Posts by FL54

There's something else and rather strange going on with the flaps.

Even with the flaps selected up, they don't fully retract below 500-600kts and below 100kts they retract on their own.....

edit: just 'upgraded' from the release to the beta version and the problem is even 'worse' now (I'm 95% sure). In the beta the aileron droop is also active with the 'maneuvering' flaps, in the release version only the flaps are extending/retracting in the 'maneuvering mode.

That's apparently not a bug in the speedbrake/spoiler system, but in the throttle system since it is impossible to select anything lower than idle in flight.

Why the spoiler are connected to the wheelbrakes at this low speed..I don't know

I don't understand that request. You can't go below idle in flight (and you shouldn't on ground during taxiing either)

Since I'm unable to find the correct VC control or anything in the wiki; is there a way to adjust the HUD brightness in these planes like in the MB339 ?

Speaking of the F-15; Are there any plans to correct the primary and secondary flight controls?

1. Please remove the aileron droop with flap extension.

2. Please correct flap relief function since it activates way too early. It starts to retract the flaps at 170kts....instead of 250kts.

When selected down, the flaps should start to extend again at 240kts.

I love the F-15 but in external view with the drooped ailerons she looks really very weird.

Thanx in advance :)

And the Aerofly F/A-18 doesn't get sucked down to the ground at very low altitude. The Aerofly graphics engine is miles above DCS, especially since the latest version in DCS where every cockpit is super shiny....

And also rather important, in Aerofly you have a working replay feature ;)

A little question, why dont you play DCS with the f18 module?

I mean it is the most realistic f18 you will get in a sim and you can perform realistic with it?

Although the DCS F/A-18 has more realistic avionics etc. the Aerofly version is much more immersive (mainly due to the better graphics) and more fun to fly IMO.

The runway (727m/2385ft) seems to be too short for the Ducess. The Ducess takes off at the end of the runway.

Looks like there's something seriously wrong with the flight model. Even on a grass runway at MTOW and at 40°C OAT the required takeoff roll is less than 450m IRL.

Over the departure end from the runway you should be at almost 50ft under these conditions.

At 71kts (flaps and gear up) she should climb very nicely. At 40°C and MTOW at 85kts the ROC should be 1100ft/min.

In real world, international airports have runways ligths always enabled (day and night). In futur, it is possible to add an option into .tsc file to set ligths enabled always ?

Where did you get this info from? On many big airports like e.g. JFK, they are only turned on during the day in low visibility.

I honestly don't understand your requests except the speedbrake light and operation.

You do have DCS already and in no way the Aerofly F/A-18 will come even close to the DCS F/A-18.

No problem since the runway lights are functional. So you do have enough guidance. The only thing that's rather difficult to judge without landing lights is the flare height.

But I agree. Working landing/taxi/flare lights are one of the big missing realism/immersion item in this sim.

You missed the blue radial. I don't know why the JF model does not have it. I think it is required for all twins with wing mounted engines.

That's incorrect. This applies only to twins with a 'fixed' VYSE, which means very light twins.

To stay on topic, the top panel looks way too 'flat' and 2D like. No subtle shadows etc.

The AH seems to be identical, just uses different colors.

The current piston twin engine sound is not great, the extreme noise and vibration from unsynchronised props on take off should be a most prominent feature and setting up the climb power and adjusting the in real life very loud propeller beat with the blue levers to synchronise the engines 100% should be the most attention grabbing feature of the first thousand feet of the climb. If FS2 doesn’t get that in the end it will be a very pale simulation of a twin.

Interesting observation. I have the impression that the Baron engine/prop sound is really good, much better and more realistic than anything in FSX/P3D.

I don't understand why Justflight claims that their MP/RPM sound bug is a sim limitation since it clearly works very nicely e.g. with the default Baron.

And contrary to the reviewers opinion, IRL the engine sound doesn't really change when reducing/increasing MP (with the props still in the governing range)

HDG and NAV are two different functions. The HDG red flag is removed when the Heading function is engaged. The NAV red flag is removed when the Navigation function is engaged. Read this until you understand that one will not affect the other.

There is no bug, it is a failure to understand how the red flags work and what is required for them to be hidden on the HSI. 😲

Looks like you don't understand how the red flags are working IRL. The red heading flag never appears if the gyro is (correctly) powered!

Red flags are always failure flags, hence the heading flag should only appear if the gyro malfunctions.

So think what you want...

What you useless and impolite reply. I know rather incompetent RW Dash8 pilots and excellent GA only pilots.

I've got more than 17000hrs in almost everything ranging from gliders to high performance jets and heavy jets, but this doesn't mean a lot.

I'm out.

By flare I mean keeping the nose up longer to bleed some speed and for smoother landing, a perfect landing is a controlled stall (GA plane not Airliner)

The reason for the flare (pitch increase) is not to bleed speed, but to reduce the ROD.

Concerning GA planes; Not every GA plane should be landed in a stalled condition and you definitely don't to the get that slow for a perfect landing.

The guy in the second video unintentionally demonstrates how difficult directional control becomes once you get really slow.

Just look at the 3:10 point how far he deviates from the centerline.

I don't know where this 'no flare' nonsense comes from.

In all 3 above posted videos you can clearly see a noticeable flare!

As a reference simply compare the position of the white eye-level indicators and the horizon.