Posts by aero_robert

Yes definitely.

Does SD update you position without any delay in this configuration ? I know it's not your issue, but since it's mine I would be interested if this works properly for some people...

Thanks and good luck with your conflict, hope IPACs cans help you

Cheers

Antoine

Yes, as I said it works as expected (via local-network and with x-plane 11). Position is constantly updated without delays.

Thank you Antoine,

I dont think ithe issue is on SkyDemon

If I connect to Aerofly via my local Network (iPad to PC) SD receives Data and works as expected.

If I connect to x-plane 11 it also works as expected. (even when connecting from SD running on the same machine as x-plane)

There must be a problem in Aerofly's code to fail the connection when client (SD) and Server (AF2) runnning on the same machine.

Furthermore there is a bug where AF2's IP-settings do not get saved to the main.mcf file.

Regards

Robert

When I enter a IP address into the broadcast field the value would not save...

It is always repalced by some (default) IP when I return to the settings menu. Why is that?

Also I cannot connect to SkyDemon running on the same machine

SD shows connected but does not receive position data.

Even if I change the IP to the correct IP of my machine (by editing the main.mcf file) it would not show position data

Here is my tm.log:

103.85-tm_ext_net: initializing connection 'flightinfo_broadcast' ipaddress='192.168.1.255' target_port=49002 receive_port=49002

103.85-tmsysnet_udp: ERROR: (bind failed (10013=An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.))

103.85-tmcollision: ERROR: (failed to open connection. error='An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.')

Regards

Robert

ok.. it seems this is a R22 Forum now...

Runway numbers at KLAS are outdated:

https://www.airnav.com/airport/KLAS

26R (former 25R) actually has an ILS which when I tried yesterday with the A 320 did not capture.

Regards

Robert

I thought I should add an explanation to my question:

I find it a bit frustrating to do a flight from airport A to (a not yet visited) airport B just to find out that the approach doesn't work as I arrive at my destination.

I like the way you developers work your way up by developing this software bit by bit to get it right from the get go. (which most developers don't) and I know that it it takes an awful lot of time to do it right. (as I am a developer myself)

What I find dissapointing though is when I read that you are working on a helicopter while there are still issues with the fundamentals.

I hope that the team does not loose their attitude in arranging the priorities just to please the casual gamers with eyecandy and shiny features and let the really important things (which make a simulation a simulation) slide.

Yes but if we were to decrease the brake strength of the button how should we distinguish between emergency, where you want maximum braking and normal roll out? Or would you sacrifice the max braking action and rather overrun the runway (since the runway was too short to begin with)?

I am aware of that.. thats why I asked for a setting to adjust individually to my personell taste as I indeed would sacrifice full braking action for a realistic decelleration on rollout (..I try not to mess up the landing most of the time)

Regards

Robert

Open the tmd file Look for [wheel Brake] reduce the value and save it , I have mine at .5 , make sure you back up a copy of the tmd in case things go haywire.

And this is the winner.

I now adjusted to 0.2 which makes decelleration much more realistic. You earned a Like !

Thank you much goofy:)

Regards

Robert

What is it exactly that you want to achieve with this? You want to hold the button and not get max braking ever?

Right. I dont want max. braking power.

Unless it is an emergency or you mess up your landing completely you never use that (100 %) braking force on a normal rollout.

You usually apply the Brakes gently.

Regards

Robert

Instead of holding the brakes you can repeatedly tab them for a short amount of time to get a gentle braking action.

Of course.. but thats not what I want.

I was hoping for a config value (in the aircraft file) like : <WheelBrakeStrengthPercent>100</WheelBrakeStrengthPercent>

:(

Regards

Robert

I assigned the wheelbrakes to a button on my Joystick. (On/Off)

Now when I apply brakes on rollout or taxiing the braking power seems to be a bit high. (got tire squeech every time)

Is there a way (config wise) to reduce the strength of the wheel brakes so that they dont "bite" that hard when applied?

Regards

Robert

The runway probably doesn't have a real world glide slope antenna, yet somewhere one is generated and shown as "ILS" even though there it should only be "LOC".

Since all ILSes world wide are already in our database (even if the airport is not yet included you can fly all approaches world wide already!) it is not Orbx's fault.

BTW. I found and corrected the issue with the localizer capture in Miami, the fix will probably be included in the next update.

thank you much for this info. I suppose no one knew that yet

Regards

Robert

If I place the A320 on the runway for takeoff shouldnt it be fully configured for takeoff?

I ask because if advancing the throttle lever to TO/GA and start the roll the EICAS pops a T.O Inhibit Message...

Why is that?

Regards

Robert

When I cruise at altitude and select Approach Phase in the FMC the A320 slows down...

Why is that ? And what is the right way to select APP PHASE on the FMC and also when?

Should it even be possible to select that Phase while cruising?

Another one:

Is there a Chart where I can see the HI-Resolution area of the new Content (Florida south and swiss) as I cannot see the hires boundaries in the Ingame map?

Regards

Robert