Posts by Pokredde

I just turned on easy mode and tried controlling the anti torque pedals with the stick on the touch controller to replicate your issue. I’m afraid I couldn’t. In pedal turns the speed was the same in both directions. I know it’s not much consolation but wanted to report my findings.

Thank you for trying.

I'm envious :)

I finally bit the bullet and uninstalled ASF2 and reinstalled it (Steam version).

It took about 20 hours ||

Unfortunately it didn't help ;(

When hovering a left rudder 360 rotation still takes 1:56 minute and a right rotation only 8 sec in R22/Oculus using VR-controller thumbstick.

It's just not as immersive to fly the R22 with Hotas as with VR hands.

I really really cross my fingers for your guys to find the cure :saint:

Do you think perhaps there is something wrong with your Oculus Touch controller joystick? I just can't recreate this no matter what I try. Also, to answer your question directly, no there is no need to uninstall Aerofly. You need to give us more time with this one. Something may have gotten corrupted when you updated.

It's just wierd that it's 100% isolated to the R22 only in VR and easy mode.

Everything else (also all other gametitles) works perfect.

I will be patient and hope for some fix in the future. It's hard though with this new masterpiece =O

Is it possible to run the update again to fix this possible corruption (not integrity check in Steam)?

@

Jet-Pack and drhotwing1

Is last resort now to completely remove ASF2 and installing all over again?

I ask because due to my slow internet connection it wil take approximately 20-25 hours downloading all scenery and addons again ||

Will it perhaps matter?

EDIT:

I have just made some time measurements:

In VR and stable hovering (not descending or climbing).

A left 360 rotation took 1:56 minute and a right rotation only 8 sec.

The turn rate is affected by the physics simulation though. If you press left pedal the tail rotor has to create even more thrust and the engine loses some power for that and you'll need to put in more collective which makes it even harder to turn left. Where as when you turn right you reduce the pitch of the tail rotor blades, the engine has more power, you even start climbing but you spin right much quicker. Imagine you had no tail, then you'd spin right like crazy.

There shouldn't be a difference with turning left in vr vs. non vr though.

Yes, the difference between VR an non VR is odd.

The physical aspect just proves how accurate this simulator is. Amazing 👍

Maybe Capt Haddock is able to send his TM file for comparison. Hopefully there is a pattern to why we both experience wierd rudder in easy mode?

(C:\Users\...\MyDocuments\Aerofly FS 2)

EDIT:

I have just made some time measurements:

In VR and stable hovering (not descending or climbing).

A left 360 rotation took 1:56 minute and a right rotation only 8 sec.

Huge difference =O

I have tested the R22 in easy mode using the Oculus Touch controllers left stick l/r and it's good alone, and also using rudder pedals connected I tested a combination of pedals and controller stick and it's also good with no problems.

Keep in mind, easy mode is meant to assist you if you over control as well, maybe you are just seeing more of a defined problem with the assistance enabled. In easy mode there's really no need to even use the rudder controls as the heli will fly well without input. I basically only use rudder to turn for landing alignment.

So in essence, there really may not be anything wrong here.

I get your point, but then I guess the rudder should behave the same way in VR and non-VR. (both easy)

And that's not the case for me.

Just to be clear, when you turn left in easy mode it takes maybe a hole minute or more to turn 360 degrees and maybe only less than 10 seconds to turn right 360 degrees?

(just estimates - have not measured it)

OK. I really see no issues here. This is a bit odd.

Let me discuss this internally to see what else can be done.

I just tested your config again here and everything works properly on my end.

This must be something odd on your end.

Okay thank you :)

It's just odd that there is no rudder problem with:

1) R22 Profi mode in VR

2) R22 Profi mode in non-VR

3) R22 Easy mode in non-VR

4) All the aircrafts in VR

5) All the aircrafts in non-VR

Only R22 in easy mode in VR is the problem with left rudder.

Integrity check in Steam didn't do the trick.

I guess last option is to completely uninstall and reinstall ASF2 ?(

Capt Haddock seems to have same issue?

