Posts by DeanAngelo03

where can i find the amount of time it takes for the engines to boot up, idk if there is a [duration] for this.

i have a nice PTU sound that is really cool on bootup and I GOT IT TO WORK yay. i just want it to last longer but this corresponds to the EngineN1 speed. So that means i have to make the boot up last longer.

Copy that sir

One last question before I stop bugging you,

Gears Sound:

There is N/L/RightGearExtendedSound, GearDown/UpSound, N/L/RightGearTransitionSound1/2/3. I have the gear sound of when beging deployed and retracted. Which on do I put this sound in [soundfile]

Also also, sorry, but where can I change the in game name of the plane. It still says A320 even though I names the file and stuff in it a320mod EDIT NEVERMIND FOUND IT

second try

using the MECH button as a trigger...

Code
    //<[input_button][MechanicCallButton][]
                //    <[string8][Input][Calls.Mechanic]>
                //    <[string8][Events]       [ OverheadLowerLeftCircularButtonSoundIn.Trigger  ]>
                //    <[string8][EventsRelease][ OverheadLowerLeftCircularButtonSoundOut.Trigger ]>
                //>
                <[input_button][MechanicCallButton][]
                    <[string8][Input][Calls.Mechanic]>
                    <[string8][Events]       [ OverheadLowerLeftCircularButtonSoundIn.Trigger  ]>
                    <[string8][EventsRelease][ PassengerEnteringCabinSound.Trigger ]>
                >

and it should play this sound

and I get nothing. It plays the OverheadLowerLeftCircularButtonSoundIn.Trigger very well but it doesn't play anything when I release.

Do i need to make it a [sound_event]. I would still like the trigger to be the cockpit door switch

I can change the

<[string8][EventsUp] [ CockpitDoorSwitchSound.Trigger ]>

<[string8][EventsDown][ CockpitDoorSwitchSound.Trigger ]>

to different .Triggers but idk if that will works.

Update

the trigger for say:

the play the sound:

I got the sound to play but it doesn't matter what state the switch is on, it keeps playing when I spawn the plane. How do I make it stop when the switch is no longer in [-1.0] and trigger when it is on [-1.0]?

I got this so far. I have the passanger_enter.wav and now need to make a tigger but how, I want this to be played similar to the cockpit_background but only when the cockpit lock switch is on unlocked

I found this, three states for the switch which is good.

big goal, just play a sound when the switch is on lock. If i can do this, i can add custom sounds for so many buttons that add immersion!

aight, welp. This was a fun attempt. I will try to add more stuff later but I can't seem to make this sound work as I like, maybe it is muffled by all the other sounds I have added hahaha thanks for the help Jan.

I just set it to 5000 for now and will se later.

NICE I GOT NO MORE ERRORS. Aye, now I need to mess with the threshold

3.46-tmmodelmanager: loading dynamics begin 'a320mod'...

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |PositionID| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |VelocityID| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |InputTrigger| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |InputVolume| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |InputPitch| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |SoundFile| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |Threshold| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |Direction| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |External| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |PositionID| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |VelocityID| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |InputTrigger| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |InputVolume| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |InputPitch| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |SoundFile| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |Threshold| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |Direction| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |External| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |PositionID| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |VelocityID| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |InputTrigger| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |InputVolume| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |InputPitch| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.63-tmfile_properties: property |SoundFile| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.63-tmfile_properties: property |Threshold| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.63-tmfile_properties: property |Direction| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.63-tmfile_properties: property |External| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.65-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: error loading tmd file 'a320mod'.

3.68-tmsimulator: ERROR: (syntax error loading model 'a320mod')

3.68-tmsimulator: loading fallback model...

...found the erroe

had to slash it all out bc something is wrong but cannot troubleshoot it

I get a red box with STOP on it hahaha

these are my [output]

Code
    //GEAR TOUCHDOWN SOUND
                <[output][NoseTouchdown][]
                    <[string8][Input][FrontWheelHullLeft.Load]>
                >
                <[output][LeftTouchdown][]
                    <[string8][Input][LeftWheelHullLeft.Load]>
                >
                <[output][RightTouchdown][]
                    <[string8][Input][RightWheelHullLeft.Load]>
                >

ok got it, do i need a threshold or direction? what do they do. For the sound to play, how high should the threshold be, is the max 1.0 as 100%=very hard landing?

Defining nose touchdown but I dont know what goes in INPUT

Code
    //            <[output][NoseTouchdown][]
    //                <[string8][Input][FrontWheelHullLeft.WHATS GOES HERE]>

The only words I know that go in there are load, speed, and skid. I want to use the damper for I am assuming it states how hard I landed.

and in the sound section I wrote

I have everything ready but I dont know how to proceed from here.

Is there a way to use something else rather than a sound map, something like a one time event. Once the wheels touch the ground, like a skid, play the touchdown sound?

or would I use an event, but this isn't like pressing a button... hmmmm I know there are some unused buttons on the a320, maybe I will be able to create an event that is if you press this button, then the wheels will go move in 5 negative value (-5 knots) and if you press it again, it will return to 0.