Posts by MDIvey

Mustang III

This was the one I think I was looking forward too most... it is a beauty but there are some problems to report

1) Runway start engine stops on idle

2) Propeller/Spinner wobbles a bit when rotating... very slightly off centre I think... either mesh or tm animation entry

3) After take off gear goes up then gear has a spasm and aeroplane breaks up in mid air and crashes (tm attached)

4) artwork is superb but maybe could do with slightly less of a gloss finish?

Matt

Files

• tm.log

(73.23 kB, downloaded 17 times, last: )

Hi Krzysk… feedback follows for latest 4 models uploaded

Shavrov SH-2

What a lovely model... The prototype looks like someone took a canoe and some Tiger Moth bits and cobbled this together:)

Ref the model...

FIXED 1) Tyres /wheels a bit too reflective compared with rest of model

2) Model doesn't slide on water surface like Duck and Beaver so cant do "water landing" unless wheels down.

Matt

18th March

tried most of the recent batch of releases... few things to report

1) Tomahawk. When started on runway engine is stopped and couldn't use it. Air start and off runway from a previous flight ok.

2) I-16 Letter decal quad on fuselage is casting a shadow. If this cant be fixed wouldn't it look better as part of the textures? Also there seems to be a bit of geometry problem on the Rudder that is affecting and spoiling the smoothing on rear edge (noticed on right side … not sure about left). The flight model seems very quick (could give an Me262 a run for its money:)) and trying to land difficult to slow down... job to work out how to slow engine revs... just cutting throttle doesn't seem to do it.

3) Yak 18 seems all good now except for no sound... are you meant to copy over the sound files from another model?

4) Beech C18… still crashing and resetting on ground start. I was able use it by doing an air start but on final approach and throttle back props disappear and crash and reset occurs again. Nice model though.

Matt

Hi Krzysk, the latest update on the C18 seems to have fixed the undercarriage in that it no longer has a spasm and folds up through the wing but a problem still seems to remain... the engine seems to run in a short burst followed by a crash and reload of the model. When the engine is not running there is no visible propeller. Here is the tm file in case it helps.

Matt

Files

• tm.log

(84.4 kB, downloaded 21 times, last: )

I had noticed that it doesn't seem to want to stay up in the heavens...just assumed it was like that in real life. It feels rather like a Horsa or one of those military gliders where the aim is not to soar but just get down in one piece😀

Matt

Amazing! How's that Malcolm Hood Mustang coming along K. It looked Superb.

I meant to ask also if a fix had been found for the Beech C18... for me upon loading it just shakes about and then crashes repeatedly.

Matt

No promises, but I am expecting a few warplanes. I don't know about the vc, but I understand that FS1 had flying models by Kzrysk of the the P-51 Mustang, P-40 Warhawk, F6F Hellcat, P-38 Lightning, 303 Hurricane and Spitfire . This puts them on the short list, I think, sound interesting?

Ray

They're the ones I've been looking forward too most. Others released are great and am enjoying them.... but cant beat a Stang and a Spit for Excitement and looks^^

Matt

C18 now loads ok so progress there. Other problems to report...

1) no sound

2) After tucking gear... landing gear has a spasm and flight reloads.

attached tm extract re c18 flight

Matt

PZL and Socata… lovely uneventful flights. PZL artwork outstanding.

Rutan lovely flyer...

1) Too reflective but I understand that is WIP

2) Lining on liveries is a bit pixelated. I'm not sure how you textured this but may be redoing as larger size textures might sort this. AF2 seems to cope well with HD artwork.

AN2... Door can be added to list of parts that look too reflective.

DH1... noticed a bit of Z buffering on the Right Wing Root by flaps.... surface interfering with fuselage behind it. Not a problem on left.

Seeing how great the PZL is I cant wait to see the Mustang and Spitfire you've done in SIM.

Matt

Trimotor... wow what a detailed model... all those corrugated surfaces. Personally I'd prefer the Aluminium a bit less polished and clean but I'm sure there are just as many who like it as is. Just personal taste.

Took the Yak 18 for a spin and a few things to report...

1) not getting any sound

2) on ground left side door flaps open and close.... when airborne and wheels tucked up door is closed ok

3) Right Aileron may have a geometry or normal problem as it is shaded dark on the lit side

Matt

Thanks for sharing these great models Krzysk. Is it ok to leave feedback here?

1) Beech D18 defaults to Cessna... tm attached in case it helps identify problem

2) colour washed out on Trimotor... too much reflection I think

3) similar problem with AN2 canopy frame and interior

4) Chipmunk loads with canopy open and I cant find a way to close it

Only had a brief chance to try them out... Love the PZL. Will let you know if I find anything else.

Matt

Files

• tm.log

(86.55 kB, downloaded 24 times, last: )

Re: the AO Maps Alex... have you looked at the ones in the SDK DR400? They are a BMP that is largely white with a few shaded areas of grey.

I haven't had a go at this yet but the way I had in mind to do this is to take the greyscale AO and whack up the brightness and contrast to get something like the SDK example... and if that didn't work I was going blend/multiply the greyscale over a pure white background and see how that looks... maybe tweak brightness and contrast of that.

Matt

This was how I did my reflection maps for Steve's F104 (there may be better ways I don't know)...

create a grey texture layer with panel and rivet detail above (and anything else you want to include... Steve had added some panel shading to his paint kit which I included). This was flattened and saved as bmp. I then created a bright red texture background and blend/multiplied the flattened grey texture over the red to give the required red scale result. When flattened that I experiment with darkening and less saturation... to get desired result. Darker and less saturated is more subtle and generally better unless you want polished metal. Kai posted a useful colour chart somewhere here which was helpful.

Matt