I actually saw this when I first tried the R22 in easy mode (re: left pedal pressed). I assumed it was part of the help mode, to stop the helicopter spinning to the right... And it's true than in easy mode rudder is not very effective when turning left.

Personally I'd suggest turning "pro" mode on. Everything works as expected and it will be far more rewarding in the long run. Give it a try! :)

Your configuration is set up well from what I see here.

In your TM log I noticed the following line; 26.19-tmcollision: ERROR: (tm2file::LoadFile failed. error loading file 'aircraft/r22/copilot.tmc')

Have you messed with any files within the R22 folder?

Yes, noticed some error lines too with R22.

I dont see any copilot though?

This also? :

'scenery/places/DK/22 r_decal.tmb' not found

No, I have not touched any R22 files.

(I have only touched some lines in the dr400 folder back in august - I wanted to remove the visible pilot in Trespassers Dr400 mod)

The problem here is that it's very difficult to find a solution to something you can't recreate.

Can you please provide as many details as possible regarding your PC configuration and exactly what you do to set up prior to seeing this problem, including even things like wind setting.

Also, please post your TM log on here as well.

Yes, I understand.

I select the R22 and place it at grund level (helipad, runway etc.) and touch none of the instruments prior to takeoff. The selected view is of course from right seat inside R22. There is no difference using in game VR hands to control the collective vs the Oculus thumbstick. Moving the collective lever fast or slow also makes no difference.

My computer is freshly installed within the last month.

Computerspecs.:

Win10Pro 64bit

I7 9700K non oc

Gigabyte RTX2080 Gaming OC

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard

Corsair Vengiance RGB Pro 16GB 3000M

SSD 512 GB + HDD 4 TB

Oculus Rift CV1

T Flight Hotas X

Logitech G29 (only for pedals)

AFS2:

Let me know if you need more info?

I actually saw this when I first tried the R22 in easy mode (re: left pedal pressed). I assumed it was part of the help mode, to stop the helicopter spinning to the right... And it's true than in easy mode rudder is not very effective when turning left.

Personally I'd suggest turning "pro" mode on. Everything works as expected and it will be far more rewarding in the long run. Give it a try! :)

Oh, another pilot who experiences this!

Yep, I guess I have to stick with Profi mode for now until drhotwing1 and Co. hopefully find the cause and solution.

Maybe one day I will then be able to take off in Profi mode without looking like a drunk pilot taking off during a hurricane8o

OK, let us look into this a bit. I understand that you are talking about here but I just can't seem to replicate it on my end.

There's no need to uninstall Aerofly, If you have Steam version all you need to do is run the file integrity check and any bad, missing, or corrupt files will automatically be replaced, but if not, please don't do anything just yet until we dig into it a bit deeper for you.

Okay i'll wait.

Thank you so much for looking into it and trying to help me :)

In the meantime I will try to do a integrity check in Steam and see if it will fix the issue.

I'm really looking forward to try the R22 in VR...

Update:

I ran a integrity check in Steam and unfortunately it made no difference,

so now I cross all my fingers and toes and hope you will find something when digging =O

Have you tried to delete (or for just testing, move to your desktop) the 'gc-map.mcf' file located in your documents\Aerofly FS 2 root folder yet? This will fully clear all controller settings from Aerofly memory. Then ONLY test with the Oculus Rift and Touch controllers connected; no rudder pedals or anything else plugged in.

Let us know the results.

I just tested this again and it all works flawlessly with Touch controllers, and even rudder (CH pedals) pedals connected and configured properly.

I have tried deleting gc-map.mcf a couple of times already, but did it again just now.

And every other controller was unplugged at computer bootup and when ASF2 was started.

Same result ?(

Right rudder is as expected but left rudder is almost impossible (the helicopter turns a little bit left and VERY slow).

Is there any way to repair AFS2 without going through downloading all scenery etc. again? (I have a very slow connection)

I guess you are using the touch joystick for the collective, not the actual virtual collective lever?

