Posts by ZoSoChile

It also turns out I was never in Windows Mixed Reality For SteamVR Beta ( not sure if that matters anymore with updates)

The script settings I had was keeping Motion Re projection turned off by two dash lines.

Example:

Left Image is Disabled Motion Reprojection, Right image is Enabled Script (Here is Script Settings I'm using driver.zip )

I clicked on the link @whitav8 (Dave) provided and recopied the Motion Reprojection always enabled Script.

Also "RenderTargetScale" : 2.0 ( I would have to retest this setting back to 1.0 to see the difference)

By having Motion Reprojection always enabled, I comfortably went from SteamVR SS 1.3 to 1.6 with Shadows Low to Insane.

For some reason in VR I don't care too much about Insane Shadows and for performance I reverted back to Low. (Even though Low Shadows creates a occasional horrible Flicker on the Wings of certain Planes.. and any other shadow settings makes shadows pop in and out all over scenery..)

I haven't done too much settings adjustments, but the point is that having Motion Reprojection enabled is absolutely a game changer.

Phil, have you been successfully flying with Motion Reprojection since this Forum started?

Well gentlemen, it appears I've been living a lie for the past half of year since this discussion. When flying in VR I noticed I would stutter in some dense areas. Kind of just figured that was part of the normal. I decided to dig deeper and sure enough, turns out I never successfully activated Motion Re projection. Long story short, it's activated now and I feel like I fell in love again <3. I can finally say I now have AF2 running super buttery smooth in VR. I was even able to up the SS and quality settings a bit. However I backed off and went back to my normal quality settings for performance. Kind of gives me positive hope for HP Reverb performance. :thumbup:

Hi Martin, thanks for sharing your observations. I always make sure to remove alphas to ensure proper conversion. Night lighting is no problem for me as well, it's just adds alot of extra time into modeling and converting but I think it's worth it when flying at night with a full Moon.

I've found a strategic work around for tackling my problem. But it too requires what seems to be many unnecessary steps. When the original method from my first post keeps everything more organized and easier. Hopefully we can get an updated Content Converter in the future.

The area I live in has zero OSM data of vegetation. Luckily there is a wonderful way to create large amounts of trees using only images.

Scroll down till you see Ian C comment on how to create Photo Detect Trees

Should you attempt this

Once you obtain your BMP file from FSET, I go the extra mile and outline all areas I do not want any trees. (this isn't necessary but I am very picky about unwanted trees in fields or roads.

I recommend kenventions Histogram settings to obtain over 700k trees.

Result:

These are the scripts I use PhotoDetect Scripts.zip

There might be other forums on this but I can't remember because it's been soo long.

Hi Chris, thankyou for some of your insight. Hopefully I can have Jeff or Jan chime in on an explanation, given some time.

I am using the same textures as my successful and non successful examples.

This issue goes back some time when even converting just a few buildings at once. It seems that the only successful work around with multiple textures is to convert only One or Two buildings at a time and give them a TMB file.

Another work around is to only use two textures and it seems there is never a conversion problem with multiple buildings.

So I would like to know what program is struggling and failing upon AF2 integration. ModelConverterX or IPACS Content Converter?

Example:

Successful Conversion

8 Buildings, 2 Textures, 1TMB

📣Trying to create some glorious cultivation and something is failing here 📣 ^^

Interesting, how do you create your own scenery ???

Also, if you had to choose between Lukla and Switzerland which would it be ?

To create your own scenery requires you to look further down the rabbit hole for that info ;) But all the info is there.

If you are not sure about which scenery to choose from. I would wait for a sale. Typically Steam has a great one around July 4th. (that's when I purchased Aerofly and all DLCs) Can't guarantee Lukla would be on sale since it is brand new.

As for which one I would choose out of the two right now? I would say flip a coin 8o since they both offer great experiences.

My goal is to create and convert a larger cityscape with few TMB. files possible such as IPACS sceneries like outer areas of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Miami, etc.

Sometimes conversions are successful, most times not successful.

This issue has been around since I started AF2 and only ever occurs when I try converting multiple buildings. I would like to know if this issue comes from ModelConverterX or if it comes from the IPACS Content Converter?

My conversions examples:

Successful conversion.

14 buildings, 5 textures, 1 TMB. file

Unsuccessful Conversion

8 Buildings, 5 textures, 1 TMB. file (Always gaps in between Wall and Roof)

IPACS Miami Conversion:

Multiple Buildings, Multiple Textures, Few TMB. files used? (Is IPACS using a better/different version of Content Converter?)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

You can't go wrong with Switzerland and the new Lukla DLC. Each of those has literally brought nothing but joy and happiness while flying in VR.

For the same big landscape scenes I would suggest you check out the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Colorado.

Also you will find there are a few big cities modeled which are fantastic for flying in the R22 heli.

Depending on how much you like VR flying, you might be inclined to start creating your own scenery which can be time consuming but very rewarding.

What kind of headset are you using?

Hello Christy,

If you're asking when AeroScenery website will be available with already converted photoscenes? That will probably be quite some time, given many users would have to be willing to upload and share photoscenes that required a bit of work.

Fortunately, you can already do it yourself. The AeroScenery program is already available and ready to use, however there is no avoiding Geoconvert process when making your own photo scenes. Meaning it can take many hours to create areas you are interested in, depending on the image quality.

Hope this helps.

When I first started Aerofly, Colorado DLC was my go to. I started a project with adding autogen buildings/ edited streetlights, 3d models etc. heading into the High Rockies. Its one of the main routes North of Denver. The plan was to make a cultivated VFR flight path from Denver to Orbx Eagle County DLC. I added increased elevation data, and removed all the autogen trees. Then I got completely sidetracked with smaller cultivation projects and creating my home area. I would eventually like to go back now that my cultivation knowledge has increased majorly.

Project area with hand placed autogen buildings:

Into the mountains main route Hwy 70. Golden, CO -Red Rock Amphitheater

When I first learned how to 3D Model- El Rancho, CO

Gambling town Black Hawk/Central City (A skyscraper in the middle of the moutains!!)

Loveland Ski Resort

Main Ski Cities/are of Dillion, Frisco, Silverthorne, Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper. Last stop before heading to ORBX DLC

Felt like sharing since I love this area so much.

Occasionally in Virtual Reality I will land at a very detailed airport or my own for example. Wanting to keep the experience immersive, I open the planes doors and pretend to step out and walk around the plane/heli. It truly adds to the experience. However I can't go any further and explore unless in Dev Cam (even in that mode it's not the most pleasant movement system in VR <X).

My suggestion is having a feature with a first person locomotion/ teleportation option. While moving animation is still active. Just think of the possibilities?

Such as this for example:

Just putting this idea in the air.

Thank you

I recommend adjusting your night time settings to a full moon straight above you etc. It will illuminate the ground quite a bit.

This is probably not what you're looking for but you could add the standard runway lights.

If you only want a few light reference points then you could try Nabeels AFS2 Cultivation/Scenery editor

This will of course not illuminate the ground but help a bit.

I cant remember exactly but I think I set the light heights at .6meters with in intensity of .3?? This way they are not too powerful in the distance.