Posts by MDIvey

Alex... that prop blurring looks excellent. I think AF2 does that better than any other Flight sim I've tried IMOP. Gonna try what I suggested for that with the spinner?... I shall be interested to see if it works for my project.

Matt

I've tried the S211 on Jetpacks site and it works ok. The problem seems to be there are a number of versions available and not all work with current Beta... not your problem but I appreciate Jans help in working that out.

Matt

Tried again without high quality AA. Loaded flight ok this time and had a few minutes of flight before CTD. Some flashing Artifacts in cockpit view at one point but went away. TM attached.

Matt

Files

• tm.log

(67.96 kB, downloaded 35 times, last: )

Ok NVIDIA driver 418.91 installed. main.mcf deleted. All Scenery in document folder removed. Vulkan Option set with Ultra settings and High Quality anti aliasing option. Cessna selected at Catalina Island... CTD even before successful loading of flight. TM log attached.

Matt

Files

• tm.log

(64.54 kB, downloaded 28 times, last: )

My version of Aerofly FS2 is the Steam Beta update

Whenever I've tried using the Vulkan rendering option the result has been the same... a CTD after a short while of flying. I've been meaning to report this to you and give you the TM log in case it helps you find a fix. Open AL version works fine and gives very few problems on my machine.

Matt

thanks Steve...

Solved the preview problem. Had to reinstall in a different place.

Ill upload as soon as I can at flight-sim.org.

Matt

it's uploaded.

Matt

Hi Steve would it be possible to have a copy of the PSD file that covers the mid wing pylon?... i'm thinking for my paint it needs to be light grey rather than green.

Matt

Well that was sure interesting Steve. I've done a paint job and some custom reflection, specular and normal texture. it looks pretty good now but I got some very wierd intermediate results. I didn't feel with your paints I was getting any bump mapping just your lovely panel and rivet art. I noticed along the way that the SDK makes no mention of a _normal suffix for the texture (only _bump) although it says they are supported. Normal maps are those funny blue hue things aren't they? I tried creating one of those and it seemed to work better for me than the grey scale ones (which are perhaps more suited to bumps) and the combination with red scale reflection and grey specular gives a nice result that doesn't seem too striking. if you pm your email i'll send a copy of what i've done so you can try it out. Cant seem to produce a preview image at the moment so the repaints i've done (the Corsair and the F104G) will have to stay on my hard drive for now till I can sort this.

Matt

It worked ok for me too... when I remembered what button on the joystick I'd mapped the close too.

Steve... what font did you use to create the letters and numbers on that German Marine paint? or did you trace them and paint them manually. I'm trying to do another one, but from when they had just the grey top rather than green and grey camo.

Matt

Steve... have the materials been set up to accept a bump map texture? I see from your notes spec maps have. I should like to have a play with these items with any repaint I attempt. Paint kit is great BTW... able to find my way round ok. Good to have all affected parts on just the one texture... makes things easier.

Matt

I've had a go with the F4U repaint kit. How do you create the preview.TTX out of interest when you don't have access to the model files? I've created one using a screenshot but you guys seem to have created ones in the IPACS style.

Matt

Steve... this is a Superb model. The cockpit is a work of art in its own right. Thankyou very much. Thankyou for the paint kit too. I hope I can find some time to do some repaints myself.

Matt

Alex... Mk9 lovely. Your not by any chance the Alex responsible for the Flying Iron Simulation Spit 9 for XP11... just a punt... putting two and two together and making ten. Sure is a great model and makes me want see a spit in AF2 even more.

I'm glad you chose the 9. I've been working on a BoB Mk1a for a few months (Cat out off bag) and its beginning to take shape but its too early to tell if the project will ever get finished. Its a awful lot of work to fit in as and when, when you're still working, but at least I can make it the model I'VE always wanted. Many good ones have been made for other SIMs but I've had an itch to do this since I started 3D modelling over a decade ago. I started one as my first project but abandoned it because it was so difficult... things have changed with experience though.

I was working on the wheel hub the other day. I notice in the pic above it has four spokes... the photo of a 1a (KLA) that I was using as reference showed a five spoke wheel so that's how I built it... I always thought they where 4 and that would have been easier. Hope I haven't got that wrong as don't really want to go through that again... it was very tricky.

Looking forward to seeing your Spit Alex anyway.

Matt