It's the third time I complain about that so the next time I just shut up, but I am surprised to be the only one who have issue using pedals and left Touch joystick at the same time, especially for R22.

Almost each time I touch the collective I touch the (virtual) pedals as well which interfere with my (hardware) pedals. For planes it is not a major issue, but for helicopters... it is.

Frankly I continue using joystick + left Touch for planes, but right now I stick with pure joystick configuration for helicopters. It works pretty fine. Well, I am still not mastering the R22, but it is definitely not mainly a controller issue...

Actually it doesn't matter if I use the thumpstick or VR hands and the virtual collective lever. Either way it's almost impossible to turn left.

I have tried disconnecting all other controllers exept the Oculus controllers. Still not able to turn left with the thumpstick.

I have narrowed my issues down to left rudder issues ONLY in the R22 in easy flight model and Only in VR.

(In profi, non-VR, and all other aircraft I'm able to turn left)

Yeah but that looks like you do have a left pedal input and are just stalling the engine and thus making it impossible to counter any torque with the tail rotor.

How much collective do you pull?

Your right that the in game pedals gradually move when I touch the collective, but even hovering a few inches above ground makes it almost impossible to turn left.

I'm also not able to turn left using the thumb stick on the Oculus controller even with no other controllers attached or assigned.

The issue is only with the R22 in easy mode in VR. Everything else works fine.

(in profi mode I'm able to turn left in VR, but my flying skills is not there yet)

When you set up the pedals on the controls screen you need to set both directions (left pedal, and right pedal) independently.

Could it be that?

I believe I have done that.

I'm also not able to turn left with Oculus controller (no other controller assigned and plugged in the pc).

The problem is only present i VR and works fine on non-VR and only with the R22 - it's killing me ||

Is there any way to reset controller settings or repair AFS2 without going through downloading all scenery etc. again? (I have a very slow connection)

I tried deleting main.mcf and gc-map.mcf. It didn't help

In VR with R22 with easy flight mode my rudder pedals looks like this when I don't touch them:

11612-udklip-jpg

In VR with R22 with Profi flight mode my rudder pedals looks like this when I don't touch them:

(and also in non-VR).

Here I have no problems turning left.

11613-udklip2-jpg

The issue is only with the R22 in easy mode in VR. Everything else works fine.

(in profi mode I'm able to turn left in VR, but my flying skills is not there yet)

Sorry if this is glaringly obvious, but I had an issue at first until I went in to Helicopter controls and saw that the various flight axis had bindings. This was after I started using pedals too. Once I deleted the bindings it all then worked again.

Thank you Raging Beard. All suggestions are welcome. Unfortunately I have already deleted All my bindings (hitting delete several times until completely gone).

It didn't help.

I desperately need to solve this so I can fly the amazing R22 I have been looking so much forward to 😥

Did you see my answer Jet-Pack?

The issue is only in VR and only with the R22 - it's killing me ||

Is there any way to reset controller settings or repair AFS2 without going through downloading all scenery etc. again? (I have a very slow connection)

I tried deleting main.mcf and gc-map.mcf. It didn't help

In VR with R22 with easy flight mode my rudder pedals looks like this when I don't touch them:

In VR with R22 with Profi flight mode my rudder pedals looks like this when I don't touch them:

(and also in non-VR).

Here I have no problems turning left.

The issue is narrowed down to R22 in easy mode in VR. Everything else works fine.

Hope this make sense to you?

And does your VR hand controller work well outside of Aerofly? i.e. do all thumb sticks (or touchpads) work correctly in the menus or in other games?

It seems to me that the controllers interfere with your pedals.

Yes, flawlesly.

The pedals and Oculus controllers also works perfect with all other aicrafts in ASF2

It seems to be only with the R22 the problem occurs.

I have tried to disable both joystick and pedals in the setup menu i ASF2 and still can't turn left with my Oculus controllers in VR.

EDIT:

Now I just tried to physical unplug all connected controllers and the left rudder in R22 is still not working with VR controllers.