Posts by FL54

Any idea how to limit reverse thrust N1?

Btw. it would be great if the reverse thrust would have a minus command like most other commands as well.

That way one could assign a rotary selector to increase/decrease reverse thrust.

An additional minus or up command for the gear would be very nice as well.

witzig !

Da fehlen dann ja nur noch die 5000 Euro für den derzeit besten Rechner ( und selbst auf dem muss man die

Grafik in VR noch endlos runterschrauben will man keine Dia-Show sehen ) und derzeit kann man nicht mal

entsprechendes kaufen, wenn man denn wollte ... weil ausverkauft .

That's not a valid comparison.

If turn down the MSFS functionality and graphics to FS2 level, I get a similar framerate, but I still can fly everywhere in the world.

It would be really great to be able to toggle between forward and reverse thrust by assigning a button and hence being able to use the throttle to select either idle or max reverse.

That would be the most realistic option, especially for aircraft like the A320 where normal thrust and reverse thrust are located on the same lever.

I've just received my Gladiator NXZ and due to the reverse logic in FS2 I can't even use one of the rotary encoders for reverse thrust.

I don't know a single (quality) joystick which has more than one separate axis and that's always being used as throttle.

Presently I have to assign a button which only enables the use of max reverse thrust (and unrealistically needs to be continuously pushed down).

Being able to use idle reverse (without the need to look down and pull the reverse lever up with the mouse) would be very nice, especially considering that even the new MSFS still has the thrust reverser animation completely wrong.

edit: tried editing the tmd file on the Lear and change max reverse from -1 to -0.11, but this didn't have any effect except to slow down N1 increase in reverse.

Tried to find photos from the 747/777 with the disengage bar down, but wasn't successful.

On the 767 it's simply an amber surface behind the bar (most likely identical on the 747)

and on the 787 the same surface is hatched amber/black (most likely identical on the 777)

Images

• 787_AP.jpg

I've noticed that the engine sound in the cockpit is as loud as in external view (its loudest in cabin view) which doesn't make sense.

Especially in heavies like the 747 and 777 it's pretty quiet in the cockpit IRL. The volume at full thrust shouldn't be higher than it is presently at idle.

IRL you get a nice aural confirmation that you are airborne when you hear the 'click' of the autobrakes switch when there's no more weight on wheels.

Btw, this switch sound is missing on the 777.

Is it possible to reduce the cockpit engine sound volume in e.g. the tmd file, and if yes, where?

The AP disengage bar isn't a toggle switch IRL. It should stay in the new position when you click on it.

E.g. if the bar is moved to the down position, it should stay down (and hence prevent AP engagement).

In the 747 in the down position (movement should be animated the same way as in the 777) it should reveal an amber area.

In the 777 this area is painted amber with black stripes.

...small details like having the option to start from cold and dark, ready to taxi, etc,

I hope that IPACS will equip a few other aircraft with the cold & dark option as well.

Presently it's less than 50% of the default aircraft. Especially in case of the Boeings and warbirds this would be nice.

Furthermore in airliners (and in military jets) you need to be able to precisely control the ROD.

Once you are at idle thrust, the only way to achieve that is the variable extension of the speed brakes.

ikbenik, I still don't understand how you are able to extend/retract the speed brakes with a joystick button, especially apparently only retracted or fully extended.

That's a bug. The prop should start turning already when motoring the engine.

Btw. N1 is the gas generator RPM and N2 prop RPM.

If you motor the engine, EGT can't rise, if it changes, it usually drops).

What's much more disturbing is the gross prop overspeed (>2500RPM) with the power levers in ground fine and the condition levers at low.