Posts by Fabs79

I think there's a site called VR optician that sells insert lenses for most headsets in almost any Dioptrien strength, though they are not cheap. But if you don't need to wear your glasses anymore it might be worth it.

Considering the Rift S, I was also thinking about upgrading from a Rift CV 1 to a Rift S until I read that Facebook plan to release a kit for the standalone Oculus Quest that essentially makes it a PC headset like the Rift S but with a higher resolution for the same price. Any news on that?

It´s good to hear I´m not alone. Another thing I was thinking of is that maybe the fact that not all the vertices are connected to each other causes the issue. My model has several components that I just moved into place so it looks like they are connected, but in fact they aren´t, i.e. the vertices of the turbine rotor blades are not directly connected via an edge with the vertices of the "nose" and so on. If all vertices need to be connected I´d need to use a whole different approach to modeling from the beginning. It would make things considerably harder.

each geometry in your 3d model is displayed when the model is placed onto the terrain. The height offset comes from different 3d origins for each geometry which is useful to displace buildings by different amounts.

You need to make sure that all objects that belong to your model share the exact same pivot point or 3d origin otherwise each part is going to be moved according to the terrain height directly underneath the origin, which at a slope means the parts move relative to each other.

Hi again,

I did what you suggested but still no luck, in fact it looks even worse now with the wind turbines sunken halfway into the ground and the rotor still detached. I set all the 3D origins of the individual components to the bottom of the pylon of the turbine because I assumed that the simulator would place the origin on ground level height. But obviously there's still something wrong? Is there a certain way to correctly place a 3D origin of the model? At the bottom? At the center of the geometry? Another thing that came to my mind was that maybe the export to collada format had something to do with the problem? Maybe the origin is not preserved correctly? Blender doesn't have a direct export option for Aerofly so I have to somehow get the model into MCX, But maybe exporting to .3ds format might help?

Asked much as I appreciate Just Flight's support for Aerofly the recent aircraft are too similar in my eyes to justify buying them all, at least for me. Apart from the Duchess they are all single engine piston aircraft with at least similar performance specs. I'd love to see something like a single engine turbine aircraft like a C208 or a Pilatus PC 6, or something to complement the recently released Lukla scenery like a Twin Otter.

each geometry in your 3d model is displayed when the model is placed onto the terrain. The height offset comes from different 3d origins for each geometry which is useful to displace buildings by different amounts.

You need to make sure that all objects that belong to your model share the exact same pivot point or 3d origin otherwise each part is going to be moved according to the terrain height directly underneath the origin, which at a slope means the parts move relative to each other.

Thanks Jan, I suspected it had something to do with autoheight and the fact that I made the model by assembling different components. I just thought that by joining the components into a single object before export they would automatically share the same origin but obviously somehow the original origin is preserved within the models. I'll try setting all origins to the same 3D location before joining the parts and see what happens.

Hi, I made a custom 3D model for a wind turbine and tried to get it into Aerofly. Here is what the model looks like in Blender:

Then I converted it to .dae (Collada) format and loaded in into Model Converter X:

As you can see, the geometry still displays correctly. But now I placed several of those turbines into their corresponding geolocations using MCX placement tool and converted the scenery to Aerofly FS2 format. The .tsc file looks like this:

<[file][][]

<[tmsimulator_scenery_place][][]

<[string8][type][object]>

<[string8][sname][windturbine1]>

<[string8][lname][windturbine1]>

<[string8][icao][]>

<[string8][country][]>

<[string8][coordinate_system][lonlat]>

<[vector2_float64][position][-13.596496 28.99792]>

<[float64][height][0]>

<[float64][size][500]>

<[vector2_float64][tower_position][0 0]>

<[float64][tower_height][0]>

<[bool][autoheight][true]>

<[string8][autoheight_method][]>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object][objects][]

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][0]

<[string8][geometry][windturbine1]>

<[vector3_float64][position][-13.595747 28.99925 0]>

<[float64][orientation][0]>

<[int32][autoheight_override][-1]>

>

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][1]

<[vector3_float64][position][-13.596179 28.998506 0]>

>

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][2]

<[vector3_float64][position][-13.596654 28.997807 0]>

>

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][3]

<[vector3_float64][position][-13.597244 28.996791 0]>

>

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][4]

<[vector3_float64][position][-13.596954 28.996589 0]>

>

>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object_animated][objects_animated][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_runway][runways][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_helipad][helipads][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_startposition][start_positions][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_parking_position][parking_positions][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_view_position][view_positions][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][cultivation_files][]

>

>

>

But once I load up Aerofly, I get this:

As you can see the individual parts of the model get detached from each other and are displaced by several feet. The rotor blades are detached from the "nose", the nose from the generator and the generator is lifted off the pylon it should rest upon. If you look closely, you can even see that the displacement is not always the same, the rotor is moved downwards in the turbine closest to the camera and upwards in the one furthest away. I have no idea how to amend that. Does anyone know what causes this?

