Posts by Vince7212

Hello Alex,

In order to better help you should provide more details. What is your configuration, which scenery is giving problem, what do you see exactly, did you also follow the general recommendations for graphic card settings and so ?

Regards,

Hi All,

Maybe a stupid question here but if I'm not wrong there are now 2 (beta) updates with regards to Vulkan and other enhancements mentionned before. The last update (version 2.01.05.15) containing fixes against the first version.

Should we have to install both updates or is the second one equal to the first update + fixes ?

Thanks.

Regarding graphics, unlike X-plane and P3D, AFS2 does not allow for bezel compensation. I have two 16:10 monitors side by side and need to set a resolution of 3950x1200, but Aerofly only offers me the standard double of 3840x1200. Is there a way to set a custom resolution?

Hello,

Yes you have to edit the main.mcf file in the AFS2 installation directory and at the very beginning of the file you can set a default resolution.

There is also a specific post on the steam community to configure a triple monitor installation:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=738066887

You could probably do the same exercise for 2 monitors... simply adjust the values according to the fact you have 2 monitors and not 3 :)

Hello,

Just wondering if there are existing tools - other than FSWidget GMapHD for example, which moreover is free only for the region of San Francisco - for Android devices which allows to follow a flight in real-time on a map.

ForeFlight is another one but is only for iOS.

The one I bought recently (because I will use it in real ULM's training session) is AirNavigation PRO which provides plugins for FSX, X-Plane or P3D but not (yet) for AFS2 :(

Someone knows about another solution/tool or heard about new stuffs in this domain coming soon ?

Thanks,

Hello,

Well in my case, I also use skyvector only to get the ILS and other approach data of the final airport. I try to always fly to an airport runway which has an ILS freq because I like to use auto-pilot and APR mode (with glideslope etc.).

Indeed when defining the plan in AFS2 you have simple waypoints (stars) and VOR's, so those which have a freq you can use with the NAV1 and NAV auto-pilot selectors.

Most of time as you say there are STARs when you leave the runway from the departure airport but you can easily use the HDG auto-pilot mode and use :

- the heading compass to the direction specified on your flight plan

- the clock on the dashboard in combination with the distance also specified on your flight plan. when you know that to go to a waypoint you have to fly a certain distance at a certain speed (the current speed of your plane) then you can calculate how much time you need to go to this waypoint and then after how much time you have to change direction to the next waypoint or after how much time you should capture the freq of a VOR, at the moment you fly in NAV mode.

I like to fly only with propeller planes and this is the basis of VOR navigation which I find more playful but this is a personal consideration.

Don't know if this was the subject of your initial request/question...

With existing weather tools it is possible to create nice scenery situations: low visbility and evening sun at zurich airport. I use such settings for ils approaches. In VR it looks quite real.

Hi,

Which tools are you talking about ? Separate products compatibles with AFS2 or just by playing with the <time> glider in AFS2 ?

Hello,

As a (final) result the best options for me were the followings :

- VSync in nVidia Control Panel set to : use the 3D application settings

- I have also applied these settings in nVidia Control Panel : https://www.mainperformancepc.com/nvidia-control-panel-settings/

- VSync in AFS2 set to : ON

- Monitor refresh rate set to : 60fps (if 59fps and 60fps are both shown in the list of possible refresh rates)

Regards,

Vincent

This let me think that maybe, within the coming weeks, and with regards also to VR and the coming big new update, it could be helpfull to have a summary of the most commonly encountered or tested graphic settings at windows/graphic card level and AFS2 level.

This could be for example a special section in the Wiki documentation.

Don't know if you find it valuable or not.

Thanks again.

In general for running in 2D mode, you should check your current FPS limitation by turning off VSync in the settings and pressing CTRL-F1. Take a look at your FPS, if it's over 120 FPS then setting Vsync to limit at 120 will benefit you. if your FPS is below that then I suggest just leaving it set to off (or ON with no limitations if you are seeing screen tearing).

If you are running in VR mode then its strongly suggested to keep Vsync OFF.

Hi,

1. When you talk about turning off VSync you mean at nvidia card and AFS2 level ? or only within AFS2 settings ?

2. Pressing CTRL-F1 in AFS2 will show the FPS, is that right ?

Have you tried to get a fixed 60 fps from your graphics card menu and leave off all the vsyncs? I find this gives me less hessitation/lag/judder....... Laptops tend to have fewer control options so you might not be able to set this.

Hello,

Well my screen is a 60Hz screen so I can't set it over :)

Also I did not tried to have one or both of the V-SYNC options set to OFF. Maybe I'm not wrong here by saying that V-SYNC is an option that you must try at the moment you encounter screen-tearing. Otherwise don't use it.

I will do more tests and will give the results here by this week.

Dear All,

Haven't seen if such a post has already been made so my apologizes if so...

I just wanted to know about the V-Sync on/off option (on video card settings and in AFS2) if - on a basic recent configuration (i7 processor - 16GB RAM - GeForce 1030 minimum GPU) - it is better to have V-Sync on in the graphic cards settings and in AFS2, or only on one of them, or maybe both off in case of a good graphic card and good screen. (I currently have a HP Spectre X360 laptop with Geforce MX150 and an extenal 2K Samsung C32H711 monitor)

Globally my experience in AFS2 is satisfying except at very low (< 3000ft) altitude were I start to see some jerks.

So I just wanted to know which settings generally gives better performance results, even If I know that this is often depending on each one's config.

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

Hello Nick,

First of all congrats for this wonderfull job. I did not read the full history of the app but maybe it could be a good idea to provide an up to date status and also a very high level of the different steps to follow in order to have your own sceneries in AFS2.

For example I don't know if the use of the GeoConvert tool will still be necessary, and if yes at what time and what is the global effort to do in order to get a final usable region.

I'm very interested in it since my country (Belgium) is not (yet) convered in AFS2. I plan to start end of this year a training to get a microlight license and I wanted to already get familiar with the places I will fligh around.

Thanks a lot and good luck for the future of your work.

V.

Hello,

Finally I found the reason. It is a bit "stupid" but OK... The fact is that my display is by default extended between my laptop's screen and my external screen. With 2 screens having the same resolution you can update the main.mcf file so that the graphic settings in AFS2 will propose a resolution that match the global resolution of your 2 screens. (details are explain here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=738066887).

In my case I have my laptop's (4K) screen and an external (2K) screen but I don't wanted to have the game displayed on both screens, only on the external screen. Contrary to FSX for example, it is not easy to start AFS2 on a specific screen, it starts on the laptop screen then in graphic settings I have to specify window mode then I move the game windows to the external screen then I maximize the window then I can specify my screen's resolution... A bit hard work !

Finally, the workaround is to redirect the display only to the external screen before starting the game. In that case the native resolution of my screen is shown in the list within AFS2 graphic settings section.

Thanks for your interest and whishing you good flight.

Vincent

I can see the resolution 2560x1440 in the settings list of Aerofly FS2 (I have to click several times, sometimes nothing happens --> I would prefer a list displayed). You can change this manually in the main.mcf file in your documents\aerofly fs 2 folder, the top two lines.

Hello Thomas,

Thanks. I've tried all of them but did not found, or maybe I was too tired :)

I will have a look once again tonight and also check the main.mcf file. I think this could be fixed easily :)

I will let you know.

Regards,

Vincent