Posts by W.B.

The airport contained is KBOS, a mega international airport. What are the orbx ones? Even though they are highly detailed, no one can accommodate planes bigger than Boeing 757. This kind of airport is what orbx won’t be willing to develop even for the other two platforms and will never develop for AFS2, then why do you guys mention orbx? Besides Schiphol is also done cursorily.

We should really thank the three developers’ courage to choose this site. This is the scenery that really push Aerofly forward, this is the kind of scenery and airport that the majority of players need! Look at how well the new AFS2020 mobile sells. Why? Because of the new 777: simmers love flying airliners! Aerofly can never be popular if only cater those of you who fly those tiny baby airplanes. Yes, the airport looks ugly, especially the terminals, but what do you expect from three guys who first step into this field? A flyTampa quality airport? You know this is not gonna happen for Aerofly now. Anyway, I think this is a good start for third party airports, real kind of airport, not grassfields or municipals.

In addition, the city is done quite good. There are much more POIs and details than I thought. Although some downtown buildings use ugly textures (TE NL also use that), overall it looks nice, no to mention this is done by only three people.

In sum I really appreciate the three developers for presenting us this scenery. It’s a good start, keep going!

Will this DLC be available on steam in the future? I have a penchant to add new stuff to my steam repository and I’d like to keep all my AFS2 DLCs uniformly via steam. If not, I’d buy it on

simmarket today.

I thoroughly love the city view but I hope Logan airport can get some updates and some building texture can be improved in the future.

Yes!!What a wonderful Christmas gift! I’ve expected sceneries around NY DLC for a long time. Dream finally comes true! Thank the devs. so much! I would like to see some POIs such as the MIT Great Dome, Stata Center and Hancock Tower.

Will the scenery cover the whole state or just Boston area?

Not Italy, much closer to home.

I guess home means Germany to you guys? I hope it’s Frankfurt plus Black Forest to the south. I’ve only been there for once but I’m very fond of that place.

P.S. It would be a nice connection between the Swiss and Netherlands scenery.

P.P.S. EDDF will be an awesome airport to fly.

Well, just guessing, for fun.^^

The new iOS devices are extremely powerful so in theory we could add a lot more detail

The chips are indeed powerful, but heat emission has been a huge problem since iPhone X due to the double motherboard design. It’s a bit of struggling for my iPhone XS MAX to even run the FS2019. The phone simply gets too hot after ten minutes of flying and the frame rate severely drops.

My best guess is that Northern California, Oregon and Washington will be added as default scenery

If true, then the PC folks will go bananas and be screaming for the Pacific Northwest be added to the desktop versions.

If you look at the full map of the continental USA you will see WA and OR and northern CA, AND a much larger New York area than is included in the DLC. A good guess would be all of these areas will be included in future scenery expansions.

Hmmm:/, indeed it’s been a long long time since last time IPACS released new scenery. They must have done something.

It’s always dream for us PC players to have PNW in Aerofly, years ago orbx announced their TE project and Aerofly was their first choice for this region. It’s really frustrating that it is aborted and they move every resource away from Aerofly to build X-plane product. However, on the other hand, I think it’s even better if IPACS build the PNW scenery themselves, because of much better airports. Nowadays orbx has expand their TE US X-plane product south to our California (I feel that’s a bit of humiliation to Aerofly:cursing:, and I even get angry with X-PLANE and use it less:D), but I don’t think it looks very good comparing with its predecessors. I use autogen downloaded from the org for San Francisco Bay, except water and some building textures, the default scenery plus a free addon doesn’t look worse than the renowned orbx TE scenery. So we have every reason to believe IPACS can build the PNW region even better. As for the possibility that they will bring it to the mobile version first, I don’t think it’s a big deal, they will come to desktop, eventually.

Personally, I would most want to see new DC or Boston scenery to extend my favorite NY DLC if those “maps with different colors” do mean something ;). But I don’t think New York is going to show up in the next mobile version, the scenery is too complexed.

My guess:

Look at the actual map. As you can see there’s a different color toward east California. It’s about 5 times the actual area. I think that this area will be the futur scenery. If I’am true. Wow. Wow. Wow wow and wow again.

It won’t be that huge, as mentioned before, the new flying region will be larger than the default PC scenery, which is California + Nevada +Arizona. But not as big as the sum of all free DLCs, which is the three states above + Utah and Colorado. Maybe Colorado won’t be on the list. Not to mention Oregon or even Washington, they don’t even exist in the PC version.

The Aerofly FS 2020 is going to include all of the aircraft that you see here: https://www.aerofly.com/features/aircraft/ as well as the new B777-300ER.

If you are already familiar with the Aerofly FS 2 PC version, the mobile version is going to offer pretty much the same aircraft functionality (with additional functionality that has been developed recently) and a very large flying region, bigger than the default PC version but not quite as big as the PC version with all free DLCs installed. I'm estimating that the flying region is at least 5 times larger than the current Aerofly FS 2019 region with beautiful new landscapes. Obviously the PC version has higher resolution ground images and aircraft textures, where file size is not nearly as critical. But still the new Aerofly FS 2020 is going to offer quite an impressive region for a price less than what I spend last evening for a two glasses of water. :)

From our experience most users prefer apps that don't depend on in-app purchases to work. We like to include a lot of content in the base package instead of having tiny but expensive little upgrades and we also do not include any advertisements that interrupts the game play every 30 seconds. I personally enjoy this a lot more than having a free app without any content (unless you spend actual money) and with loads of ads.

And you can take Aerofly FS 2020 with you, fly it whilst commuting or in the commercial break on your favorite TV series without having to start up the PC, etc. I'm still looking forward to seeing the first picture of someone flying in an actual airplane whilst flying the same route in aerofly .

Sounds fair, wish this FS2020 good luck:thumbup:. After all, PC simmers like me expect your mobile version to sell well so that the PC version can keep going.;)

bigger than the default PC version but not quite as big as the PC version with all free DLCs installed. I'm estimating that the flying region is at least 5 times larger than the current Aerofly FS 2019 region with beautiful new landscapes.

Default PC area plus Utah but without Colorado I guess? Then what will be the size and image resolution? AF2019 has already trade-off between the app size and the image quality. This one can be even tougher.

Although I’m a PC simmer and seldom play the mobile version, recently the thread (originally asking about the MFS2020 but accidentally lead to a new ‘Aerofly FS 2020’) in the PC forum about this FS2020 makes me confused.

What can be expected from this new sim? 777? Some new scenery? Why not using in-app purchase but to release a new app? Although I’m fine with spending some other trivia money for features I already enjoy in the PC version on my iPhone. I’m just afraid many other mobile players will be disappointed or even angry about this decision. If the new app has plenty of new features, it’s ok to release it as a new app. But is it? And one app a year may lead to loss in customers and blemish in the brand.

So I hope IPACS can consider this decision discreetly.