Cheers, Fabian

I noticed the exact same thing. The problem seems to be that the Scenproc script used to generate the cultivation uses the keyword "park" to place trees, which for the Central "Park" in NYC would be adequate, but not really appropriate for the Timanfaya National "Park". If you want I can send you alternative cultivation files for lanzarote via email I created for myself which also correct some other things like seven story buildings all over the place, trees east of the Papagayo beaches area and so on. These files are part of a long term project that I started a while ago to improve the overall quality of my favorite Canary Island, but it will probably take months before I'm finished with it. If you want to try out the preliminary content just send me a pm.

Cheers, Fabian

Edit : considering the large factory type buildings, if you take a look at the original osm data for lanzarote, the osm coverage really is that bad. It's incomplete and inaccurate. If developers just use raw osm data as a source for their cultivation you'll end up with results like this. There problem is that osm quality is very inconsistent, my home town Freiburg in Germany has near perfect coverage, while many places on earth are badly represented or even not at all existent

OK, converting my Prepar3d models to a format readable by MCX and then converting them to Aerofly proved a little more difficult than I initially hoped, but at least some of them were usable with a little editing (those are early works so don´t expect anything fancy):

These are the Callanish stone circle, the Carloway Broch and the Gearrannan Blackhouses. If anyone is still interested I´ll try to put them into Michael´s Outer Hebrides scenery, but I´m not at home right now so I don´t have Aerofly right now. I´m also thinking about creating some new models for the Outer Hebrides from scratch, but that will have to wait cause I´m away for a few months starting November.

Cheers, Fabian

The outer hebrides have a special place in my heart, I've been to Lewis and Harris a few years ago with my wife and though we expected the worst weather imaginable we actually had three days of sunshine there. We rented a camping pod right below the callanish stone circle and the sunset was magical. I even made some small sceneries for Prepar3d V2 with custom 3D models for the Callanish stone circle, the Carloway Broch and the Gearrannan Blackhouse village. If you're interested I could try to convert those files to Aerofly and send them to you so you could include them in your project.

I hope the hand and finger tracking works better than leap motion did in P3D. Depending on the position of buttons it was hard to impossible to push certain buttons. Also the aircraft had to be specifically configured for the hand controls to work, some switches and levers had their functions reversed, so when you grabbed the throttle and pulled it out it would move forward instead. I gave it up and used the mouse again instead.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will give it a go. I am right now working on a few places in New Zealand. I don't think anyone made specific AFS2 buildings for it, thus I think I'll go just with the base buildings for now.

Kind regards, Michael

Michael, if you need specific reference photos from New Zealand, let me know. I'll be staying there from November to January, so maybe I can help you out.

Dann habe ich es. :)

Hattest Du vor der Installation von Utah dort gar nichts?

Utah wurde ursprünglich als DLC nachgeliefert genau wie Colorado. Vielleicht ist es nachträglich in das Hauptprogramm integriert worden, aber meines Wissens hat Aerofly ursprünglich nur Kalifornien, Nevada und Arizona abgedeckt, vielleicht irre ich mich aber auch, ist schon eine Weile her.

Oder ist es bei der DVD-Version schon in der Grundinstallation enthalten? Zumindest sieht die Landschaft so aus und es gibt auch einige Flughäfen.

Also wenn du airports wie bryce Canyon, canyonlands oder Salt Lake city in deiner map Ansicht findest hast du Utah

Ach ja, und soweit ich weiß war auch die unglaublich gute Monument Valley Szenerie mit detaillierten Felsfirmationen, Hotelanlagen und dem Monument Valley Airport UT25 teil des Utah DLC, da bin ich mir nicht mehr ganz sicher weil das MV direkt an der Grenze zwischen Arizona und Utah liegt.

Ich verstehe euch nicht, ihr habt so große Ansprüche aber geboten bekommen wir doch nichts außer ganz großen Texturmatsch was bei jeder Sim ausnahmslos besser ausschaut selbst bei Sims die länger als 10 Jahre zurückliegen, außer in den Gebieten der USA und den DLCs die sich wirklich sehen lassen können. Da von Ansprüchen reden empfinde ich als Hohn, ich habe doch zumindest lieber Landschaftstexturen wo man zumindest etwas erkennen kann, anstatt Matsch wo man nur zwischen Land und Wasser unterscheiden kann. Bis auch nur annähernd alle Kontinente per nachgereichten DLCs gut ausschauen, vergehen wohl noch 10 Jahre und unsere Brieftasche ist um Tausend Euro ärmer wenn ich für ein kleines Land wie die Niederlande 30 Euro zahlen muss. Kann doch nicht Sinn und Zweck sein sich selbst Landschaften mühsam zu erstellen oder herauszusuchen die dann auch noch mehrere TB auf der Festplatte verschlingen. Dann lieber Landschaften wo man genauer hinschauen muss um Sehenswürdigkeiten wieder zuerkennen als das man nichts rein gar nichts erkennt, geile Cockpits gepaart mit einer Landschaft als hätte man nur 5% Sehkraft, das geht einfach nicht in der heutigen Zeit, erinnert mich von den Landschaften an den Combat Air Patrol von 1996, der zweite Teil ist im Early Access und deren Landschaft umfasst bisher 250.000 Quadratkilometer wunderschöne und geographisch exakt modellierte Landschaft. Will auch nicht erst zig GB herunterladen um in Gebiete sofern überhaupt schon vorhanden zu fliegen, wo man was erkennen kann. Wäre der Texturmatsch nicht, dann würde ich jedem zu einer VR Brille raten nur für Aerofly FS 2

