Posts by Kisvakond

If you don't hear from me again, I probably got banned, and if that's what this comes down to, then so be it. I have the utmost respect for the IPACS team, but their policy on forum moderation and total non-reply to my request about tagging mod-edited posts and then locking the thread has left a really rotten taste in my mouth.

I wouldn't assume they ban you for any such reasons. There is a forum member I won't name whose spam posts are regularly deleted but other relevant posts are kept and not banned.

You got it exactly. And that's for the raw photos you grab from the net.

In case you have to match the colors with an existing neighbouring DLC (e.g. Switzerland DLC or Orbx LOWI in this case), then you don't have those sources ;)

Cheers

Antoine

Let this be our next problem after we solved what we can on our plate, ok? :)

I assume one can first do a test run with just one tile to import, which will go fast and the difference becomes apparent. Then we can have a manual adjustment option that can be applied to all tiles or e.g. color correction values for the N/S/E/W side of the bounding box can be given and applying them as a linear interpolation so the imported tiles would blend between their bounding sides or edges gradually so the new tiles will 'blend' the color diff between the sorrounding tile sets. Thoughts?

If I'm undestanding this problem correctly, there is a color balance issue with existing and new imagery. I'm thinking of processing the color of the downloaded tiles with 2D linear interpolation between the color balances of the bounding areas. Then the new tiles should no longer 'stick out', no 'steps' in color balance of neighboring tiles of different sets.

Just give me some time, I have a ton of things to read/comprehend about the workflow/tools.

nickhod, I can try to lend a hand in some smaller tasks if you are interested. I'm not a pro at C# but I've worked with some GUI programming before.

Hi, and thank you for your reply. I already checked Wikipedia, don't worry. But I asked for it in order to, maybe, have a simpler explanation. Because Wikipedia is great, I agree, but it's sometimes really difficult to understand when you're searching for specific terms (like quaternion). At least I tried. :)

Have a nice day,

Dalfrak

The quaternion's x,y,z is the endpoint of a vector that points out from the origo of the 3D coordinate system. This will give you the orientation of the 3D object. Now, the r is the angle that the object is rotated around the vector.

Like if you were cooking a marshmallow on a broach. you are the origo, the end of the broach is pointed at x,y,z and r is how you turn the broach to cook the marshmallow evenly at all sides. :)

Hi all,

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I was trying to fix my laptop's throttle response to the high temps, unusual in April.

So I set up MSI afterburner+Rivatuner+HWInfo to show some data, when I spotted that the driver and the FPS is somehow incorrectly measured/displayed:

Due to some severe screen tearing I've been having some NV driver versions ago, I'm forced to play with vsync on (60Hz). But somehow Afterburner displays twice the fps. Or steam shows half of it and obviously I will not be able to tell on a 60Hz display if I have more. Another funny phenomenon is that instead of OpenGL (OGL), DirectX10 (D3D10) is detected. I've tried it with another OpenGL sim whose name I will not tell and its detected/displayed correctly, as well as the fps counter.

Is this a known thing or is there something to check/fix?

Thanks! :)

well the MAX has pretty much just screens while the NG has more knobs and switches on the front panel still. Due to the nature of the larger displays and possible new system pages it would make a large difference for me, modelling is probably easy: rip out front panel, put in large screens, done :D

I'm not saying it's not much work, but the same amount of work spent in a new aircraft might yield less impressive results than a type tailored to perfection or even variants. I would be happy to contribute! :)

If we were to create a 737 NG, which one would you prefer? 737-800 NG with the new split scimitar winglets? or go straight for the MAX?

Oh, sorry I was ill informed about the differences between the two types. :(

I would prefer the one that has the most aircraft in service presently. I honestly don't know which one is most commonly used nowadays and in the short term future. My expectation from such simulators is that amateurs could try themselves and master aircraft they usually ride as a passenger. :)

Forgive me for being honest, but I would first see all stock aircraft and ground ops completed. :)

Oh yeah, I would loooove to have glass cockpit versions of 737s (e.g. 737-800). The 737-500 is there so it's not even something to be done from scratch.

For an outsider like me finishing these seems to be a low hanging fruit, most of the modeling and systems simulations done.

It's so few missing to be so great. :|

I fully understand your stance, being a programmer myself for over 25 years. I'm currently learning Vulkan to write my pet project (a simple 3D engine which concentrates to decent performance even on potato hardware.

I would have never thought of aircraft addons if the A320 were complete right now (which IMHO is a key selling point for AFS2). And I'm also willing to contribute to make it happen. I was only researching the possibilities about that. It's another question if a standard plane can be upgraded or one has to start everything from scratch.

You can do things like motion platforms, connect existing apps that show your position, or display instrument values on home build simulators, send new joystick or button commands, etc

The idea is to extend functionality outside the sinulator with this dll.

Someone complained that his Saitek panel does not display the information it's supposed to. Can this DLL approach a solution for him? :)

Hey Jan, thanks for the quick response!

I'm still studying what is possible and what is not within the scope of the SDK. I've read about some limitations where a new aircraft can only be implemented with existing elements of avionics. Overcoming this could open way to custom aircraft like the 737-800. Also the fully simulated propulsion and power control (APU, power, electrics, hydraulics, pneumatics, avionics, all acting depending on each other) in all aircraft would be a spot where the community could help in if the SDK makes this possible. E.g. subsystems of the Airbus are well documented and accessible so if there would be a safe (does not risk performance and stability of AFS2) means of scripting (e.g. lua/python/etc.?), any aircraft-specific behavior could be be included to an aircraft.

I would never think about a DLL project if all of these could be be solved via TMD.

Taking part in such an extension of e.g. the A320 would be awesome. :)

Thank you again for taking your precious time to answer and for your positive approach!

Hi all,

I've been looking at this external_dll example and this post: Is there a way to get VR head position and/or orientation ?

I'm wondering if the community could give some constructive feedback about the external_dll messages that could greatly increase the freedom of movement for extending functionality that add-ons can achieve? I'm new to all of this, but it would be interesting to e.g. able to have a plane specific FMS/FMC systems or in-depth propulsion systems management (simulating it in the DLL and sending back propulsion parameters in the sim). I'm seeing that there is a lot of community members that would love to help out devs, so IMHO it would make sense to ease access to such internal functions. Some very basic event system for e.g. injecting custom sounds (engine stop/start), simulation steps etc. would be awesome and would offload the devs, so if someone misses something, one would have the mechanisms to crerate it.

Hopefully no one finds this idea (too) naive or offensive.

Balazs