Posts by jpx

To make that work we will need the option to disable grabbing functionality with the virtual hands around the yoke/stick. Nice to see that starting to appear. How easy was vrjoy by the way?

Yes, but sine all aircrafts or helicopters are so different, with only pedals it differs less from aircraft to another... Of course with knuckles, the FFB is more limited, but it simplify greatly the installation and it's better for my WAF (Woman Acceptance Factor) !!!

;-p

Cheers,

JP

Hi Phil,

You are right the BU0836a is better for ikea style, I just have a lot of teensy at home and working often with that device since you can do a lot of thing with it. Concerning the teensy there are a lot of samples code for all, but of course some C skills are needed ;)

DB9 For g940 pedals

- 1 : ground (black)

- 2, 3, 4 : ADC channels (white)

- 5 : +3.3V from teensy (red)

Cheers,

JP

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to create specific approach guide for our own airport creation ?

Is it anyway to draw quickly a 3D polygon in aerofly like with KML files in google earth ?

Thanks,

JP

Nice, thanks for sharing Phil,

VRK software is realy great I didn't order my wacom yet, but I began to use that software.

To workarround the static configuration of VR controleur in aerofly, I found a software bridge to map buttons/sticks from VR Controler to a standard virtual joy. I can now use the two B buttons for Pause and Back functions of Aerofly and small joys of valve knuckles to navigate in VRK. ;)

I used two a teensy board to make an ADC usb joystick connected to my old g940 pedals and remove all other paired G940 devices (stick and throttle).

Now I'm using only valve index knuckles and G940 pedals (no needs of keyboard, mouse etc). I love it.

steam-vr-wheel-2.5.3 : https://github.com/mdovgialo/steam-vr-wheel/releases

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre

Hi,

Sorry, for me the problem was not the fscloud airport but the proximity of an other P3D converted airport. This converted airport seems to be incompatible with Vulkan. In the same time I saw that the frame rendering time was 3x faster with opengl than with vulkan (980TI + Valve Index). So I decide to switch definitly to opengl

Cheers,

Hi,

I have the same problem with new airport I just created like LFFQ (it works with opengl but crashes during loading with vulkan).

That's was not the case before. I noticed that FSCloudPort file generator has changed. Now you have to unzip some file in xrefs folder. Perhaps this change causes the problem ?

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre

you have seen that the VRK download includes a leap motion integration i presume?

I saw that it was an installer was in the archive, but didn't know if VRK use it directly.

I think it vould be a good solution with the wacom VRK pen and I like to fly without joystick, for me, it adds a lot of realism to take the virtual stick of the plane in virtual hand.

Does VRK link the leap motion driver ? to do what ?

Even if you don't write notes on the tablet with a pen you'll probably need the pen to control zoom & pan.

USBvBT: I'm waiting for my Intuos S, so my only experience is with the USB tablet. Hey let me know how you get on with leapmotion - I'd really like to get controller-less hand interaction working.

For those who don't have or want to get a pen tablet, you don't actually need one. You can still see the kneeboard but your options for interacting with it are reduced. You can still page through the content by mapping joystick buttons to page up/down but for the authentic and tactile feel of interacting with a kneeboard I think its a great solution and having the buttons on the kneepad itself makes a lot of sense. The one thing I really wish it had was multi-touch for zoom and pan the way and ipad/android tablet does with your fingers. The developer initially started with that in mind but it became too technically complex and he reverted to using the pen tablet as a more basic input controller, like a type of mouse really.

Phil,

I just read that the "wacom one" version doesn't have the multi touch, but it seems not be used by VRK right know. so ...

Hi,

I noticed a loose of precision in the coordinnate generated by MCX when I convert an xplane scenery into an FS2 scenery

Example :

LatLon (48.808960861, 2.071385519) from the xplane dsf becomes LonLat(2.071441, 48.809026) inside the tsc file. Does MCX use float instead double somewhere that could explain that ?

Can we avoid that in MCX ?

We can see this offset in MCX:Object placement window :

If I correct by hand scenery display become good into AFS2, but it's very looooooong todo by hand ;-p

Thanks in advance,

JPX

Have you setup the location where the AeroFly tools are installed correctly in the options?

Hi Arnog,

Sorry I did'nt saw that you answered me, here is the screenshot of my config :

I tried this evenig with a first convertion into DSF before with FS2XPlane. A lot of TGI are proceeded in temp but at the end, I have a messagebox from aerofly tool :

Does ModelconverterX generate the needed .tmc somewhere before launching aerofly fs2 content converter ?

Your help is welcome ;)

Hi Trepassers,

Thanks for your answer,

What about transforming the scenery to xplane format before via fs2xplane. I looked at the DSF in text, it looks good.

the scenery looks not so bad in WED.

PS : where did you catch this information about France VFR sceneries availability, have you got more details ?

Thanks,

Hi Arnog,

I saw that during the process .tgi file are well written in the temp directory "C:\Users\jpdumont\AppData\Local\Temp\SceneryDesign.org\ModelConverterX\AF2\" just before to be removed at the end of the process. So it seems that the problem is only the written of the .tsc file.

Regards,

Jean-Piere

Hi Arno,

I installed your amazing software ModelConverterX (last dev version) since I read somewhere that it supports importation of .bgl and co and exportation into .tsc and .tgi

I tried, I have no error message but no file are written (no tgi, no tsc)

I noticed that on the log the last line is not present : "finished writing of file ... .tsc" but it's present in the event log window

I checked the target directory for the .tsc and the temp directory for the .tgi, but nothing is written

Could you help me ?

thanks

lib_LFPN_64_log.txt

I hadn’t flown Aerofly for a while but now that I have my Valve Index, I thought I’d give it a shot again.

For those that don’t know, Index can run at 80/90/120/144 frames per second. On 120 fps (just not powerful enough to do 144), and at the higher effective resolution of Index, it looks amazingly real. The Bücker and the Corsair are just really breathtaking. The other planes too, and I haven’t tried them all yet to see how they look in the Index, but with the added smoothness, resolution, slightly more fov, and the sound which is now basically surround sound, it’s pretty nuts. Above a couple of thousand feet it is easy to get lost in the experience. You have to try it to know what I’m talking about but it’s a big step up. Highly, highly, recommended!

Hi Zed,

Thanks for your report, like Spit40 I hesitate between the HP Reverb and the Valve Index.

I currently have a CV1 and like to fly with CV1 touch controllers but have some difficulties to tune radio knob, or to tune the pitch compensator/trim with precision.

So what about the Valve Index Knuckles ? Can you tune easily the double knobs of the radio for example ?

Thanks in advance,

JPX

I don't have this problem of turn off with my oculus CV1 controllers.

But with Dash 2.0 you cannot control the pinned window without leaving the focus on the simulator.

And when you switch to the Pinned window context, the pinned window is always moving a little (grrr !!!)

I imagine that is the same with WMR or OpenVR solutions ?

cheers,