Also ehrlich gesagt verstehe ich dich noch weniger. Ich habe immer noch keine Rechte Vorstellung davon wie du den Simulator eigentlich nutzen willst. Meiner Erfahrung nach gibt es im wesentlichen drei Gruppen von Sim Nutzern. Die einen fliegen große Airliner über weite Strecken. Für die ist ein möglichst großes Gebiet mit ausreichender Abdeckung wichtig, Detailtreue der Landschaft eher weniger bzw nur in der Nähe größerer Flughäfen weil man aus 35000 Fuß Höhe am Boden eh kaum was erkennt. Die anderen fliegen sichtflug in niedriger Höhe mit kleinen Cessna, Pipers etc oder Hubschraubern. Hier zählt jedes Detail und eine hohe Auflösung der texturen, dafür reicht ein kleineres Gebiet weil man bei 120 Knoten cruise speed eh kaum längere Strecken fliegen kann. Und die dritte Gruppe wechselt zwischen beiden Arten zu fliegen hin und her.I

Und wie genau nutzt du den simulator? Bisher habe ich nur herausgehört dass du dir eine weltweite Abdeckung wünschst und den A320 fliegst. Hast du dich über die Abdeckung von Aerofly vorher informiert? Wird Aerofly als Simulator mit weltweiter Abdeckung beworben und du fühlst dich getäuscht? Ich wusste beim Kauf genau dass ich nicht in Hamburg, restdeutschland oder anderswo fliegen kann weil es da eben keine Szenerie für gibt. Aber die Defaultszenerie umfasst schonmal vier amerikanische Bundesstaaten und kostenlos gibt es noch Utah und Colorado in guter bis sehr guter Qualität dazu. Die schweiz habe ich im Weihnachtsabgebot für fünf oder zehn Euro gekauft und es ist zusammen mit drassaud's freeware cultivation eine der besten Szenerien die ich je in irgendeinem Simulator gesehen habe. Das von dir zitierte Combat Air Patrol Teil zwei umfasst bisher 250.000 Quadratkilometer geographisch korrekt? Also allein der oben erwähnte kostenlos verfügbare Bundesstaat Utah hat schonmal laut Google 220.000 Quadratkilometer mit einem exakten Höhenmodell und Bodentexturen in 1 m pro Pixel Auflösung und dutzende Flughäfen in teils hoher Qualität sowie hochwertige Regionen wie das Monument Valley, das in anderen Simulatoren nur als Payware von ORBX für P3D oder von Frank Dainese für Xplane akzeptabel aussieht und selbst dann noch schlechter als die kostenlose Aerofly Version. Kalifornien allein hat 423000 Quadratkilometer und Flughäfen wie KSFO oder KLAX auf einem Niveau von Payware in anderen Simulatoren, brilliante Stadtszenerien für San Francisco und Los Angeles. Wenn ich die default Abdeckung von Aerofly und die beiden kostenlosen DLC Utah und Colorado zusammennehme übersteigt die Abdeckung das von dir erwähnte Early Access Spiel locker um das sechsfache. Also wo genau ist das Problem? Hast du dich bei Combat Air Patrol Teil zwei auch schon über die fehlende weltweite Abdeckung beschwert? Oder wird die nach verlassen der Early Access Phase nachgeliefert? Das müsste ich mir dann echt mal anschauen.

Und bevor du jetzt wieder von FlyInside und streaming von Satellitenbildern anfängst, bitte zeig mir doch mal ein FlyInside Video von San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, Monument Valley.... Und Vergleiche die Regionen mit denen aus Aerofly. Würde mich wirklich interessieren. Natürlich braucht man diese hohe Qualität nicht unbedingt wenn man nur in zehn Kilometer Höhe unterwegs ist aber dann ist Aerofly einfach nicht der richtige Simulator für dich und mit etwas Vorabrecherche hättest du die Enttäuschung vermeiden können und müsstest dich nicht beschweren. Lange Rede kurzer Sinn, für mich geht Qualität immer vor Quantität und eine Qualität wie in Aerofly und dessen den DLCs weltweit zu erwarten ist absolut illusorisch und gestreamte unbearbeitete Satellitenbilder von Bing mit ein paar quadratischen grauen Kästchen als Häuser drauf erfüllen meine Ansprüche und die vieler anderer eben nicht.