Posts by DeanAngelo03

nevermind. I got it, after some messing around. I will now tri doing the touchdown effect. I found some defined stuff already I might try to use.

i found these nice things.

are the [outputs] the defined parts of this nose gear? If so, can I use the [GroundRollLoadNose] as the soundmapping something like

Code
    [soundmapping][GroundRollLoadNose][]
                    <[string8][Input][GroundRollSpeedNose.Output]>
                    <[tmvector2d][Map][ (value value) ]>

or do i create a definition for the damper and the more it damps the louder the touchdown sound effect?

I have the sound for left, right, and nose gear so I will do the sound effects for all three. After i am done I would like for it to be implemented to the game for others.

ik this is a cheat and asking for a lot, but anyone know how i can start? I have been reading the tutorials and maybe I will wait for the devs to add something similar to this or another person does it. For now I will just do the easy work hehe.

I see that the landing gear is already defined but have no clue how to write the sound code.

sounds great, I will try to mess with this but it sounds complicated.

I will struggle trying to define the gear touchdown unless there is a defined point already and I can just use it to play a sound. I really want the touchdown sound effect hahaha.

Thanks Jan

i have a wheel touchdown soundeffect from landing.

Looking at the code in the gear section, how could I add a section where it would behave like the skidding but just on touchdown

essentially

and this is a my rough draft

C
    <[soundloop][NoseGearTouchdownSound][]                         //same thing but for RightGearTouchdown and LeftGearTouchdown
                    <[uint32][PositionID][something.R]>            //what goes in somehting
                    <[uint32][VelocityID][something.V]>            //what goes in something
                    <[string8][InputVolume]["what goes in here"]>    
                    <[string8][InputPitch]["what goes in here"]>
                    <[string8][SoundFile][touchdown.wav]>           //i have the files for nose, left, and right gear touchdown
     and will name the same
                    <[bool][External][false]>

also, how do I define when the sound shall be played. I would like to add a [soundmultiply] based on the vertical speed of the touchdown but idk how.

i found the engine start

Code
    //          //  <[soundloop][Engine2LoopInternStart][]
    //          //      <[uint32][PositionID][Engine2Body.R]>
    //          //      <[uint32][VelocityID][Engine2Body.V]>
    //          //      <[string8][InputVolume][Engine2VolumeStart.Output]>
    //          //      <[string8][InputPitch][Engine2PitchStart.Output]>
    //          //      <[string8][SoundFile][a320_engine_start.wav]>
    //          //      <[bool][External][false]>
    //          //  >

all slashed by you guys, I will add the custom sounds using this layout

Aye thanks man. Will do. I’ll assume there is a tutorial on adding custom sounds right. Thanks a lot.

I’ve gotten the sounds for the engines and more done, it’s sounds really nice.

Some sounds come from my audio recording when flying the A320 :)

If there isn’t a a tutorial, I’ll try to follow the layout of the other sounds.

Is it like (and this is definitely what it looks like)

>if I press ignition 2 then play sound ?

Thanks

Dean Bartolome

I’ll put a video up after I’m done. Maybe tomorrow I don’t know yet.

I am have some sound files I want to convert to tsb. I know what the fall, half, and idle sound effects are among others.

Here is a list of of the names I don't know what they mean or correspond to because I want to add and replace most sounds:

full_buzz (is this the humming when the plane is on?) edit: on the ground

cabin_call (I am assuming this is the DING sound that isn't loud in the sim)

cockpit_background (no clue) AC Background noice?

detent

generator_contractor_off/on (is this the APU, if so, I am happy with the sound and won't replace it)

ground_roll (I am assuming this is the in cabin sound when the aircraft is taxiing)

skid (is this the touchdown sound effect)

where can I find:

door sound effect

ignition sound effect

can I get these answered soon because I want to start converting!

Also, how long should the sound effect be? Especially for the engines?

Thanks

Dean Bartolome :)

Hey welcome!

The developers firstly release the updates as betas for pc users (steam users) to squash the bugs. After this, it’s released to everyone. I believe it will be a bit longer for the mobile version just like when the 777 released.

Hiiii goood news.

Yes, you’d select the aircraft, select a spawn (gate or stand), and your be presented with having the plane cold and start, electric on, full on with engines running.

Yes, the flight plan is already set if you use the NAVIGATION UI. No manual input unless you want to.

All functions can be assigned a key. Views, toggle reverse, and even breaking. You can assign brakes as together or separate. Once you toggle reverse thrust you need to hold it. If you have it assigned as a button, press and hold. If it’s on an axis, hold it down or at max. I have it as a button on my throttle quadrant but pushing it down.

You can assigns Brakes as left and right or together in the controller setting.