Posts by nmj

Fair enough, I'll do some cross-referencing with the OS data to see if it's indeed the right landscape compared to what I see in-game (ignoring photoreal scenery).

Edit:

Seems I've got it working now, PlacePointsInPolygon was missing a INHERITPARENTATTR at the end and I accidentally renamed the .toc file on the output so it wasn't overwriting the old one I had (figured that out after I literally trimmed the entire area down and wondered why everything was still showing up).

I just need to play with ReplacePolygonByBuildingRectangles now as some of the more complex polygon shapes are displaying in a weird way (and with different roof types unfortunately, but unsure if I can do anything for that).

Edit 2:

I think I'm at a point where complex polygons need to be done manually and the only way to have the same roof/building is to remove all the other ones from the building_textures folder as it seems AFS2 just chooses one at random. I also noticed some rotation issues (houses on a hill), they'd either be floating or be in the ground but I don't think much can be done about that unless I design them manually and place them on the map or so.

Anyhow I'm happy with the result now - Day Screenshot / Night Screenshot. Perhaps the next step is getting the Edinburgh building textures and finally the airport.

Thanks Ian,

I've tried that and it seems like some of the building data is a bit off, I am expecting grass and see a building instead in some places (especially gardens). Going to have a better look to see what is causing it, need to trim the .shp files first as even one square is way too large.

Hi,

Quite new to the scene but I'm very interested in messing around with some scenery creation using AeroScenery and SceneProc, I've managed to get most of it working just fine but now I'm trying to delve into SceneProc for a more custom template based on my area.

I've noticed that some tags don't work at all in SceneProc, I'm not sure if anyone else experienced with this or the author has a predefined list of key/values that are accepted.

map.osm

SceneProc.spc file

Code
    ImportOGR|D:\AeroScenery\map.osm|*|*|NOREPROJ
    UnloadFeatures|natural="tree_row"

OUTPUT:
    18:35   UnloadFeatures    Information    Removing features that match natural="tree_row"
    18:35   UnloadFeatures    Information    Removed 0 features

Funnily enough if I modify my map.osm to change the tag key from natural to highway it works fine.

Code
    ImportOGR|D:\AeroScenery\map.osm|*|*|NOREPROJ
    UnloadFeatures|highway="tree_row"

Output:
    18:36   UnloadFeatures   Information     Removing features that match highway="tree_row"
    18:36   UnloadFeatures   Information     Removed 1 features

I could potentially rename the ones I want, but before I do that I'm unsure if this is intended behavior? The default OSM map comes with natural=tree_row tag/key pair.

Other than that much thanks to Nick (AeroScenery), Arno (SceneProc) & Crispy (SceneProc Template).

Here's what I have so far (Edinburgh in progress):

[Blocked Image: https://i.ibb.co/xFGfqXM/ed.png]

Original Google Maps 3D Aerial - still some way to go, primarily fixing vegetation and additional buildings where there should be vegetation.

Thanks.