Posts by ollie

To enable VRSS, open the NVIDIA Control Panel and select Manage 3D Settings, then scroll to Virtual Reality – Variable Rate Supersampling, and change the setting to “Adaptive”.

For advanced users, the Control Panel also offers an ‘Always On’ setting that applies up to 8x supersampling regardless of performance. Note, this may bring your frame rate below the VR headset’s refresh rate and impact your experience.

VRSS is supported by the driver--no game integration required--and can be applied to DX11 VR games or application that have forward renderers and support MSAA, and have been tested by NVIDIA. At the time of writing, over 20 games meet this criteria, including:

VRSS is only visible under 'program settings' in Nvidia Control Panel if one of the 20 games (or meet the rendering criteria) is present. It is not a global setting. Thus the Nvidia statement is incorrect. It should be: ....open the NVIDIA Control Panel and select Manage 3D Settings, Program Settings, then scroll to Virtual Reality – Variable Rate Supersampling, and change the setting to “Adaptive”.

So, if you install the 441.87 driver package, don't worry if the VRSS tab is missing. It will only show up if you add a game that meets the criteria.

And, XP 11.xx where it provides for each individual aircraft to have a profile assigned that automatically loads with the respective aircraft. Sometimes even small but useful distinctions e.g. between a Spitfire, Hurricane and P51 are captured and recreated when the respective aircraft is selected in the aircraft menu. It follows that different button and joystick/yoke/throttle(s)/mixture/prop(s) assignments for single, multiple engine, turboprop and jets are accommodated in a simple, uncluttered, non-conflicted way. :)

Try limiting yourself to a 2mm stick deflection for any corrections, then you should be good :)

Helicopters are known to react to mental inputs. If you are thinking of correcting then the helicopter already reacts.

You are so right. I have had a couple of opportunities at the controls of a Jet Ranger and that is absolutely the case: sensitivity is nerve-wracking!

Mike

Jan,

Update. I've checked the settings and all controls and assignments are ok. Further, I've narrowed the issue down to just the A320, B737 (and B747). Additionally, I found that the reverser lever/switch on those planes is only recognised on engine two not on engine/throttle one (lever stays in forward position). There is no problem with the Lear and the Q400 and King Air: throttles and reversers act in unison as they should.

Mike

My throttle problem (Saitek quadrant) is a little different. When controlling twin jets, the in-sim aircraft throttles do not move in unison. Generally, throttle/engine 1 is sluggish or sticks and I have to move it over the range to bring it in line with engine 2. Retard is fine as both sticks actuate the reverser switches, However, when reverting to forward power the throttles do not keep together and cause a drift from centre on the runway.

This problem does not manifest itself in P3D, XP 11 or Flyinside Simulator, and the control set-up in AFS2 shows both axes moving in tandem.

OK, we have found and fixed the issues here.

A new update will be sent to the public Steam build shortly.

All should be working again once Aerofly patches to the new updated version.

Thank you for pointing this bug out.

That's good to hear. However, I have problems identifying the PAPI lights on approaches. They are really almost invisible until one is virtually on the threshold in VR. I have supersampling at 2.00, but still can hardly make them out in full daylight.

Regarding graphics, unlike X-plane and P3D, AFS2 does not allow for bezel compensation. I have two 16:10 monitors side by side and need to set a resolution of 3950x1200, but Aerofly only offers me the standard double of 3840x1200. Is there a way to set a custom resolution?