Posts by MDIvey

Is it ok to ask for information here related to the use of the SDK and plugins?

I've been trying out some ideas to try and get my props looking like your ones do on the 109 and Corsair for example. Not all progress was forward but in the end I was fairly happy with the result, but I couldn't say if what I did was the best solution. I created a bit of Prop root geometry sized to fit inside the prop blades (so scaled down slightly) so they shouldn't show when the prop is stationary and made it rotate with the spinner. I applied the blade shader

here is result...

Anyway it got me to thinking Is there any information available about what shaders to use in which situations so as to know the best data to put in the material field... I've no idea if this is still the best way to specify external glass for example... I notice with a lot of your models your using a normal texture instead of a specular one (along with a reflection one)... something I've been unable to replicate so far

Matt

Seems the new plugin is fussy about capital letters being used in object names whereas previous versions I've used where not. I had to go in and change all the object names so that for example, LeftWing has become leftwing now. It was that in the TMD anyway but previously it had not mattered.

Matt

A few problems exporting a new TGI. The exporter report says the geometries are missing and unreferenced although I have not changed any of the object names or TMD entries & the tm_AC3D file didn't list any problems with objects or materials... not sure what's wrong here.

export_reports.zip

thanks very much. I may download version 9. The version I have installed at the moment is 8.6.11 so it appears I'm a little behind. Could you post or link to the version of the plugin for my current version... I think I'm still covered by free updates, but not sure and don't want to have to get a paid update just yet. I'm just going to go and check my status.

Matt

Does it work with the 64 bit version of AC3D? If so any chance that I could have it soon, as I've been doing some work on my Spitfire and Buffalo (with some assistance from Jan) and at the moment I haven't had to make any changes to the TGI file, but that may soon change.

On another subject.... I'd like to offer this as a suggestion for down the road for a plugin.... one that allows the user to adjust the position of your pilot figures, and corrects the the related bone entries so we can trial and error your pilots into our models. I'll probably end up using a Static pilot figure in my models if I can source some free ones. Its a lot of work to build pilot figures (especially for freeware) even if you're any good at it and I'll be honest I'm not... and you're ones are very good... you're P38 or F4U pilot would look pretty good in my aircraft. I do hate seeing an empty office in the external view :)

Matt

I use AC3D to create my aircraft. One of the reasons I went down that route rather than blender was that plugins were available for AFS and XP11. Does the fact that you have provided a plugin for Blender above mean that you've dropped support for AC3D? or have you just not got round to doing it yet? I'm using the 64bit version of AC3D now (I mean why wouldn't you if you have a 64 bit operating system and 32 bit no longer seems to be an option anyway) so will that be catered for?

Matt

So Far my experience with AF4 has been very good.

I got the delux combination with the extra aircraft but finding this in the aircraft line up was a very nice surprise....

Are you going to create a new screenshot thread just for AF4 BTW

Matt

Thanks for your hard work. Only Got round to downloading this yesterday...brilliant work as always. The Glass looks fine on my setup Steve... you managed to get over that hurdle then? For some reason I find it doesn't like being on the ground... contact with ground makes it leep up to height... anyone else getting that?

Matt

That isn't quite correct Jan. You did indeed get the undercarriage working on the B339 for me and I'm very grateful for it since I do at least get some pleasure for my own efforts flying it in SIM. But You didn't do the Spitfire Mk1 I'm afraid. It was wasting so much time on trial and error and getting nowhere with that, that did it for me as far as developing for AF2. I had intended to build both models into payware standard models with a VC but that's not going to happen now. I think until tools to make animation and basic TMD set ups are available for all users, there is always going to be very limited 3rd party development for this SIM. I don't know what happened to the guy from flying Iron and his Spitfire MK9... he seemed to have got his undercarriage working and things looked pretty advanced... great shame.

AF2 is my favourite of the currently available flight SIMs but it is the choice to fly almost anything any where that keeps me going back to FSX and to a lesser degree these days XP11. AF2 would have had more enduring appeal to me if they had even developed more in house payware aircraft addons. What they have is superb, but its the almost endless variety that I miss in comparison to the others.

With regard to my models I decided some time ago that if the P38 pilot could be added to the Spitfire and the Corsair Pilot to the Buffalo B339, and the Spitfire flight model completed, then I would be happy to give them to the AF2 community to enjoy as freeware without VC models. No pilot... no go as far as I'm concerned... hate to see an empty office. If your prepared to do the work Jan (as you pretty much seem to be the only one who really knows what they're doing:)) you'd be most welcome but I'm afraid I'm not willing to waste anymore time on it...life's too short.

Matt

Very pleased when I saw this... been using this for a long time in FSX and XP11 and its outstanding. I wonder if the new option.tmc will allow the AF2 version to have the variable loadouts like the ones that the other sim versions have. The Pilot is a must I agree. I refrained from buying the Falke so far because of the lack of pilot... I keep hoping there will be a Steam version and that will have a pilot. Anyway glad to hear about this.

Matt

Hi Matt,

We're investigating if we can create a repaint kit for the A320. The textures are not as well organized, e.g. the fuselage is cut into several pieces on the texture so that it's not easy to write text on the fuselage. I think we had an Aer Lingus livery at some point during the development but I'm not sure if that is still up to date and could be published or not. We're evaluating this as well.

Thanks Jan

that's great on both counts.

Matt