Posts by FL54

You have apparently set the ILS correctly according to the map :) , but as mentioned above, the frequency is wrong on the map!

You need to set it to 111.35.

Either left or right click on the aircraft symbol. The starting position will be where the green aircraft symbol on the map appears.

edit: NAV 1 is on the left (captain) side and NAV 2 on the right (copilot) side.

Just tried, I can't set the frequency on the instrument panel (the white circled area in your screenshot).

I need to use the FMC or the NAV radios on the pedestal.

Until 2:10 the setup is correct.

Your point of departure is KO09 RWY 10 so that's what you should choose as your starting location, that's all.

At 2:14 you are choosing a different starting location.

Short final is close to the runway to train just the flare and landing.

Long final means you can train flying e.g. the ILS approach.

You can choose both final options as starting points of course, but in this case you don't need to setup the navigation from KO09 to KMHR.

The interesting part in the video is missing. Where do you actually start the flight from? KO09 or long final KMHR?

Concerning the screenshot; You are way too slow for the flap setting. At 140kts the flaps need to be the full down at the 40° position.

Impossible to tell from the screenshot, but it looks like 111.3 isn't set on NAV1. That's why you get the red OFF flags.

The approach mode will always work if the ILS frequency is set correctly.

edit: just tested and you simply had bad luck by choosing KMHR 22L.......the ILS frequency is wrong in the sim.

So it's not your fault!

The correct frequency is 111.35.

For flap extension I suggest you use this approximate schedule.

<200kts flaps 5

<180kts flaps 15

<160kts flaps 25

<150kts flaps 30 or 40

For example, I keep setting up flights and sometimes my green indicator for approach is non existent. What area would I look in to fix that?

Or sometimes, the flight starts, I see the green thing on the bottom. eventually it disappears but I think nothing of it because I have my flight lined up anyway, but it never comes back. I should have been in approach at this point in this screen shot but the bar was missing :(

The 'green thing on the bottom' is the extended localizer. Identical with the information below on the HSI, just at a much higher sensitivity.

In case you KMIA 08L, the frequency seems to be wrong, because both, the localizer on the HSI and the glideslope on the artificial horizon are showing the red OFF flags.

1. Correct

2 Again, the runway designator shows the magnetic heading. In case of 19 (Left) at KSFO this means (rounded) 190°

So 215° can't be correct.

(KMIA is unfortunately an example where this isn't the case. I have no idea why and I've never seen such a case IRL)

Just tested. If I click on the 19L symbol it correctly says Heading 195°

Because I see RWY 07R, and if I pull up the info on it, it reads 70. I just dont know how you got those numbers from this runway name. I will need to know this to continue to fly different routes. I am so sorry

That's due to the different dates of the FS2 nav database and the approach chart.

The magnetic variation changes over the years and hence the ILS course and the runway designator.

No need to be sorry, that's what forums are for :)

Again, the CDI indication will not be affected since the ILS course is fixed, contrary to a VOR where a different course/radial affects the CDI indication.

All the needles are lined up and the glideslope is coming down, APP can be engaged. (The heading would be set to 284 in a moment).

This is actually a bad example since you have already crossed the Localizer and you have forgotten to arm the approach mode, it should have been armed way before that point.

The usual intercept heading is ~30° and you arm the approach mode as soon as the localizer needle starts moving.

NAV 1 shows the ILS info on the HSI and the artificial horizon.

You need to check/set 109.9 for ILS 07R at KLAX

The TUNE button is on the second row of buttons below the FMC screen.

If you push it you get a different screen where you can choose which frequency to tune.

Just checked 140kts with 40° flaps is fine. Less flaps = higher speed.

Without flaps you shouldn't slow down below 200kts.

109 isn't the correct LOC course for runway 07R! It's 071°

The runway designator shows the magnetic heading.

That said, at least IRL the Autopilot doesn't care about the course you set on the CDI during an ILS approach. It's for your information only.

You should arm the approach mode after the final turn at ~15NM from the airport.

And what on earth has this to do with rain effects?

Btw. Contrary to snow, rain drops tend to hit the canopy and move along it. Hence the request for rain effect.

Before we are talking about such advanced items it would be much more important to have working landing lights!

Any idea how to limit reverse thrust N1?

Btw. it would be great if the reverse thrust would have a minus command like most other commands as well.

That way one could assign a rotary selector to increase/decrease reverse thrust.

An additional minus or up command for the gear would be very nice as well.

witzig !

Da fehlen dann ja nur noch die 5000 Euro für den derzeit besten Rechner ( und selbst auf dem muss man die

Grafik in VR noch endlos runterschrauben will man keine Dia-Show sehen ) und derzeit kann man nicht mal

entsprechendes kaufen, wenn man denn wollte ... weil ausverkauft .

That's not a valid comparison.

If turn down the MSFS functionality and graphics to FS2 level, I get a similar framerate, but I still can fly everywhere in the world.

It would be really great to be able to toggle between forward and reverse thrust by assigning a button and hence being able to use the throttle to select either idle or max reverse.

That would be the most realistic option, especially for aircraft like the A320 where normal thrust and reverse thrust are located on the same lever.

I've just received my Gladiator NXZ and due to the reverse logic in FS2 I can't even use one of the rotary encoders for reverse thrust.

I don't know a single (quality) joystick which has more than one separate axis and that's always being used as throttle.

Presently I have to assign a button which only enables the use of max reverse thrust (and unrealistically needs to be continuously pushed down).

Being able to use idle reverse (without the need to look down and pull the reverse lever up with the mouse) would be very nice, especially considering that even the new MSFS still has the thrust reverser animation completely wrong.

edit: tried editing the tmd file on the Lear and change max reverse from -1 to -0.11, but this didn't have any effect except to slow down N1 increase in reverse.