Posts by knivesout33

Got it to work again!

It turns out that there wasn't a "database" folder where registry was pointing (F:\AeroScenery\database\).

I just manually created that folder and copied that old aeroscenery.db to it. :D

Things you could improve on future releases:

- Add an uninstaller to completely remove files and registry data

- Create a new aeroscenery.db if none is found.

- Better error handling on program startup. "aeroscenery.db not found!", "corrupt installation", etc.

Thanks a lot! I'll keep testing it and reporting new findings.

Cheers!

Hmm. Can you try to start it then go to Start Menu > Type "Event Viewer" > Windows Logs > Application

You'll probably see something from AeroScenery in there. Paste it in here and I'll take a look.

If you go to your Windows Documents folder > AeroScenery > database, rename areoscenery.db to _aeroscenery.db. Try starting the app again and it'll create a new database.

If that does work, could you zip the _aeroscenery.db and attach it here as it'll help me debug what's gone wrong.

Thanks.

Thanks for the message! I see 3 events created on "Event Viewer" when I try to load AeroScenery (posted below).

I tried uninstalling AeroScenery and deleting the whole AeroScenery folder from Windows Documents folder. When I reinstall the program and try to run it, it does not create the areoscenery.db file, only a areoscenery.txt is created. I'm uploading this .txt file as well.

The attached areoscenery.db file seems to be from yesterday while it was still working. I dunno if it will help you.

What changed in my computer since AeroScenery was working:

- I moved Aerofly FS 2 installation to an external USB HD (F:) using Steam's "move installation" function.

- I configured AeroScenery to create sceneries to that external F: drive.

- I turned on the windows suggestion to fix blurred apps. (I turned it off now)

I hope that helps. Tell me if you need any more files. Thanks for the patience!

PS: Is there a PayPal I can donate to keep this project running? I would gladly donate. :)

Application: AeroScenery.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, Int32)

at AeroScenery.Data.SqlLiteDataRepository.CreateDatabase()

at AeroScenery.Data.SqlLiteDataRepository.UpgradeDatabase()

at AeroScenery.AeroSceneryManager.Initialize()

at AeroScenery.Program.Main()

--------------------

Faulting application name: AeroScenery.exe, version: 0.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b55a68e

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.165, time stamp: 0xb0bb231d

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000000000003a388

Faulting process id: 0x2ef0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4277579dc4adf

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\AeroScenery\AeroScenery.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: bfb868d6-c015-43fc-92c8-71f4a918d772

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

------------------

Fault bucket 1818022271583231130, type 5

Event Name: CLR20r3

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: AeroScenery.exe

P2: 0.3.0.0

P3: 5b55a68e

P4: mscorlib

P5: 4.7.3160.0

P6: 5b3bea33

P7: 1679

P8: fd

P9: System.IO.DirectoryNotFound

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER396A.tmp.mdmp

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3A07.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3B8F.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3C48.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3C59.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_AeroScenery.exe_40fe4b48edbcccbd6cfe419d7d1319fe6258d3_723bf4bd_27b5431e

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: bfb868d6-c015-43fc-92c8-71f4a918d772

Report Status: 2147487744

Hashed bucket: 331ddca68c9cdd9c693ae99fab779c9a

Cab Guid: 0

Hey guys! I was using AeroScenery normally until I had to quit it to shut down the computer while it was working. I pressed STOP and then GeoConvert window showed up. I tried to quit it and it didn't exit. I then had to force quit it.

Anyway, I turned on the computer today and tried to load AeroScenery and the app just won't open. I see the "loading mouse cursor" for a few seconds and then nothing happens. I uninstalled AeroScenery and installed again and the same thing happens. I just can't load it anymore.

Any tips? I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.