posts by W.B.

I feel that this survey is a playground of a clique with some members such as xplane, orbx and those frequent participants in the FSexpo. Only less than 18k respondents (and the respondents are majorly their customers). The number of FS players in my country alone is more than that, and I doubt 99% of them didn’t take that survey. Not to mention many in others.

They list infinite flight, xpmobile but surprisingly didn’t add Aerofly mobile as an option. Clearly Aerofly mobile has great number of users. I don’t know how much did infinite flight and XP fund this survey but I’m afraid this survey is with bias and intend to guide the market and customers to fit the interests of certain developers. These statistics are far from convincing to depict a map of the whole FS market.

So to IPACS teams and all Aerofly enthusiasts: don’t be bothered by this result, one subjective and limited survey absolutely can’t deny the fact that Aerofly is a great sim and the future is hopeful. But on the other hand I do feel Aerofly need to advertise itself more.

Recently many new players (mostly mobile) complain that they are unable to get started because they can’t understand the voice tutorial in English of the flight school.

I wonder if it is possible to add subtitle (in several major languages) for this? Perhaps it’s beneficial for building the brand and getting more customers.

As a Chinese, I’m happy to help translating the Chinese version.:) I’m sure it’s better than using Google translator. Maybe some other community members from other countries can do the work of their languages so we can save the developers some time.

Hi, I strictly follow the instruction on the wiki but the geoconvert SDK fails to generate any file in the scenery/images folder.

I put the image (.bmp) file and .inf file into the input_aerial_images folder. Then using inf2tfwconverter to generate a .tfw file in the same folder. Then I change the NW and SE corner coordinates in the config-sample-only.tmc file, from level 9-14. Rounding up to 2 digits after the decimal. Then I run the config-sample-only.bat file. The generation is suddenly completed(green), and there’s no output files, only an .aid file in the input_.._images folder. Did I miss any step?

The generation process took a long time at the very first time I run the converter, that time it showed “completed” but still no output. After that every time I run the converter, the conversion completed instantly (apparently it didn’t work). Why would that happen?

I mean the any news about the Italy scenery this thread opened for:P

Will its out date be put off due to the release of 777? Is that an IPACS official project or a third party one?

The airport contained is KBOS, a mega international airport. What are the orbx ones? Even though they are highly detailed, no one can accommodate planes bigger than Boeing 757. This kind of airport is what orbx won’t be willing to develop even for the other two platforms and will never develop for AFS2, then why do you guys mention orbx? Besides Schiphol is also done cursorily.

We should really thank the three developers’ courage to choose this site. This is the scenery that really push Aerofly forward, this is the kind of scenery and airport that the majority of players need! Look at how well the new AFS2020 mobile sells. Why? Because of the new 777: simmers love flying airliners! Aerofly can never be popular if only cater those of you who fly those tiny baby airplanes. Yes, the airport looks ugly, especially the terminals, but what do you expect from three guys who first step into this field? A flyTampa quality airport? You know this is not gonna happen for Aerofly now. Anyway, I think this is a good start for third party airports, real kind of airport, not grassfields or municipals.

In addition, the city is done quite good. There are much more POIs and details than I thought. Although some downtown buildings use ugly textures (TE NL also use that), overall it looks nice, no to mention this is done by only three people.

In sum I really appreciate the three developers for presenting us this scenery. It’s a good start, keep going!

Will this DLC be available on steam in the future? I have a penchant to add new stuff to my steam repository and I’d like to keep all my AFS2 DLCs uniformly via steam. If not, I’d buy it on

simmarket today.

I thoroughly love the city view but I hope Logan airport can get some updates and some building texture can be improved in the future.

Yes!!What a wonderful Christmas gift! I’ve expected sceneries around NY DLC for a long time. Dream finally comes true! Thank the devs. so much! I would like to see some POIs such as the MIT Great Dome, Stata Center and Hancock Tower.

Will the scenery cover the whole state or just Boston area?

Not Italy, much closer to home.

I guess home means Germany to you guys? I hope it’s Frankfurt plus Black Forest to the south. I’ve only been there for once but I’m very fond of that place.

P.S. It would be a nice connection between the Swiss and Netherlands scenery.

P.P.S. EDDF will be an awesome airport to fly.

Well, just guessing, for fun.^^

Just download the mobile version, the sound pack of the GE90 engine is really awesome:D. Looking forward to see the 777 on PC.