Posts by MDIvey

I don't have access to MAX as a private user I'm afraid. I bought AC3D to build models for AF2 and XP11 as it was affordable. I can certainly build a high quality model and texture it but if your saying I would need another program like MAX to animate it that would be a serious impediment to this endeavour. The XP11 plugin for ACD3 allows you to create animations but as far as I'm aware the AF2 plugin for ACD3 only allows an export in to a form your program understands to compile. I found no mention of animation in the SDK. I'm hoping I haven't massively misunderstood what's involved.

Thanks, Matt

I'm beginning to get to grips with AC3D but many questions are coming to mind. Where possible I'm trying to find the answers for myself but I thought I'd ask here to see if any individuals who are familiar with the software may be willing to share their knowledge.

First question I have... Looking at the DR400 example and the software itself… there seems to be no animation function in the program and you cant manually adjust object centres to where you want them... I could easily do that in MAX. Am I right in assuming that you specify how to animate objects and what axis to use in the TMD files? That sounds kind of tricky. Thankfully my current subject has no complicated linkages on landing gear etc but I'm still thinking this wont be a breeze.

Thanks, Matt

Steve have you made the materials such that bare metal or silver paints are viable? and will a PSD paintkit be available?

Lynx... ooh that would be good! When deciding what to build as my first AC3D project I did toy with the idea of a Westland Scout/Wasp but figured a Helicopter was a bit ambitious for a first.

Matt

Thanks Jan... if I succeed in getting that far I will no doubt need your kind assistance. At the moment I'm grappling with trying to learn how to use AC3D and things are at a very early stage. I tried the trial version while I had some time over the holiday and quite liked it, so I bought myself a copy. I've been 3D modelling for years (FSDS, 3DCanvas and MAX) but AC3D has its own quirks so no doubt it will be a steep learning curve.

Matt

Very Generous of you Steve. AF2 does need more choice of Aircraft addons. love to see some more screenshots as things progress. I have been clocking the problems you and Kai have been having with the config files... a bridge I may have to cross myself if something I've been working on ever gets finished. Do you work in AC3D?

Matt

A wonderful model of one of my favourite jets Steve. Enjoyed the captainsim model in FS9 and the SimSkunkworks model in FSX. Having moved over to AF2 and XP11 these days I was hoping someone would tackle this subject. What are your plans for this Steve... payware or freeware? either way looking forward to it.

Matt