Posts by JazzyJazz

Sir,

All I can say is "WOW!" Fantastic work! I am a pilot myself and I thoroughly enjoy flight simming. They are great tools for fun and learning. I wish to offer you some humble thoughts on the way that you confidently handle your REAL aircraft if I may.

Airmanship is something one sees little of nowadays being taught to new pilots. In your video you remove your right hand from the throttle during the final phase of your ground flare. Typically, a captain RETAINS his hand on the throttle during this phase, and through out the approach, flare, landing, and roll out.

This is in order to "jockey" the throttle in response to possible abrupt wind changes or gusts or to execute a GO AROUND if required for some unforeseen reason. More importantly, keeping your hand on the throttle keeps your BRAIN in a mode of rejecting the landing if needed. Once, while I was landing a Challenger 601 at a remote airstrip in Africa, I rejected the landing because of an antelope suddenly crossing the runway.

It is like the V1 call out in jets where the pilot flying (PF) keeps his hand on the throttle until he hears it, and only THEN does he remove his hand from the throttle. Once the hand is REMOVED from the throttle then the PF is COMMITTED in mind and body to making the take off! If an emergency occurs AFTER this call out then the aircraft is taken into the air and the emergency is handled there.

"V1 is defined as the speed beyond which the take-off should no longer be aborted. Meaning that in case you experience any trouble with your plane before reaching V1 you would immediately abort your take-off and would apply all the necessary means to bring the aircraft to a halt. If pilots experience any serious aircraft malfunction after V1, otherwise they have to continue the take-off, a take-off board will lead to a runway overrun and could severely damage the plane."

( https://www.baatraining.com/did-you-know-a…s-v1-vr-and-v2/ )

This frame of reference and commitment is the same in regards to landing. One should think of EVERY landing as going missed and then one suffers NO surprises, ie, every instrument approach is to a MISSED approach. Besides, it is easier to hit the thrust reversers with your hand on the throttle than on the yoke. I suggest that you ask around regards this technique of airmanship and let me know what you find out. Oh, and ask both the general aviation pilot and the occasional professional pilot when you can. Pilots LOVE to talk to other pilots. (I joined this forum simply to say these few words, or to talk to another pilot).

I thank you for your videos (made my day) and I wish you only the best, Captain.

Respectfully