Posts by ZoSoChile

Hi John, I have not used the Rift, previously I owned the regular Odyssey and before that the Htc Vive (very similar to Rift specs). The regular Odyssey was indeed an impressive upgrade from the Vive. It made things a lot clearer, all while maintaining high framerates. I recently purchased the Odyssey+ and at first was not the biggest fan of how it felt on my head (getting use to it), but the anti screen door effect on the + is great for looking into the sky and surrounding areas. It did lower a tad bit in clarity but not much around cockpit. In short, these Odysseys do offer an upgraded experience from the Vive and I would recommend making the upgrade if you have the money. Btw I like your profile picture! I'm very familiar with that scene! ^^

Wanted to say adding streetlights all around San Fran area using kenventions light script was one of the best experiences I've had so far in the heli! I took off from Alcatraz and immediately flew towards downtown. I like late dusk settings right when the lights turn on, added with some fog because it really sets the mood. As I make my way towards downtown I noticed that there were lights on top of the buildings! not sure if they were there before but wow did it help bring the city to life. Immediately after I start to see night reflections shining off the buildings (now I'm awestruck), again never noticed before? Visually everything is looking amazing so I move the time forward a bit to find the moon light up and radiate all of San Fran. I laughed in amazement and then decided to pass thru the Golden Gate Bridge finishing it up with a helipad landing back at Alcatraz. Thanks to IPACS and everyone who helps make this sim a fun flying getaway! Truly a great virtual reality experience. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Ray, I would love to see this feature in the future. A map editor type program like FsCloudport, where you can just place, position and it automatically writes a TSC file for you. That would be a dream come true. It can take a long time just to retexture a model in preparation for converting to AF2, finding geo coordinates, having to rotate object so its positioned properly etc. I would love to see the 3D car models and extra airport objects added to FsCloudPort but as Ken said "these guys have day jobs" same here, however I spend all my free time on this simulator ^^. Side note, I remember seeing that FsCloudPort became overwhelmed and crashed (or something like that?) when a created airport had too many models added to it. So maybe adding cars and other objects would be something that would have to be kept minimal. But again who would be crazy enough to map out a parking lot.. This guy. Second side note, just adding Walmarts would make immersion way better, because they are everywhere!! ^^

Phil, I think you made a great choice. I was playing around with the Odyssey+ again and I managed to make it feel comfortable for me. Again the instrument clarity is just a tad bit less than the regular Odyssey however I re configured some button settings and made the "move up and down" buttons easier to reach. It allows me to move (zoom in) the distance I need. Also I had to set the Odyssey to Roomscale in order to lean in like Jeff suggested. Having Odyssey in seated position mode doesn't allow you to physically move in VR. I noticed with the Odyssey+ the HUD displays, specifically "altitude and speed" have alignment issues, making for a horrible double vision effect. This problem does not occur with regular Odyssey. kenventions do you have this problem?

Where can I download that file.

Here is an updated version of the SPC file you need cultivation script updated.zip . To use this script you need to download this version of scenProc . Again before you begin these two steps, you need to collect your OSM data from openstreetmap or collect the OSM data from a program called JOSM (I perfer JOSM method because you can edit your OSM data). Once your OSM data is collected, open scenProc, click open, load SPC file. From there you need to relocate your "ImportOGR" and "ExportTOC" lines to a location you want to collect your files from. If you have any questions just inbox me and I will be happy to help :)

I have just tried out my Odyssey+ and I must say that the screen door is practically eliminated. Aerofly looks a "bit" better when looking into the sky but its not much difference from the Odyssey given the screen resolution. The cockpit is a bit blurrier and it makes me think that we still need a "VR Zoom" function in AF2. Compared to original Vive, the Odyssey+ visually wins by miles. However the Vive and Odyssey put the Odyssey+ to shame when it comes to comfort (Less cheek bone cushion support) :D I think I agree with most of what kenventions opinions were as well, "The difference is subtle." I need to play around with the headset more but as of right now, I kind of like my original Odyssey better and its because of comfort and clarity.