Posts by MDIvey

IPACS Support

Hi Jan

That change may have happened over two years ago but its a gift that keeps giving :). Most of the available repaints haven't been updated with an option tmc so when you install them you have to go through and manually do the edit. The key point I guess is its going to be fixed or should I just delete all the user created repaints for IPACS aircraft.

Matt

IPACS Support

I went to use some of the user created repaints for the 747 and now I just get the default KLM one. I went to the trouble of adding the option.tmc so these would work now you seem to have changed something else so they don't work. This sort of thing is getting very tiresome especially as you you don't seem to give us any heads up.

Matt

Not sure I follow what your saying Jan but perhaps I did not explain very well what I meant. The look of the 747 has changed from last time I used it but not in a good way... Shame as I like the jumbo. The window cut outs look as though they do not have any glass in them with opacity and reflectivity in them... They look like the passengers are breathing fresh air.

Matt

IPACS Support It would be nice if someone answered krzysk inquiry in view of all that he's contributed by way of aircraft add-ons to AFS

krzysk I'm not sure if I'm using same exporter as you but I did find it had a problem generating preview icons for repaints. With the stuff I did for the F18 I resorted to a thumbnail I created of the tailfins.

KR Matt

Good for you Mike. Never quite understood why people seem to prefer the Rotol version of my Spit, rather than the Early version with DH spinner which was more typical and more attractive to my eyes... but whatever floats your boat ^^ I do enjoy flying the Rotol one on occasion but the DH version gets less time in the Hangar. Anyway, nice to see screenshots of my hard work in action. I wish more were posted in gallery here.

Matt

Please keep to topic. If you want to highlight the shortcomings of AF4 you could always start another thread to do that

. I understand that in the big scheme of things whether or not the doors open is not a big deal, but it takes a lot more work for the model creator to make this possible and then animate it... It seems valid to want to know how to do it and that is what this thread was intended for. It doesn't appear to have been well documented elsewhere.

KR Matt

Very cool

Figured out A320, ERJ and 737

Tried the Q400, 777, 747 and 787 without success. Do any of those have working exits? If so can you point me in the right direction. I could often get a display of the exits on an MFD but it didn't have mouse clicking as the ERJ and A320

KR Matt

Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Jan can any of the doors be opened on the Airliners? If so how do you do it?

Also does the Me109E canopy hinge open? I've tried to figure out how to do it but come to the conclusion it cant be done. If it hasn't been animated that wouldn't be a big thing to do would it? provided the model maker made it a separate part, which I imagine he would have.

KR Matt

jin have you looked at this? Most of what it says is still valid for FS4. the repaint.tmc file has been replaced with an option.tmc file but you should be able to work out how to do that by looking at other current repaints.

sdk:repaints [Aerofly FS Wiki]

PLAY thanks for new livery. Is there a layered PSD template for the 777? If so a classic American Airlines livery with metallic fuselage could be tempting.

KR Matt

That wasn't straight forward but I think that has done it. I had to reset the settings and redo them. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to remove an axis from an entry once its assigned. Also it would be useful to be able to set a joystick button to increment the throttle up and down for the helicopters when you are not in the VC. At the moment you can only set a button for up it seems. Thanks for your help guys.

KR Matt

I really like the UH-60 but don't use it as much as I would because of some problems I find when operating it . I'm not sure if it's a failure to understand how to operate it or the way my controls are set up or both. My thrustmaster hotas joystick is set up with throttles and collective on the units throttle bar axis. This works fine on R22 and EC135 but on the UH60 I find when trying to decend the engines and rotor speed plunge and the Heli sinks and you can't get the power up in time to save it. I guess having engine rpm and collective on same axis is not ideal, and I would prefer to be able to not have the rpm on a joystick axis but buttons since, generally the Heli engines run at high speed and the collective is used to adjust lift via the rotors... But that doesn't seem to be an option for me. Be grateful for some pointers here Jan so I can get the most out of this aircraft with the control setup I have available.

KR Matt

You might want to stop flogging this dead horse😁

Here's why... There are very few of us developing aircraft for AF4 outside IPACS and a project of this magnitude is just too much to take on for most private individuals. That leaves commercial developers and most of those already know they wouldn't sell enough to make it viable commercially. That leaves IPACS. They might well decide to do one but they're not going to tell you until it's nearly ready to go out the door, and seeing as they've told us about the 737 max it's seems unlikely it that's going to happen any time soon. Sorry that's just the reality.

It is a very cool plane though. There are two other options... You could learn how to develop yourself and spend every spare waking hour, working on it for next two years. Or if your into X plane you could buy the flight factor model and try that.

KR Matt